• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Go_Ly_Dow

Imagine having the balls to go and fuck your brother's wife. Imagine doing that whilst still maintaining a normal existence and showing no outward signs of stress or anxiety.

This is fucking nothing to Giggs. Literally. It's just a room of blokes asking him meaningless questions.

Giggs seducing MU fans and the media just like he did with his brothers wife.

TeddyBoy

Rodgers: "There's no pressure. Pressure is to be at Man City or Chelsea and spend all that money and expect to win the league."

Rodgers: "People are talking about the pressure and how we must not sleep at night. I've never slept better!"

Rodgers: "If you look at our rivals, there's not any young players playing. Sterling is showing maturity way above his age."

Humble Rodgers is dead.

Clegg

Hazard and Oscar are young enough. Obv not young as Sterling and they were bought for a lot of money.

I can't think of any young players who even semi regularly get a game.

bjaelke

Humble Rodgers is dead.

Nour Agha @NourAgha
If you compare the cost of XIs then you're a twat. Coming from a professional manager, shocking. #Rodgers

edin @mcfctyler
Brendan Rodgers is the biggest cunt on earth at the moment. Talking about fucking money again😂

Looks like he hit a nerve.

Wilbur

Banned
Ah okay.

Yeah that would be a little too restrictive IMO.

Agreed. Like I said though, I think something similar has to come into place in regards to an entire matchday squad. City get away with it at the moment by doing what we all fucking do on football manager; leaving space in the 25 :lol

Agreed. Like I said though, I think something similar has to come into place in regards to an entire matchday squad. City get away with it at the moment by doing what we all fucking do on football manager; leaving space in the 25 :lol

Well City are at risk of not even meeting the current restrictions which are pretty lenient!

It would be good to see something like this but it won't happen. It's not the core solution anyway - which is better coaching.

subtles

Ah okay.

Yeah that would be a little too restrictive IMO.

I can't imagine the top clubs buying all of the domestic talent being good for the league, as the other clubs would still be required to field local lads. FFP would go out the window with some of the prices.

Elchele

Bugger that, homegrown players should be from home not shipped in from halfway across the world.

You can't sign youth players from far away countries anyway. a lot of players in Bayern's youth academy are from Austria because they can be like 600km from the border or something like that. Most of our good youth players are austrian.

subtles

Brendan Rodgers says he's "saddened" by David Moyes' departure, describing him as "an honest, good man" & "an outstanding manager."

This

I think it should be done on accents

If they can all do a decent manc accent, they're golden.

Brilliant. :lol

I never understood the fascination with trying to get more English players in to the Premier League. Obviously the bigger leagues are going to attract the best players, and it's not like England can match the global talent pool. Then there's the issues of youth coaching and development never mind the general view of English kids attitudes toward football, mainly concerning themselves with fame and fortune.

I want to see the best players on the pitch every week and couldn't give a monkeys if they're English or not.

Maybe if England could develop the infrastructure and produce a conveyor belt of phenomenal talents it'd be something to start thinking about. But until then.

José Mourinho;109462393 said:
I never understood the fascination with trying to get more English players in to the Premier League. Obviously the bigger leagues are going to attract the best players, and it's not like England can match the global talent pool. Then there's the issues of youth coaching and development never mind the general view of English kids attitudes toward football, mainly concerning themselves with fame and fortune.

I want to see the best players on the pitch every week and couldn't give a monkeys if they're English or not.

Maybe if England could develop the infrastructure and produce a conveyor belt of phenomenal talents it'd be something to start thinking about. But until then.

Well you don't get phenomenal talents until you start thinking about it...so that doesn't really work.

I mean if you're not bothered where they're from at all - that's fine really, a valid standpoint.

But there are alot of good reasons for it and not just because "GOD SAVE THE QUEEN". It's good for the health clubs and the football league in general. And really there's no reason why we can't match the global talent pool, why not? Talent's there - matter of nurtuing it.

Clegg

Hasn't Van Gaal said he wants his future sorted out before sometime in !at so he can focus on the World Cup.

At least United Bros won't have to wait long for finding out who the new boss will be.

Ultimatum

Banned
Well you don't get phenomenal talents until you start thinking about it...so that doesn't really work.

I mean if you're not bothered where they're from at all - that's fine really, a valid standpoint.

But there are alot of good reasons for it and not just because "GOD SAVE THE QUEEN". It's good for the health clubs and the football league in general. And really there's no reason why we can't match the global talent pool, why not? Talent's there - matter of nurtuing it.
It'd increase the quality of the english players, and thus national team, but it'd decrease the quality of the top clubs, which I'm not sure is worth it in the long term.

It'd increase the quality of the english players, and thus national team, but it'd decrease the quality of the top clubs, which I'm not sure is worth it in the long term.

Not necessarily. If you start producing good players...it might actually increase their quality. Better players for cheap/free - more money to spend on the world class ones.

Look at Spain.

God requires unconditional love. Don't question his methods or what he says, just do it. It's a bit like when Abraham was told to kill his son, it might sound crazy, but you should do it, cause he knows best.

:lol :lol :lol

What the fuck is going on with Rodgers?

Goes like 3 months of exceptional form keeping his head down, avoiding headlines and just saying whatever it takes to keep things smooth as we try and extend this run for as long as possible then BOOM, he starts having a pop.

He's not wrong with what he says, but it's strange to start saying it this close to the end of the line. Wonder if he's planned this change in attitude at the conferences. It'll have no negative effect whatsoever on Chelsea and Man City, it won't lessen the expectations of the fans, and it does provoke fans into saying he has a lack of grace and respect. Whether that bothers him at all is another question.

Either way, extend that contract forever and ever pls

Used to hate Dominos, it's become my go-to though now. Still ridiculously salty, but I love it. Papa John's is too dry and often undercooked, Pizza Hut is too expensive even when you get the deals.

Well you can't match the global talent pool by sheer numbers. Of course there's talent in England, and of course a lot of it is very good, but no matter how good your development, you're still going to find more and better talent elsewhere.

As for thinking about it. It's a tough one. Perhaps if teams are forced to have X amount of local players they would then have to try harder in developing them. But since there's currently no real infrastructure of note, you probably run the risk of reducing the over all quality of the talent, and thus the league, at least until the the development picks up, and that's assuming it ever does or that it's even worth it in the end. Which, since most clubs don't seem overly arsed, seems like it probably isn't, at least from their point of view.

Elchele

Guardiola super salty haha

Pep también se refirió a Ribéry, uno de los jugadores más señalados tras el tropiezo europeo en Madrid. "Seguramente sea mi culpa que Ribéry no esté jugando tan bien. Si el año pasado era un jugador de clase mundial y este ya no lo es será por culpa del entrenador."

Pep also talked about Ribery, one of the most "pointed-at" players after stumbling in Madrid: "It's probably my fault that Ribéry is not playing well. If last year he was a world class player and now he is not it must be because of the coach."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom