• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Holy shit do we really have a Moyes montage with the scientist backtracking it D:

pappe

We should do what Real Madrid are doing. Keeping Zidane around to learn the managerial side of things as well support the manager as the players will respect the main manager if he has the respect of the person the players look upto (Scholes, Giggs) and also to help motivate them when the main manager is having trouble doing so.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
The embargo is real, mutv are editing this heavily for a 10am showing

bjaelke

Someone remove this from my memory. Can't possibly be legit.

IwmCCgD.jpg

You can thank me later

:lol The majestic paragon Jagielka again.

HPS3qHc.jpg

Someone remove this from my memory. Can't possibly be legit.

It's not that bad. The Chevy logo is shit, but at least it's not gold. The shirt is a little tight though.

At least it's better than Liverpool and Arsenal's kit.

edit: I doubt it's legit though. The shape looks wrong and the PL badges looks off.

Mr Cola

Giggs heart in the right place but he doesn't have the gravitas of a manager of a club this size, I wonder if his laid back approach can work

Lightning

Banned
I just think the new manager whoever it is shouldn't have them imposed on him. If he doesn't want them there then obviously, it has to be that way. But I don't it's wise to throw them out. They still have influence about the place and if a new manager has them on side then he'll probably have quite a few others on side too.
The new manager should kick out United's old guard. It's a fragment of the past. Giggs, Scholes and even Keane were great players for United but now their influence needs to be put into it's proper place and not allow United to become a player run club. Just because these guys were great players and fans see them as such which generates hype and excitement it doesn't make them great managers.

Any manager going in there will need a LVG or Mourinho like mentality to cope with the unneeded and unhelpful bullshit that goes with it.

The new manager should kick out United's old guard. It's a fragment of the past. Giggs, Scholes and even Keane were great players for United but now their influence needs to be put into it's proper place and not allow United to become a player run club. Just because these guys were great players and fans see them as such which generates hype and excitement it doesn't make them great managers.

Any manager going in there will need a LVG or Mourinho like mentality to cope with the unneeded and unhelpful bullshit that goes with it.

Indeed.

And LvG said he wants somebody who understands the club and knows the players. So it's got to be one them basically hasn't it.

L1NETT

Speaking of injury prone players, Danny Cadamarteri will finally retire at the end of the season,

Bloke didn't try, but right talented.

Salazar

The new manager should kick out United's old guard.

They'll largely drift off of their own accord. Scholes doesn't really want a new profession in the game. Phil Neville is like a shit puppy and isn't worth considering. Moyes will probably have him back if he gets another decent job. Nicky Butt doesn't have the profile for anything. And Giggs will have a crack somewhere else.

Lightning

Banned
Vivalarazwill444840 said:
Indeed.

And LvG said he wants somebody who understands the club and knows the players. So it's got to be one them basically hasn't it.
It does but any incoming manager cannot allow what Moyes allowed which is to have himself undermined or put in a position where he becomes isolated.

The players crippled Moyes, not all of them, but some of them allowed the off field stuff to influence their performances. The new manager will need to have his own players, not only Fergie's players, on the field who won't have their feathers ruffled because they are not playing enough or things aren't being done how they were in the past.

Key defender, key midfielder, key attacker and those big headed players need to be shipped or trouble awaits any new manager as well as soon as things start going poorly.

It does but any incoming manager cannot allow what Moyes allowed which is to have himself undermined or put in a position where he becomes isolated.

The players crippled Moyes, not all of them, but some of them allowed the off field stuff to influence their performances. The new manager will need to have his own players, not only Fergie's players, on the field who won't have their feathers ruffled because they are not playing enough or things aren't being done how they were in the past.

Key defender, key midfielder, key attacker and those big headed players need to be shipped or trouble awaits any new manager as well as soon as things start going poorly.

I don't disagree.

I'm saying winning players over isn't just a case of, fuck y'all this is my way this is how we do it. If anything - that's part of the reason why the players turned on Moyes (if you believe what we're hearing in the press).You can use senior players to make sure you aren't isolated from the group.

Anyway - I'm not saying they should have a job and get to do whatever they want. But it's not as simple as throw them out.

Mr Cola

I think fun was the most used word in his conference/interview

Sounds like training didnt have a great atmosphere before

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
What the fuck is Arsenal's medical staff doing all day?

While Arsenal's medical staff are clearly incompetent, Diaby is beyond help. When you've had the devastating knee/ankle injuries that he's had it's simply not possible for the body to compensate, it's hard enough adjusting to one reconstructive surgery but he must have had 3 or 4 by now, that's simply too many. His legs will never be able to handle the rigours of the sport.

Mr Cola

Cant wait for the game tomorrow :eek:

Folks will be there, their last season as season ticket holders and its been miserable for them

Lightning

Banned
Usho, with LvG now out of reach who are your manager targets?

And Diaby was never going to play for our first team either way. Not sure why wenger even brought up the latest injury. Nothing can be done to help him.

Lightning

Banned
I remember when people said Robben would always be made of glass and would never be able to play without injury for a long time*. Okay, Diaby has had it much worse, not sure how much they're to blame in this case, but it seems to be a general problem of Arsenal's. In his time at Arsenal Özil has been injured almost as long as in his entire previous career. Not much, but still.

*Okay, he still gets the occasional injury, he's Robben after all, but it's not as bad as it used to be.
Mesut Özil felt his hamstring go inside a few minutes and kept playing, who's fault is that?

Wenger on Sagna contract: "Talks are not progressing...the ball is not in our court any more and he has to come back to us." #afc

Fuck. So long Sagna.

Doesn't tell us anything. We don't know whether his treatment was optimal, we don't know whether his injury was supported by potentially bad (fitness) training, we don't know whether Wenger told them to "not be a pussy".

In the context of Arsenal's overall state regarding injuries one has to wonder whether there's more. That is not to say that Özil is not to be blamed at all.
Arsenal have a no contact rule in training, from what I know.

I have no idea how this stuff works but I wonder if they're a little over protected in that sense and the game is more gruelling on them because of it.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Usho, with LvG now out of reach who are your manager targets?

Pochettino, De Boer, same guys we've been linked with for months. Moyes is on the list but that would be a disaster.

I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that LVG goes to United, it's very likely but his style is very abrasive, I can see them taking a long time to make the decision.

Lightning

Banned
Doesn't tell us anything. We don't know whether his treatment was optimal, we don't know whether his injury was supported by potentially bad (fitness) training, we don't know whether Wenger told them to "not be a pussy".

In the context of Arsenal's overall state regarding injuries one has to wonder whether there's more. That is not to say that Özil is not to be blamed at all, nor would I blame anyone else at Arsenal right now. It's not as if Bayern hasn't had a long list of injuries as well, sometimes these things just happen, sometimes you have players that are more prone to them. That said, I do wonder - especially regarding Badstuber - whether our own medical staff fucked up as well.
Wenger would never say 'not be a pussy'. He clearly stated he knew nothing of the injury until half time which is when he subbed Özil.

Ramsey's injury though was damming for Arsenal. Not only the stupidity of the injury but 3 setbacks? That's too many. Wilshere is the other one I question the handling. His latest injury nothing to do with the club but the ongoing issue has been all year and is concerning.

Regarding Özil though. Player needs to be more responsible than that. Not moving properly come off, can't expect wenger to mind read.

Pochettino, De Boer, same guys we've been linked with for months. Moyes is on the list but that would be a disaster.

I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that LVG goes to United, it's very likely but his style is very abrasive, I can see them taking a long time to make the decision.
Not bad names. Not sure why Moyes would be a disaster though. The United experience was bad but a very stable manager who would do well at Spurs.

Mastadon

Banned

I bet Rafa would come to Spurs.

Kassu

Banned
I know that you probably don't care about Finnish football but this is too funny not to post.

Escape To Suomi @EscapeToSuomi · 2h
IFK Mariehamn's victory over VPS on the 13th of April has been changed to a 0-3 defeat due to an administrative error #veikkausliiga

VPS now lead the #Veikkausliiga table with 10 points from 4 games... IFK Mariehamn now have six points.

None of the participating Mariehamn players (in the VPS game) had correct documents. Never heard of a team fielding 13 ineligible players.

This makes catching VPS even harder for us, IFK pls

Durante is such a great guy. I wish I was more like him.

I think it's a foregone conclusion that he's not coming to Tottenham

Lightning

Banned
Wenger brings on Gibbs in the FA cup game against Wigan and he hasn't played since and misses this week too. Obviously wasn't fit and only on for bench as an emergency which we used and now pay the price.

Damn it.

Cappa

Banned
Según las estadísticas oficiales del partido del Bernabéu, el Bayern Múnich recorrió 118,792 kilómetros (sumando los metros recorridos por cada uno de los 14 jugadores que saltaron al campo), mientras que los 14 de Ancelotti corrieron 112,934 (¡casi 6 km menos que los bávaros!).

Bayern: 118,792 km
Madrid: 112,934km

beating a dead horse butttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt BAYERNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Xavi: "Today football lost"

TeddyBoy

The Southampton Shopping List:

Chambers: Arsenal
Shaw: Manchester United
Schneiderlin: Arsenal
Lallana: Liverpool/Manchester United
Lambert: Everton
Pochettino: Tottenham Hotspur

Southampton will be dead come the 1st of September :(

Jack cw

Según las estadísticas oficiales del partido del Bernabéu, el Bayern Múnich recorrió 118,792 kilómetros (sumando los metros recorridos por cada uno de los 14 jugadores que saltaron al campo), mientras que los 14 de Ancelotti corrieron 112,934 (¡casi 6 km menos que los bávaros!).

Bayern: 118,792 km
Madrid: 112,934km

beating a dead horse butttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt BAYERNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Xavi: "Today football lost"
You still have to face us one more time. Dont get arrogant now, Allianz Arena will be on fire.

The Southampton Shopping List:

Chambers: Arsenal
Shaw: Manchester United
Schneiderlin: Arsenal
Lallana: Liverpool/Manchester United
Lambert: Everton
Pochettino: Tottenham Hotspur

Southampton will be dead come the 1st of September :(

Forget about all that dead weight. More importantly, is Kelvin Davis staying?

Jack cw

it wont be. and you know that

I'm afraid it will be this time. It's Real Madrid, and there is no club besides 1860 that is hated that much in the city and the word has spread around every football community here, that Südkurve is preparing a "Hexenkessel". If they manage to create the level of atmosphere like against Lyon in 2010, then its going to be very long 90 (120) minutes for Real. I believe in Bayern and Pep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom