• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who helps on defense? Rooney?

If we're going to rank defensive contribution it goes like this:
1. Valencia
2. Kagawa (was shit last season, but has improved a lot this season)
3. Nani
4. Young, Mata, Adnan

Young helping out the defense is a myth. He's shit at that too.

K1LLER7

Who helps on defense? Rooney?
Kagawa and Adnan aren't bad at getting back. Kagawa has improved a lot defensively this season. Adnan will get it the more he plays. He tracks back effectively, but can lose his man from time to time. Mata seems to try and help defensively, but he's not as hard working as the other 2.

Having a solid midfield 2 helps. Hioefully the mid we buy is good all round.

Clegg

Is he really as bad as people say? Granted I haven't watched him at all besides the first leg vs. Bayern but he did decent there against Robben.
He's had two decent games in his two seasons with us. One was his debut against Wigan and the other against Bayern. Tbh I've no idea how he didn't seem to have much trouble with Robben because he regularly gets turned inside out by English teams. Not a good defender, poor crosser of the ball and has crap tattoos. I ain't a fan.

K1LLER7

If we're going to rank defensive contribution it goes like this:
1. Valencia
2. Kagawa (was shit last season, but has improved a lot this season)
3. Nani
4. Young, Mata, Adnan

Young helping out the defense is a myth. He's shit at that too.
Valenica would be great if he had a left foot that he was willing to use. He is too predictable, but if he actually tried to cut in from time to time, he would so much better.

pulga

Banned
holy shit

5346b0fc658ab.jpg

this manager was thrown out of the game for calling the lineswoman a "mamacita" lolololol

K1LLER7

He's had two decent games in his two seasons with us. One was his debut against Wigan and the other against Bayern. Tbh I've no idea how he didn't seem to have much trouble with Robben because he regularly gets turned inside out by English teams. Not a good defender, poor crosser of the ball and has crap tattoos. I ain't a fan.
Show Robben out wide and onto his right. Half the job is done right there :p

Clegg

I was feeling slightly cheerful after reading that Ogden article. Possibility of signing a very talented young player, also mentions Carvalho deal well under way.

Then he mentioned Reus and my nice little bubble was burst. No chance of that one happening.

Jarnet87

Valenica would be great if he had a left foot that he was willing to use. He is too predictable, but if he actually tried to cut in from time to time, he would so much better.

He just needs to get his confidence back. In his first two seasons he was giving defenders nightmares despite only using his right foot. He just doesn't run at defenders with the same pace and strength he once did.

GorillaJu

Japanese.

He hasn't gotten any press since Honda joined Milan. He needs to move somewhere where he'll fit in.

Somewhere, where he can go charging through the middle and the ball will be played into his feet.

Somewhere, where a tender face never goes without a warm caress.

A club that is in contention for the title. Then he'll get the press he deserves.

Barzul

Can't see how Everton finish 4th. They'll have to beat City, United and Southampton. 3 games they could quite easily lose. And they have to face Pulis tomorrow and I fancy Palace getting a draw there.
Moyes pls!

Kikarian

I just want to see triple wood and Carvalho together, signing a contract, with Rakitic in background.

Even then triple wood would fuck it up somehow.

Can't see how Everton finish 4th. They'll have to beat City, United and Southampton. 3 games they could quite easily lose. And they have to face Pulis tomorrow and I fancy Palace getting a draw there.
Moyes pls!

Everton haven't lost at home in a long time right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom