• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abraxas

LdtwcgN.jpg

There is a god.

L1NETT

Is the U21 league that newfangled Scudamore thing where 3 over 21 players can play at a time?

Results probably aren't hugely important, more useful for bringing through and developing players than concentrating on results.

Our U18s won their league, but means pish really.

Vermijl is a Man. United player? What the fuck is he doing at NEC :lol

On loan. He said he probably wouldn't be back at United if Moyes was still manager because Moyes likely wouldn't give him a chance to play.

Is the U21 league that newfangled Scudamore thing where 3 over 21 players can play at a time?

Results probably aren't hugely important, more useful for bringing through and developing players than concentrating on results.

Agreed. I said as much to Meier a while back, but I wanted to banter with Wedward.

Linius

Your U17s lost the Aegon Future Cup to the almight Ajax.

Oi00JIZ.jpg

NOURIIIIIIII

edit

oh wait, you're not a liverpool supporter right? Excuse me :p

On loan. He said he probably wouldn't be back at United if Moyes was still manager because Moyes likely wouldn't give him a chance to play.

Yeah I know. But if you're a United player and you go to a club fighting against relegation in the Dutch league, I dunno what that says about your chances of ever making the first team at United :p

Hixx

I think they are changing the format again soon. A roaring success, it seems.

Linius

Our reserves have joined the lower tier professional football league now. Together with the Twente and PSV reserves. But the other clubs were moaning how it's unfair because you never know what team you can expect when you play our reserves. One week it's a bunch of 17-year olds and the other week half of the team are players who also play for the first team from time to time. It's pretty unfair to the clubs competing for promotion to the Eredivisie this way.

leadbelly

Banned
Hoooolllyyyy shit.

Busy studying for finals. Just saw the news.

Ramires is banned. Cech and John Terry Injured. And Sturridge is probably coming back.

GO LIVERPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLL

Well, if the gossip is to believed --which I might add always seems to be surprisingly accurate--Mourinho is going to field a weakened team anyway.

Chelsea's board have approved Jose Mourinho's controversial plans to field a weakened team in Sunday's Premier League match against Liverpool at Anfield.

If that is true, it would mean Mourinho is more interested in the Champions League than winning the Premier League.

Well, if the gossip is to believed --which I might add always seems to be surprisingly accurate--Mourinho is going to field a weakened team anyway.

If that is true, it would mean Mourinho is more interested in the Champions League than winning the Premier League.

Or that he realized Chelsea need help from both Liverpool and City failing, while beating Liverpool in great form with a squad that has lots of injuries and suspensions to win the league... It's not happening, there's a much bigger chance of beating Atletico and then in the finale, anything can happen. CL is in Chelsea's own hands while winning PL is going to be Chelsea relying on two great teams fucking up badly.

leadbelly

Banned
Or that he realized Chelsea need help from both Liverpool and City failing, while beating Liverpool in great form with a squad that has lots of injuries and suspensions to win the league... It's not happening, there's a much bigger chance of beating Atletico and then in the finale, anything can happen. CL is in Chelsea's own hands while winning PL is going to be Chelsea relying on two great teams fucking up badly.

Yeah. I think current injuries and the ban has probably influenced his decision. That's if it is true of course.

bud23

Because child trafficking wasn´t enough for them.
Master sweet maker was producing drug-laced confectionery on the side
Seven people were arrested on Tuesday in connection with a drug-trafficking ring that dealt in cocaine, marijuana and amphetamines in the Mediterranean provinces of Alicante and Valencia.

One of the detainees is a master maker of turrón, a typical Christmas sweet made with almonds and honey, most types of which originate in this part of Spain.

This confectioner allegedly made sweets laced with marijuana and magic mushrooms, which he shaped into the logo of a well-known soccer club.

1398268151_295060_1398332445_noticia_normal.jpg

Joke club indeed.

http://elpais.com/elpais/2014/04/23/inenglish/1398268151_295060.html

jtb

Banned
Benzema is the very best we're going to do this summer when it comes to getting a striker, so obviously I'd take him. he's better than Higuain.

really hope we pick up Ba while we're at it. seriously, he'd be available for practically nothing—if Wenger passes up on him again, I'll be very disappointed. value in the transfer market!

Linius

Give it up already Messi. We've known this a long time, Omiee tipped you. The sweets store is being conviscated as we speak.

hiroshawn

Banned
1. Everton 6/5
Everton at Southampton

2. Stoke City 19/10
Tottenham Hotspur at Stoke City

3. Sunderland 20/27
Cardiff at Sunderland

4. Liverpool 4/7
Chelsea at Liverpool

hiroshawn

Banned
Im also gonna make to separate bets of Barca losing and drawing. I will collect and profit either way. This is the way of the Parlay Prince.

faridmon

It tells me you don't want him at Everton. Am I reading that correctly?

Look at you, being cheeky and all!

This is just being silly. That's a great fee for a not-top tier forward. He'd be a great addition to your squad

I honestly think he misses more than he scores. We don't have Ronaldo or Hazards so I would rather have a player than work with the midfield and take the chances given to him.

Or Wellback

Hi m8!

I would send over a box of double stuffed Oreos, a bag of Cool American Doritos and a signed picture of Sylvester Stalone his uncle for Benzema at Chelsea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom