• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose there's always the slight possibility that Giggs could get the job is he wins well in the next four games. I hope not, but the board could be swayed.
The longer is goes - the greater the chances are Giggs gets it, especially if we do well in the upcoming games.

The last game of the season will be a Giggs-fest especially since it looks like he's retiring. Fans will be backing him earnestly if we've been winning too.

I am sure Woowar wants to give it to LvG though, hopefully they can tie it down quickly.

Elchele

Pep on press conference, a bit mad because people and press in Germany like how Real Madrid play more than how Guardiola makes Bayern play. :lol

"Here you like more how Real Madrid plays, but Bayern hired me"

I really don't understand, german football is all about counter attacking, and Bayern hired someone who basically wants to eliminate counter-attacking

What's Rangnick going to do? For some reason, I'd quite like him at Villa in some capacity.

Well he is overseeing the whole Redbull football project - including Salzburg, Leipzig and the football academies. I think he is quite happy where he is now - not sure if he wants to become a coach anytime soon again. RedBull so far allows him to keep key players and basicly shape the club like he wants it to be from the ground up. However the RedBull football project depends a lot on success - Schmidt was a good coach and I don't know how long Rangnick will keep his job if the new coach fails to achieve the CL this year (again...).

LTWheels

It does touch on the core issue of British coaching as a whole though. If you want your team to be a solid mid-table side able to grind out the results that matter then take your pick from a whole host of great British managerial talent.

If you want your team to win leagues, trophies and play with attacking flair and style .... well the last Brit who could do that retired and we are left with only Brendon Rogers. Pretty telling that United are on the verge of their first ever non-British or Irish manager in their history. There simply arent many top British managers left! I think thats why so many people are frustrated with Moyes - he couldnt cope!

Martínez for all intents and purposes is a 'British manager'. 99% of his playing career was done over here. This is where he did his coaching badges and learnt how to coach. He's married to a Scot.

DarkCelebratedIndianringneckparakeet.gif

SomeUnsungFoxhound.gif

NecessaryWhoppingFirecrest.gif

GQman2121

Banned
So the German media are giving Pep shit for his tactics? Hasn't he won everything in front of him thus far this season? He's in one final and battling for another. What more can he be doing?

Elchele

So the German media are giving Pep shit for his tactics? Hasn't he won everything in front of him thus far this season? He's in one final and battling for another. What more can he be doing?

he inherited the best team in the world, and signed Gotze+Thiago. Obviously more than winning the Bundesliga is expected.

LvG with a bunch of nobodies + Robben/Ribery/Schweinsteiger managed to win the league, cup and reached the CL finale

I would say welcome Kiyotake but we're going to have new owners and they may not go for him :(

I can't imagine how cheap he'll be with Nurnberg getting relegated. Like €0.5M at best :lol

he inherited the best team in the world, and signed Gotze+Thiago. Obviously more than winning the Bundesliga is expected.

LvG with a bunch of nobodies + Robben/Ribery/Schweinsteiger managed to win the league, cup and reached the CL finale

I can't imagine how cheap he'll be with Nurnberg getting relegated. Like €0.5M at best :lol

Kiyotake is going to be a steal.

Blablurn

the press conference was just minutes ago

Guardiola about the criticism about his playing style: "I know I'm doing something against the [football] culture in Germany" (ditching counter-attacking)

i didnt see critism. probably just a stupid reporter. probably from sport1.

Clegg

The longer is goes - the greater the chances are Giggs gets it, especially if we do well in the upcoming games.

The last game of the season will be a Giggs-fest especially since it looks like he's retiring. Fans will be backing him earnestly if we've been winning too.

I am sure Woowar wants to give it to LvG though, hopefully they can tie it down quickly.
I really hope Giggs doesn't get it.

He isn't ready and LVG, despite being bonkers, has a good record or establishing a solid foundation for a new manager.

Jack cw

the press conference was just minutes ago

Guardiola about the criticism about his playing style: "I know I'm doing something against the [football] culture in Germany" (ditching counter-attacking)

There is no real critisim against his playstyle in the media. Some outlets complaining about the lack of creativity in attack and especially Riberys current form. Everybody knows that counter attacking is the only option you have against a heavy possession team so, yes he has to find a way to reduce this. Its ok if he keeps his philosophy of football regardless of some critics. He let Bayern play an incredible season after the treble and made this team a (boring to watch) dominating team that forced even Real in Bernabeu into defence. Lets wait for the second leg and if we fail there too because of to much harmless tiki taka then we could start questioning him.

WJD

René Meulensteen: "Mourinho or Guardiola with this current Man Utd team would finish top, I'm sure."

TadkV.gif

Not really deserving of that smiley is it? Sure, it's aged a bit but it's still the same team that smashed the league last season + Mata, Januzaj and Fellaini. Dunno about Guardiola because he's untested at a team that isn't the best in the world, but if Mourinho was manager a title challenge would have been the absolute bare minimum.

edit: christ, those RVP pictures. Not exactly hiding it is he?

Carbonox

Started watching Arrow to see wht the fuss is all about. 2 episodes done. This is actually pretty darn good. Better than I expected.

Barzul

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri 46s
JUST IN: Platini clarifies he never confirmed there would be no exclusions because of Financial Fair Play process.Independent body decides

Fucking UEFA

Arnie

Saw an interesting graphic from The Times that showed Chelsea's B team to be just as expensive and experienced as our first team.

kmax

4azdUgz.jpg

Giggs: I'm here to the rescue

RvP: No Moyes, no loss.

cc9vtnq.jpg

Scholes: It's not your fault, RvP

RvP: But..but-

Scholes: It's not your fault.

K9mrAUu.jpg

Vidic: So you heard how they sacked him?

RvP: No, but you should of heard how he cried in the locker room.

2hRm4yh.jpg

Giggs: ...and then I was like, at least you got paid, man!

bFRTO8w.jpg

Scholes: Hahaha

What they were saying.

Jarnet87

I'm excited to see what Giggs can do for 4 games. I don't think there is any chance he gets the job full time, unless of course van Gaal and everyone else says no to the job. If it were a longer spell and there were some big fixtures to be played then maybe Giggs could prove he deserves a shot. Too small a sample size, but at least he's got a chance and maybe LVG will have him on as a coach.

It's great to see Scholes helping out in training,

Salazar

Good lord.

You can't expect a manager to say otherwise about one of his own.

Expectation is a different thing from the question of how seriously we take the inexhaustibly twattish Arsenal manager suggesting that letting Moyes ram MUFC into the ground was doing British coaching any favours.

Giggs and RVP truly are grey hair buddies for life.

My sides are going white at an astonishing pace.

I'm excited to see what Giggs can do for 4 games. I don't think there is any chance he gets the job full time, unless of course van Gaal and everyone else says no to the job. If it were a longer spell and there were some big fixtures to be played then maybe Giggs could prove he deserves a shot. Too small a sample size, but at least he's got a chance and maybe LVG will have him on as a coach.

It's great to see Scholes helping out in training,

I fully expect United to win all 4 games. 3 games straight at home against nice opponents.

Pennywise

Saw an interesting graphic from The Times that showed Chelsea's B team to be just as expensive and experienced as our first team.

I recently saw that as well, the loan system in Germany is a bit different though, but what a fucking joke that there are people who earn £20,000 a week.
Alot of Bundesliga clubs don't even pay these wages...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom