• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
I keep saying it, and United bros are right that he absolutely has to push on, but Welbeck has all the makings of a top striker. It pains me to say it but he'd be dynamite under Brendan.

Hopefully the Tito rumours are just that.

Oh, and happy birthday Moyes!

subtles

You know, I don't think I've ever seen either him or Pedro Chivirella play, despite them being highly rated. I tend to just watch the U21 highlights on http://youth.lfc.vn/ every-so-often and those two haven't featured much really.

Thanks for the link. Yeah, he has kind of disappeared after the debut he had just before the end of last year. Apparently Barca lodged an official complaint as we saved the lad from their trafficking ways. He was one of their most gifted youngsters by all accounts.

Meier

That would be awful news about Tito. I don't know that it made any difference at all, but he really should have stepped away permanently the minute he was diagnosed. Too stressful of a job to stick with it at such a precipitous time in his life.

Wilbur

Banned
Mou will probably get the blame for killing him from some fans.

Whatever came of the business between Pep, Rosell and Tito? I remember Pep getting very pissed off about something or other.

Linius

I Heart Sharks's new album is pretty great!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q15a0WuF_ac

That band Peace is quite nice btw. I read they come from the same scene as Swim Deep. Good times in Birmingham. Only thing with these young English bands is that they all keep copying what's been done before. Except for Alt-J there's not really a scene emerging doing something new.

And I think Childhood does bringing back old music the best. These lads are pretty fly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ASLyA2Fm0E

EDIT

Almost forgot Cheatahs are UK too. These guys know some cool shoegaze.

That would be awful news about Tito.

It would.

But lets not take anything for news yet, we all know what a shit hole twitter is for creating bullshit. Wouldn't be surprised if it was some 15 year old thinking it would be hilarious to start a Tito is dead rumor.

Elchele

It's how they kidnap those children.
iwrKcdZKAoDCs.gif

This is Messi, pre HGH.

:lol

K1LLER7

I keep saying it, and United bros are right that he absolutely has to push on, but Welbeck has all the makings of a top striker. It pains me to say it but he'd be dynamite under Brendan.

Hopefully the Tito rumours are just that.

Oh, and happy birthday Moyes!
He has everything but sucks once he gets into the box. Needs a season like Sturridge has had.

Messi

Whatever came of the business between Pep, Rosell and Tito? I remember Pep getting very pissed off about something or other.

Someone on Twitter was saying they got the news from Jese Rodriguez. This is the kind of shit people on Twitter make up.

I pray Tito pulls through.

pulga

Banned
Someone on Twitter was saying they got the news from Jese Rodriguez. This is the kind of shit people on Twitter make up.

I pray Tito pulls through.

are they sharing a hospital room or something

fecking twitter bullshit, cant believe a word they say

with that said, hope tito is okay :(

There was some rumors. Some people said Pep was pissed at Tito for getting the job before he was even told of the deal (or that the deal was done behind his back) so he felt somehow betrayed.

Probably didn't helped that Pep had some problems with Rosell and the old directors.

subtles

Despite the rumored ill-will between Pep and Rosell, and some talk of a grudge with Tito, it all started with the board's inability to prevent Pep's departure (them yearly contracts) and the implosion last season, except for the league; most notably the annihilation at the hands of Bayern.

Pep talk:

Pep Guardiola was extremely upset with the attitude of the Barcelona directors at a recent press conference. "I travelled 6,000 kilometres and asked the Barça board to leave me alone, but I haven't achieved this. They haven't kept their word", the new Bayern boss said. "There have been too many things this year that have crossed the line. Using Tito Vilanova's illness to hurt me is something I will never forget", he added.

"I've seen Tito Vilanova in New York and if I haven't met him it's because it hasn't been possible due to my commitments", Guardiola continued. The former Barcelona manager denied that his relationship with Vilanova had turned sour and that he had spoken badly of him in order to sign Neymar: "Last year he won the most successful league title in Barça's history, which proves his ability to do the job. Good players always have the ability to play together and the same applies to those two (Neymar and Messi)".
"I spoke to Neymar on the phone three years ago, because the president, Rosell, asked me to call him to see if he could be persuaded to join Barça. All I did was convince him to go. When I became manager of Bayern, I wanted to see if his situation had changed, as I didn't know if things were different after our call. I arranged a meeting with him and his father in New York and after five minutes I knew he wanted to sign for Barça".
Guardiola continued his extensive response: "I was the one who decided to leave. I served my time and left. I told them to do their jobs and be happy with the players that are there. I wish them all the luck in the world because it's a very special club for me, which goes without saying".

The Bayern boss complained the he felt attacked by the Barça board: "I wish they would leave me alone and stop using my friendships to hurt me. If I want to have dinner with Johan Cruyff, I will have dinner with Johan Cruyff. I don't owe anyone anything. They should stick to what they do best. We'll embrace if we meet in the AudiCup and I hope Barça does well. But there are some things that I will never forget".
Guardiola concluded by saying: "I wish they would let me enjoy my work. If anything is not true from all the things I've said, they must come out and deny them. But they should be the ones to come out, not middlemen. They should come out and deny what I've just said. Then we'll keep talking. Until then I just want to be left to enjoy preparing my team".

Tito's response:

"As you know, I like to avoid talking about personal things and concentrate on football. But I heard what Pep said and it wasn't true, it surprised me.

"I don't think that anyone on the board used me to attack him. These people have always helped me however they possibly can.

"I met with Pep during a two-day trip to New York. Then I went back for a couple of months for the operation and the subsequent treatment and we didn't see each other at all but that wasn't down to me.

"He decided it was better if we didn't see each other but he is my friend and I needed him. I would have acted differently if I were Pep.

"I was the one that was alone, I was the one going through a tough time, I was the one who needed help."

Jarnet87

Welbeck could be great, but we'll never know. The club would rather overspend on veteran strikers instead of giving Welbeck (and Chicharito) a chance to shine.2011-2012 seemed like a big stride for both of them as we phased Berbatov out and they had pretty good years despite injuries. Then we went out and signed van Persie and shafted them, They both deserve better.

faridmon

That band Peace is quite nice btw. I read they come from the same scene as Swim Deep. Good times in Birmingham. Only thing with these young English bands is that they all keep copying what's been done before. Except for Alt-J there's not really a scene emerging doing something new.

And I think Childhood does bringing back old music the best. These lads are pretty fly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ASLyA2Fm0E

EDIT

Almost forgot Cheatahs are UK too. These guys know some cool shoegaze.

Don't forget Jaws. These 3 bands are the trio responsible for the Digbeth are in Birmingham to be an Alternative scene in Birmingham. About time, since the music scene in this city sucks!

I really need to get into Cheatahs. You told me earlier as well, but I keep delaying that for newer bands.

Childhood sound nice. I need to follow them as well!

subtles

Welbeck could be great, but we'll never know. The club would rather overspend on veteran strikers instead of giving Welbeck (and Chicharito) a chance to shine.2011-2012 seemed like a big stride for both of them as we phased Berbatov out and they had pretty good years despite injuries. Then we went out and signed van Persie and shafted them, They both deserve better.

I do feel sorry for Chicharito. He always seemed to do a job when given a chance (always scoring those late goals when we play!) but was never really given a string of opportunities.

I got a beating worst than this once and I deserved it, father left my brother and I to clean up the yard, i was 10 the he was 7, we got into a to fight and I took the shovel and aimed it at his left foot, I took his pinky toe clean off, I was so fucking scared after that, he was bleeding every where i had never seen so much blood in my life, I was panicking, luckily my father came back 5mins after took him to the hospital they reattached the toe, spent a few days there, when he came back home he took his belt off and beat me badly, he kept saying *WHAT IF YOUR BROTHER HAD DIED* every time he hit me, it's the one and only spanking i remember..

Man I was evil kid, few years later I stabbed my brother in the stomach, luckily he block it and it wasn't deep. once told a teacher I wanted to fuck her, I got suspended, went back to school and told her I am gonna kill you after school, I got arrested and expelled right away, my father had to put me in pay school, many times I would think up ways to kill my parents, we lived in a house and I almost did it one night, during the day when they were away i nailed all the windows shut and was getting ready to pour gasoline all around the house and light it ablaze and my brother stopped me he begged me saying I love them, one time my father was beating me and I was laughing at him calling him a frail old motherfucker who can't hurt me, one year he got ran over my a drunk driver, broke his left leg, he was telling to do something i got pissed off and took a bat to his broken leg, i was kicked out after that, 13 years living on my own, working, then a year later he ask me to come back..I have calm down a lot now, I am no longer crazy, but some of the shit i have done I am shocked i am not dead..

i832vhBolW2KT.gif

Linius

Don't forget Jaws. These 3 bands are the trio responsible for the Digbeth are in Birmingham to be an Alternative scene in Birmingham. About time, since the music scene in this city sucks!

I really need to get into Cheatahs. You told me earlier as well, but I keep delaying that for newer bands.

Childhood sound nice. I need to follow them as well!

I'm pretty sure you'll like Cheatahs, mostly for the shoegaze element. That always seems a safe bet with you :p

What in the actual fuck did I just read?

faridmon

I'm pretty sure you'll like Cheatahs, mostly for the shoegaze element. That always seems a safe bet with you :p

Yeah, will get it ASAP (after I finish my current library)

I am really loving The new Real Estate btw. Grew on me rather well.

EDIT: Also, keep hearing a lot of great things about the new Timbre Timbre album. Need to get that as well!

subtles

nope because i havent seen any new eps since i wasnt able to catch winter soldier (99% of the cinemas here only play the films in italian) -_-

I hope you get to see it soon, it was a really good film.

It + the Avengers are probably the best films Marvel has made.

Meier

I love playing RB in Clubs. I never want to play another position..so much fun bombing forward and I always track back even when playing other positions. It's ideal for me.

BmCjCW0CIAAuyfa.png

bjaelke

Rosenborg's Danish striker Nicki Bille has been given an alcohol ban by his club and sentenced to do community service after training while also attending an anger management class. This is the second time he's been in a fight with a police officer over the last year.

We really have a knack for producing some role model strikers in this country.

faridmon

Rosenborg's Danish striker Nicki Bille has been given an alcohol ban by his club and sentenced to do community service after training while also attending an anger management class. This is the second time he's been in a fight with a police officer over the last year.

We really have a knack for producing some role model strikers in this country.

That also explains a lot about Rosenborg as of late. Such a shitty run club!
He also refused to train with the team, even after Rosenborg have made it clear that he is staying, yet the club have done so little to punish him.

faridmon

Whatsapp footballgaf just told me it sucks.

Pls decide

I really like it as well. Not as tense as last season as the overall plot is a bit less riskier since its a bit personal and have little less to do with the country at large, but the acting is phenomenal. Carries the series more than I thought it would.

The latest Episode of Elementary was good, I am actually really looking forward to the next one since its directed by Lucy Lui herself (Lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom