• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Such an exciting player.

Mail saying United will bid £25m for Lallana as well. Trying to tie up both the Shaw and Lallana deal before the World Cup.

The prices will only rise so it makes sense, not sure about Lallana only for the reason I want a manger to build us a team and not Woody throwing money around.

We do need Shaw either way.

FootballFan

I really like it as well. Not as tense as last season as the overall plot is a bit less riskier since its a bit personal and have little less to do with the country at large, but the acting is phenomenal. Carries the series more than I thought it would.

The latest Episode of Elementary was good, I am actually really looking forward to the next one since its directed by Lucy Lui herself (Lol)

I have not seen even a minute of The Americans m8.

But if it's Zab + Faridmon vs the ass and ball flashers on whatsapp, I know which side I'm on.

LOOL wilbs I don't know if you are here.

I had my phone on shuffle when playing music, then I randomly hear "I will poop on your familyyyy" voice recording from whatsapp. I died.

faridmon

I have not seen even a minute of The Americans m8.

But if it's Zab + Faridmon vs the ass and ball flashers on whatsapp, I know which side I'm on.

LOOL wilbs I don't know if you are here.

I had my phone on shuffle when playing music, then I randomly hear "I will poop on your familyyyy" voice recording from whatsapp. I died.

Well, me and Zab really disagree on Person of Interest so take our advice with that on mind.

But the first season of The Americans was really good. Fantastically delivered spy series, easy to follow with a lot of personal and family interventions in between that actually felt heart-warming. There were couple of Episode where you thought '' That was convenient..'', but the acting was bloody amazing (some of the best in TV series) and the writing was fantastic.

hiroshawn

Banned
good luck. you're the hiro we deserve.

This is m preliminary fixture analysis. I will end up making three bets on these. one 6 team parlay and 2 3 team parlays.
1. Napoli 11/5
Napoli at Inter Milan

2. Lazio 21/20
Lazio at Livorno

3. Atalanta 26/25
Genoa at Atalanta

4. Hellas Verona 11/10
Catania at Hellas Verona

5. Sampdoria 5/4
Chievo at Sampdoria

6. Cagliari 43/20
Parma at Cagliari

bjaelke

L'Equipe: #Lloris open to leaving #THFC. Roma interested, but also possibility of deal w/ #MCFC & Joe Hart going other way
wtzgU.gif

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

That would be a huge downgrade, I don't think there is any chance of Lloris going to City.

Seems Roma want to buy half our squad, they've been linked with Vertonghen, Sandro, Paulinho, Kaboul and now Lloris. Baldini doesn't seen to remember which club he works for.

Blablurn

I wonder how Pep feels about his first year in Munich so far. It seems like he's surprised about the huge media attention. Maybe even surprised about the the pressure coming from the German media.

Jack cw

I wonder how Pep feels about his first year in Munich so far. It seems like he's surprised about the huge media attention. Maybe even surprised about the the pressure coming from the German media.

He speaks pretty great german and made huge progress with the mentality, so I think he is pretty alright here. The media here in germany is rather mute compared to what happens in Spain. Even if we fail against Real and Dortmund, his first year was the third best season in Bayerns history, so no reason to question him.

He made Bayern a dominating force against EVERY opposition but somehow lacks a bit of penetration power because of a few discrepancies. He just have to adjust the formation because we have no possesion playing midfielder like Thiago, so back to 4-2-3-1 with Martinez and Schweinsteiger, give Ribery a pause and finally put Müller as CAM in the starting line up. Problem solved.

FootballFan

He speaks pretty great german and made huge progress with the mentality, so I think he is pretty alright here. The media here in germany is rather mute compared to what happens in Spain. Even if we fail against Real and Dortmund, his first year was the third best season in Bayerns history, so no reason to question him.

He made Bayern a dominating force against EVERY opposition but somehow lacks a bit of penetration power because of a few discrepancies. He just have to adjust the formation because we have no possesion playing midfielder like Thiago, so back to 4-2-3-1 with Martinez and Schweinsteiger, give Ribery a pause and finally put Müller as CAM in the starting line up. Problem solved.

Very accurate and reasonable statement.

Thiago is absolutely vital. He has been godlike every time I watched Bayern this season. That midfield misses him. And so does ours.

Blablurn

I feel like he will demand some new players to strenghten his tactics. Tiki Taka players.

Took an instant dislike to the new (to me) guy on Football Weekly

Absolutely shitting it for Sunday. A weakened Chelsea team still has players who can easily make the difference between 3 points and 0.

Jack cw

I feel like he will demand some new players to strenghten his tactics. Tiki Taka players.

Nothing wrong with that. Tiki taka is fine as long as it leads to attacking and scoring goals and not just keep the ball away from the opposition. We get Lewandowski, who is probably the best striker in the world at the moment and we already see Schweinsteiger in his last years, so only relying on Thiago wont make it. Kroos is still in negotiations and our defence is rather weak. I hope that Badstuber comes back because he is the defender with the highest football skills and could really help us. I always cringe when Dante is playing his random inacurate long balls. All in all, we might go for a huge solution in midfield (Koke or something) and if Badstuber doesnt deliver, then a new CB (Pep wants David Luiz).

Working 9-8 hold me.

I've been up since 8am yesterday. No caffeine, no electrolytes, none of that nonsense. Just the light of Brendan shining in my soul

Do you get those extra hours back elsewhere/overtime rates? I can do 11 hours quite easily, but as soon as I clock out I'm about ready to just collapse in a heap and sleep

Salazar

“He is aggressive on a benign day,” a close source told M.E.N. Sport. “He’s a very assertive character. If he thinks you’re not performing, he doesn’t hide it.

“At Everton he had strong characters. Phil Jagielka didn’t need an arm around the shoulder.

:lol The majestic paragon Jagielka again.

HPS3qHc.jpg

Someone remove this from my memory. Can't possibly be legit.

Salazar

There is still a certain amount of regret from within his camp that he had to wait until July to take up the post, despite being appointed in May.

Had United been willing to pay up the remaining weeks of his contract the feeling is they could have avoided such a frustrating transfer window.

Yeah, fuck off Davey.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Interested to watch the presses but it will be incredibly dull

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Guy on redcafe says there is an embargo on the conference till 10am, strange if true

Still think this Class of '92 romanticism could come back to bite us on the arse hard.
I just think the new manager whoever it is shouldn't have them imposed on him. If he doesn't want them there then obviously, it has to be that way. But I don't it's wise to throw them out. They still have influence about the place and if a new manager has them on side then he'll probably have quite a few others on side too.

Guy on redcafe says there is an embargo on the conference till 10am, strange if true
Got to redact Giggsy's power play.

subtles

We ll it is nice knowing it couldn't get an awful lot worse.

But putting our faith in unqualified people because of some misguided romantic notion is what got us Moyes in the first place.
I don't know how they will fare on matchdays, but if the club can repair the coaching backbone than you will hopefully see some semblance of a technical team.

Salazar

Journalists who would have spent the next 12 months writing Moyes Is Shite articles are gutted and perplexed and morally unsettled by his dismissal.

Mr Cola

Mutv advertising the layer of the year show, that's gonna be the saddest fucking affair this season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom