• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

kharma45

Lol Owen. Who's going then? Vidic we know, Evra and Rio likely. I'd like to see Young and Cleverley gone. I think Hernandez will go too.

Young and Clev won't go I feel sadly. I wish the rumours of Everton wanting Clev were true but it seems too good to be. Nani I could see leave along with Vidic, Evra and Rio. Anderson is out too, Macheda, Bebe and probably Hernandez.

Giggs I imagine will retire.

Wilbur

Banned
Are we going full muppet?

10m Daehli
35m Willy
25m Rakitic
20m Garay

I think Chelsea will get Shaw.

No idea for a lb.

10m to buy Daehli back? Pls, Cardiff are getting relegated. We'll just swap him for Zaha.

Ricardo Rodriguez is pretty good, from what I've seen of him.

pulga

Banned
guys put your dicks back in your trousers

were buying both rakitic and willy c and sending them for a spell in castilla

it is known

Not really happy about the Gündogan news to be honest. Actually, it's kinda shit.

It's pretty much that Gündogan wants another year at BVB to get back in shape to not fail miserably at Barca/Real/etc. And then I think, why the fuck would we try to get Ilkay match time to get him back in shape when we just could give Jojic the time. I mean, sure, at least we'll get some money next summer and he doesn't leave for free.

Elchele

youtube videos don't count.

Not really happy about the Gündogan news to be honest. Actually, it's kinda shit.

It's pretty much that Gündogan wants another year at BVB to get back in shape to not fail miserably at Barca/Real/etc. And then I think, why the fuck would we try to get Ilkay match time to get him back in shape when we just could give Jojic the time. I mean, sure, at least we'll get some money next summer and he doesn't leave for free.

I would have told him to fuck off tbh.

It stuns me that Ji is going to Dortmund.

Maybe he just wants someone to stand next to so he looks gorgeous

He had a good season in the Bundesliga out on loan before going back to flopping at Sunderland.

I want Daehli back just because he makes diagonal runs from the left. Young and Valencia love to stick on the wings.

Adnan is being wasted on the left. He's probably playing at 25%. On the right 50%. In the middle 100%.

We need Rafa as manager.

I'm surprised Daehli hasn't gotten more hype. He makes the entire Cardiff team look like apes because he's so composed, intelligent, and has technique. He only just turned 19 too. The only reason he doesn't start every game is because Ole doesn't want to put too much pressure on him. I don't think he's had one bad game yet for Cardiff.

10m to buy Daehli back? Pls, Cardiff are getting relegated. We'll just swap him for Zaha.

There are rumors that he was bought for 12m by Ole. Ole didn't want to mention the price because he didn't want to put pressure on Daehli. I don't think Cardiff fans would be happy if they sold him as he's the only signing from Ole that has been a total success. I guess it depends if Ole stays. If Ole gets sacked, they can kiss Daehli goodbye as he went to Cardiff in the first place because of Ole.

Wilbur

Banned
That wouldn't be ok. Don't think Cole is staying and that would leave Chelsea with only Ivan, Bertrand and Azpilicueta for both RB and LB. Need another left back for certain.

Yeah but if that's Shaw, that means you have him, Ivan and Azpilicueta fighting for two places. Not that competition isn't required, but Shaw needs to be starting at this age. It would be two years until Terry goes and Ivan moves inside that he'd get regular starts I guess.

If he's willing to wait it out, then he's yours. But if he's not, then he might go somewhere else.

subtles

If Everton don't make Cl, and I were Wenger/Moyes...I'd go for James Mccarthy

Maybe because I've watched more of him than some names thrown about but the lad is damn good. Damn fucking good.

Does the donkey work/PL experience/Young, energetic/ Technically sound

Could see him doing what Henderson does for Pool

I really wanted him when we were linked back at Kenny's time here.

Sublime player.

That wouldn't be ok. Don't think Cole is staying and that would leave Chelsea with only Ivan, Bertrand and Azpilicueta for both RB and LB. Need another left back for certain.

Berty won't stay.

I can see Ivanovic leaving at some point actually, he'll be flavour of the month at teams like PSG at some point and they're probably offer him a silly deal but he can play CB as well so if we had Shaw and Azpilicueta as well as Ivanovic competing with JT/Cahill might work? Even if we sign Shaw he won't play for the first few months, Jose will bed him in slowly and then he'll play every game or something.

Luiz is either midfield or sold. I doubt Zouma will be with us next season...

Azpili and Shaw at full back will be the cornerstone of our domination over the next few years. Azpili, Shaw, Zouma, Courtois, Barkley, Matic, Oscar, Hazard, Willian, Salah, Costa... We'll be the first team to retain the Champions League.

Salvadora

Yeah but if that's Shaw, that means you have him, Ivan and Azpilicueta fighting for two places. Not that competition isn't required, but Shaw needs to be starting at this age. It would be two years until Terry goes and Ivan moves inside that he'd get regular starts I guess.

If he's willing to wait it out, then he's yours. But if he's not, then he might go somewhere else.

This is Chelsea you're talking about.

Buy Shaw and loan him back to Southampton. Done.

Yeah but if that's Shaw, that means you have him, Ivan and Azpilicueta fighting for two places.

No it doesn't. Ivan can certainly get a lot of games in CB too, especially if Luiz leaves (and Terry isn't getting any younger) and having 3 fullbacks for 2 positions is not too much at all, considering the schedule a club like Chelsea got.

Pennywise

I'm split.
We don't know the exact reasons.
Maybe he just needs more time to think about it, with the injury he clearly was thinking about other stuff.

At least we're getting money then, he could have also just said "fuck it, I'm leaving 2015".

Elchele

Yeah, I've seen him play a few times in full matches. But that's okay, I know you think Bundesliga is so irrelevant that no one ever watches it, but I was bored one night and I had already jerked.

I just can't imagine you watching modern football
you probably wouldn't understand what's going on

qindarka

Banned

Ivan will likely never be a regular starting CB here again. He is past 30 and we have FM legend Zouma to groom.

Wilbur

Banned
This is Chelsea you're talking about.

Buy Shaw and loan him back to Southampton. Done.

pls don't kill my vibe

No it doesn't. Ivan can certainly get a lot of games in CB, especially if Luiz leaves (and Terry isn't getting any younger) and having 3 fullbacks for 2 positions is not too much at all, considering the schedule a club like Chelsea got.

Well you're bringing in Zouma, there's Chalobah knocking around as well, so someone's getting the short end of the stick.

And I don't think 3 full backs for 2 positions is too much, when there's a clear hierarchy like Evra/Buttner. But when there's a clear first choice in every position of defence for Chelsea (and considering how good Terry's been this season, it's a bit early to say Ivan will be taking games off him), Shaw might find that moving there means far less game time.

K1LLER7

He had a good season in the Bundesliga out on loan before going back to flopping at Sunderland.

I'm surprised Daehli hasn't gotten more hype. He makes the entire Cardiff team look like apes because he's so composed, intelligent, and has technique. He only just turned 19 too. The only reason he doesn't start every game is because Ole doesn't want to put too much pressure on him. I don't think he's had one bad game yet for Cardiff.
Really hope we go back for him at some point. Too good to just let go and not keep tabs on. See similar traits of Silva in him.

Its a shame we let him go because I doubt we'll ever see him play for United again. Hope I'm wrong.

subtles

We need the FA to intercede and bring Shaw to Anfield.

For the good of the national team, he must play under Rodgers with his teammates.

Wilbur

Banned
I just can't imagine you watching modern football
you probably wouldn't understand what's going on

You live in a fuckin shack in the middle of the gobi desert or something

Why don't you stop using modem and change your name to webm

Modern football

Fuck off.

I'm split.
We don't know the exact reasons.
Maybe he just needs more time to think about it, with the injury he clearly was thinking about other stuff.

At least we're getting money then, he could have also just said "fuck it, I'm leaving 2015".

Yeah, we don't know the exact reasons but what could actually be the case?

We would have loved to extend it until 2018 or something, I'm very sure about that. If he gets back in shape, amazing. If he's proper fucked, well, sucks but the players are insured. Not a high risk to be honest.

Gündogan not thinking about it? Bullshit, man. He had an offer for like over a year, when he wasn't injured. How much time does one need?

The third and obvious reason is that he wants to leave. Like now, but now is a bad time to leave for him.

you're bringing in Zouma, there's Chalobah knocking around as well, so someone's getting the short end of the stick.

And I don't think 3 full backs for 2 positions is too much, when there's a clear hierarchy like Evra/Buttner. But when there's a clear first choice in every position of defence for Chelsea (and considering how good Terry's been this season, it's a bit early to say Ivan will be taking games off him), Shaw might find that moving there means far less game time.

I always had Chalobah marked down as the long-term successor to JT, but he plays in midfield :/

And beside, he will go on loan to Premier League teams for a couple of seasons. As I said above, I don't think Zouma will be at SB next season, a Prem loan will be probably be the way forward...

Instability at United on the manager front could mean we sign him, if he waits his turn he will learn a lot and still get loads of games towards the back of the season. I did just read Ashley is getting a new 1 year deal though...

Elchele

Well, he would have told us to fuck off then and left on a free.

In which case he probably wouldn't have played next season. That would have been a shit situation for both sides, though.

I don't think he will be able to play next season to be honest. He's a massive cunt for not "paying" Dortmund with a real extension for their support during this shit he's going thru. Nobody knows if he will ever recover, so Dortmund even extending him is a huge gesture.

Hummels is the best.

"Are you going to watch the other semi final tomorrow to see who you're playing?"
"No, actually I wanted to watch the Spanish cup final."

Pennywise

Yeah, we don't know the exact reasons but what could actually be the case?

We would have loved the extend it until 2018 or something, I'm very sure about that. If he gets back in shape, amazing. If he's proper fucked, well, sucks but the players are insured. Not a high risk to be honest.

Gündogan not thinking about it? Bullshit, man. He had an offer for like over a year, when he wasn't injured. How much time does one need?

The third and obvious reason is that he wants to leave. Like now, but now is a bad time to leave for him.

Klopp and Rauball said he had enough high class offers to leave this summer, so I don't think he was totally sure what to do.

The only reason I can think of, that forced him to extend his contract, would be Barca.

pls don't kill my vibe

Well you're bringing in Zouma, there's Chalobah knocking around as well, so someone's getting the short end of the stick.

Eh not sure how Chalobah factors into this. First of all I doubt he will ever even get a proper chance, but second of all he's a midfielder.

But again, if Shaw came in he would get games, quite a lot even if it meant just rotating between Ivan, Azpilicueta and him. There doesn't have to be one clear #1 on the left or right, there is so damn many matches to be played and I don't believe it to be a problem at all. There's so many possibilities to what Chelseas team could look like in the summer and Mou no doubt got some plans and these discussions will be about a lot of what if and what about, in the end what Shaw is promised by either manager will be what matters.

K1LLER7

If there's one player who epitomises modern football...
bebe.jpg

Eh not sure how Chalobah factors into this. First of all I doubt he will ever even get a proper chance, but second of all he's a midfielder.

But again, if Shaw came in he would get games, quite a lot even if it meant just rotating between Ivan, Azpilicueta and him. There doesn't have to be one clear #1 on the left or right, there is so damn many matches to be played and I don't believe it to be a problem at all. There's so many possibilities to what Chelseas team could look like in the summer and Mou no doubt got some plans and these discussions will be about a lot of what if and what about, in the end what Shaw is promised by either manager will be what matters.

If we let Jose build the squad he wants, he will be expecting matches every 3 days towards the end of the season (PL/FA/CL) so it would just mean we rotate properly. Last season we played 60 matches I think? Rotating is still 30 matches if you split that down the middle...

Chalobah will get his chance, if only because he counts as trained at the club under UEFA rules I think. Him, Ake, Charly Musonda and Jeremie Boga are the 4 they think going to be good for us. I think Bamford is an outsider too...

Klopp and Rauball said he had enough high class offers to leave this summer, so I don't think he was totally sure what to do.

The only reason I can think of, that forced him to extend his contract, would be Barca.

He obviously had offers. But it would have been batshit insane to leave with such a long-term injury. It's obvious that he wants to leave, same stuff as with Shinji.

And then Klopp/Zorc/Watzke most likely told him he just wouldn't play next season if he didn't sign for at least another year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom