• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pennywise

Really hope there's a minutes silence for Tito before our match at the weekend.

No connection to either club but it's really hit me hard.

So young. So out of nowhere.

I guess you haven't see the picture from january that was floating around the media, it was already visible that the cancer was getting worse :/

Further proof he's gone mad, or he's a selfish prick that doesn't want to see the club succeed without him.

The quotes make it sound like it's not choice, all "they should go with Giggs". So as was reported...he isn't involved in the decision making...and then Woodward must have briefed that he would be...and now Fergie's made his play by coming out and making it very clear it's not his choice, but if he can manage to get them to go with Giggs, Fergie's back in.

Let's just cancel football.

ATF487

Really dying to see if Giggs picks himself in the next four games. When was the last time there was a real player manager in the top flight?

Dear fucking lord Giggs let it go.

Hope the board don't pussy out of putting their foot down.

It would be insane to bring in an even more inexperienced manager. Like actually properly insane.

Salvadora

It's going to be even more fun when he wins the last games of the season...
They're playing dross, so he probably will win them all.

Like Laboured said, this is pure insanity like. Can't believe some people are publicly coming out in favour of it.

faridmon

The real question is, is Giggs gonna wear a suite an tie, or just lazily put on some track suits in order to look a bit wee younger?

The Sun are saying Cech wants to put off his shoulder surgery until the summer in an attempt to be fit for the CL final?

I dont have Sun+ so I dont know the details, just saw that tweeted by a Chelsea account.

He knows Courtois is going to be the number 1 at the start of next season either way so he might as well I guess...

Scum

They're playing dross, so he probably will win them all.

Like Laboured said, this is pure insanity like. Can't believe some people are publicly coming out in favour of it.
Well, you know how the media is like in this here parts...

The real question is, is Giggs gonna wear a suite an tie, or just lazily put on some track suits in order to look a bit wee younger?

Farid-chan, pls. You don't wear a suit when playing on the pitch. Full kit, innit.

GQman2121

Banned
The gaming side of this site has really dropped in quality for me. Everyone is so petty and, concerned with numbers and standing up for their own personal tastes that it's embarrassing.

The thread about things that people say or do about gamer's that gets under your skin is a perfect example. It's the people in that thread that get on my nerves more than those who don't know any better.

Pennywise

yeah, he looked terrible. still I wasn't expecting everything to go bad so soon

I don't know much about the type of cancer he had, however, if someone looks this bad it's not a good sign.
Especially for someone who was young and healthy :(

Already saw that shit going down with my aunt and the father of my girlfriend, you'll never think it's going to be this fast, but sadly it's a matter of weeks or just a few months.

Ugh it's such a horrible disease, so damn complex and complicated.

Scum

The gaming side of this site has really dropped in quality for me. Everyone is so petty and, concerned with numbers and standing up for their own personal tastes that it's embarrassing.

The thread about things that people say or do about gamer's that gets under your skin is a perfect example. It's the people in that thread that get on my nerves more than those who don't know any better.

There's more gaming related talk on a page in FootyGAF than you'll find most days on gaming side. God help us all when E3 hits. D:

It's incredible that Giggs is getting this PR campaign to make him manager when he's never even managed a game of Football.

Thing is, if he does get the job and things stay the same and he gets sacked then he likely wont get another chance, he needs to be the assistant or one of them to an experienced manager who helps re-shape the squad because lets face it... whoever gets the job has a big task ahead of them to move on dead wood (Rio, Vidic, Evra, Nani, Cleverley, Young, Valencia, Buttner etc) and then replace them with suitable players.

I was pro-Giggs getting it possibly as recently as yesterday, but he wont get a second chance at it..

Elchele

U-23 Coach Roger Prince will take charge along with ex-pro Marek Mintal for the remaining 3 games of the season, saying “We can survive, everyone at the club now believes it”. Mark Bader has declared a complete shutdown for the players at Nürnberg, saying “Give your wives photos of you, because you won’t be seeing too much of them for the next 3 weeks”.

:lol Nurnberg pls

New console launch disease. Everyone trying to justify their purchase of one over the other, and that shit is toxic to any debates there. I still use it for news and to follow a few series I really like, but yes, overall it's pretty shit.

faridmon

Thanks. I'm excited, got ridiculously low rates too for someone straight out of college with barely any credit.

That is the biggest step one could hope towards an adulthood. You do have a job right? because you have to be careful with rates and such, especially if you are fresh out of Collage/University

Pennywise

Alot of quality people like Shinobi left, and with the beginning of the next console circle, the level of madness definitely raised.
There is so much doom and gloom around nearly every damn topic, every small issue get's completely blown out of proportion, but there are also enough of awesome moments.

The Kazification stuff and so on.
When Gaf get's creative on the gaming side, it's alot of fun.

Az

Hope he plays like this at the WC.

NeedyYawningJellyfish.gif

Messi

The Sun are saying Cech wants to put off his shoulder surgery until the summer in an attempt to be fit for the CL final?

I dont have Sun+ so I dont know the details, just saw that tweeted by a Chelsea account.

He knows Courtois is going to be the number 1 at the start of next season either way so he might as well I guess...

But Courtois will be playing in the CL final this year so why not have the surgery now?

tumblr_mwqahaR91Q1rh2tw8o1_400.gif

faridmon

Remember when it was all about games and the comments were not full of bitterness and bad feelings? There's just so much agression and negativity towards everyone and everything these days. All this talk about reviews and scores and sales is just tiring over time, especially in this environment.

FootyGAF is ten times more pleasant. We may have nutjobs over here, but at least it's the harmless, funny kind.

Edit:
Also congrats Barzul, hope it'll serve you well.

I blame Last of Us. God that game. I like it and all, but people who thinks is the next coming of christ... Bloody Hell!

Fuck that game!

Messi

I blame Last of Us. God that game. I like it and all, but people who thinks is the next coming of christ... Bloody Hell!

Fuck that game!

Mid way through I started gunning everyone down as I was sick of the gameplay. Sign of a true classic right there.

Remember when it was all about games and the comments were not full of bitterness and bad feelings? There's just so much agression and negativity towards everyone and everything these days. All this talk about reviews and scores and sales is just tiring over time, especially in this environment.

FootyGAF is ten times more pleasant. We may have nutjobs over here, but at least it's the harmless, funny kind.

Edit:
Also congrats Barzul, hope it'll serve you well.

I honestly don't remember that. As far as I can remember back there has been fan boys fighting each other over what console is the better one, not to mention review scores. Remember the 8.8 from Gerstmann?

Fuck that game!

Well that's silly. One of my all time favorite games for sure and I see lots of other with the same reaction. Some hyperbole to how good it is, is to be expected.

Fuck you, baka.

L1NETT

Just try to limit the amount of threads you read on gaming side

Tend to avoid massive threads, they always end up with shit slinging of the highest order. NPD threads are the fucking worst.

The Uncharted 3 review thread is the absolute nadir of this forum. That post calling everyone out is fucking gold, if you end up arguing with someone on that list don't bother; complete zealouts the lot of em.

This E3 will be right shit though. Here's what you'll get, I reckon.

Gears of War CG trailer
Halo 2 Anniversary
Forza Horizon 2
New Quantic Dream game
Far Cry 4
Deus Next
Fallout 4

Bookmark this post

Tell me i'm wrong.

LTWheels

Fuck that game!

On the internet only extremes exist.

Everything is either, the 'best thing ever', or 'the worst piece of shit'. There is no in between just hyperbole.

JJ says we'll play Rio and Vidic tomorrow.

No doubt we'll have Giggs and Welbeck on the wings, Clev and Carrick in middle, and Rooney and whoever else Rooney wants up front. 4-4-2, God save the Queen, bangers and mash, job done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom