• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hixx

Fuck these 30 second YouTube ads. 5 seconds is the maximum acceptable ad length for videos on the internet. YouTube is dead.

I don't think I've seen an ad on YouTube for about 5 years.

I see them on GAF all the time though, rest easy Wes!

Gears of War CG trailer
Halo 2 Anniversary
Forza Horizon 2
New Quantic Dream game
Far Cry 4
Deus Next
Fallout 4

Bookmark this post

Tell me i'm wrong.

Im not sure you'll get a Gears CG trailer (though they have been doing mo-cap stuff recently so perhaps?) but the rest I'd hope is there.

But sequels to popular series are expected, but theres quite a few new ips too...

With Microsoft on the backfoot big time and Sony moving their studios to PS4 at the moment this could be the best E3 in a long time

faridmon

By the way, Highasakite have announced a release date for their album here in Germany, 6/6/14, because why not cancel a few tour dates and release the album more than a month after the tour?

My condolences. I would have said they just lost few sales and cannibalised making some, then I remembered they are highly well paid by the Norwegian Cultural department. I doubt they care!

They cam over to London this Wednesday. Too bad I wasn't there at that time!

L1NETT

Brooker is bang on when he describes TLOU as the shift towards an HBO esque mentality on game design

Might not be the greatest " gamey game" of all time, but it does a mark a certain shift towards a high quality drama, actually mature (not just tits and swearing) story and such.

I look at like i would The Wire

God that's wanky

Clegg

So he's not starting tomorrow and won't be on the bench either.

But I wonder if Giggs will give himself one last runout seeing as he's most likely retiring this season.

Messi

But I wonder if Giggs will give himself one last runout seeing as he's most likely retiring this season.

I wouldn't hold that against him to be fair. He should have come on in that final CL game also. The fuck Moyes...now he won't equal the record.

Clegg

Have we talked about Ferdinand's taste in music? His latest tweet about it was clearly a dig at Moyes.

He's an absolute knob.

Elchele

I can't get excited about gaming stuff anymore, I just buy FIFA and a couple of the best games of the year. The rest is just noise to me

L1NETT

Im not sure you'll get a Gears CG trailer (though they have been doing mo-cap stuff recently so perhaps?) but the rest I'd hope is there.

But sequels to popular series are expected, but theres quite a few new ips too...

With Microsoft on the backfoot big time and Sony moving their studios to PS4 at the moment this could be the best E3 in a long time

Wanna make a bet on that gears trailer? ;-)

I just don't see anything exciting. Deus Ex will get my juices flowing, and seeing more Batman will be neat.

It's bad when the thing i'm most excited for is Halo 2.

So excited for it though.

GQman2121

Banned
New console launch disease. Everyone trying to justify their purchase of one over the other, and that shit is toxic to any debates there. I still use it for news and to follow a few series I really like, but yes, overall it's pretty shit.

I feel the same way. I'll read the threads, but I'm just less inclined to get involve and post now days.

Alot of quality people like Shinobi left, and with the beginning of the next console circle, the level of madness definitely raised.
There is so much doom and gloom around nearly every damn topic, every small issue get's completely blown out of proportion, but there are also enough of awesome moments.

The Kazification stuff and so on.
When Gaf get's creative on the gaming side, it's alot of fun.

That's exactly what's happening and I feel like moderation should be tightened when there is someone who is clearly trolling or taking a stance that is beyond conversation. Just start handing out fucking bans to these people and explain to them that they need to chill.

Messi

I am really hoping for Hitman 5 at E3. Just go back to the blood money style, 47 in a suit. Awesomely designed levels with multiple ways to eliminate targets and Jesper Kyd music. None of this cinematic shite.

Also quite excited to see NBA2k15 after this years visual treat.

Tc91

Last home game vs Hull imo he'll throw himself on at some point.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Was that tweet earlier about big United manager news expanded upon?

Also I can see us winning tomorrow, though honestly I dont want a 4-0 clean sweep for the last 4 games, there should be no-one under the illusion Giggs is in any way getting the job.

Just try to limit the amount of threads you read on gaming side

Tend to avoid massive threads, they always end up with shit slinging of the highest order. NPD threads are the fucking worst.

The Uncharted 3 review thread is the absolute nadir of this forum. That post calling everyone out is fucking gold, if you end up arguing with someone on that list don't bother; complete zealouts the lot of em.

This E3 will be right shit though. Here's what you'll get, I reckon.

Gears of War CG trailer
Halo 2 Anniversary
Forza Horizon 2
New Quantic Dream game
Far Cry 4
Deus Next
Fallout 4

Bookmark this post

Tell me i'm wrong.

Halo 3 on Steam

book it

Scum

Looking forward to E3? looool
Thank fuck the World Cup is on!

And what happened to this tweet about big Man Utd news?

Hixx

Was that tweet earlier about big United manager news expanded upon?

Also I can see us winning tomorrow, though honestly I dont want a 4-0 clean sweep for the last 4 games, there should be no-one under the illusion Giggs is in any way getting the job.

It was IndyKaila.

Wanna make a bet on that gears trailer? ;-)

I just don't see anything exciting. Deus Ex will get my juices flowing, and seeing more Batman will be neat.

It's bad when the thing i'm most excited for is Halo 2.

So excited for it though.

If Gears is there, i'd bet its a HD remake, they only started in late Jan and theyre still recruiting. The new head of Xbox said they're already over the time limit and having to cut stuff so it makes sense to leave that out when its not coming until probably 2016... what sort of bet were you thinking?!

I need another Deus Ex, soon. Like now.

I am really hoping for Hitman 5 at E3. Just go back to the blood money style, 47 in a suit. Awesomely designed levels with multiple ways to eliminate targets and Jesper Kyd music. None of this cinematic shite.

Also quite excited to see NBA2k15 after this years visual treat.

Nothing of that will happen. We will get some focus grouped hitman game instead.

K1LLER7

I want him to score this season.

Put himself on to take a Pen. So he'll have scored in every season he's played.

C'mon Giggsy! Don't let the streak end. You ain't Undertaker.

Clegg

IndyKaila basically saying what everyone already knows, but is passing it off as insider info. No shit a manager of LVG's stature will want full control at United.

Clegg

Indykailas best moment was when he screenshotted text messages from his phone and said they were from a high up source at United.

Name of this source? Alex.

Scum

Mirror bloke saying

Evra, Vidic, Ferdinand - he dunno about RB, lol
Welbz, Carrick, Fletcher, Adnan
Mata, Rooney

FLm9W.jpg

GQman2121

Banned
Honestly don't think I'm looking forward to anything other than stuff that hasn't been announced yet.

More Mirrors Edge and The Order would be nice.

I suppose Batman gameplay will be there and I like that series a lot.

GTA V for current gen and PC seems to make sense, but I wouldn't put money on it. Rockstar don't do e3.

faridmon

Well that's silly. One of my all time favorite games for sure and I see lots of other with the same reaction. Some hyperbole to how good it is, is to be expected.

Fuck you, baka.

Some Hyperbole? Bloody Hell, they bloody sucked the hyprbolity out of the face of the earth with the way they are going with how its the best written thing ever, with so many ''cry out loud'' moments, and huggable characters. The best most fluid gameplay, bla, bla bla

Baka, pls understand

On the internet only extremes exist.

Everything is either, the 'best thing ever', or 'the worst piece of shit'. There is no in between just hyperbole.

I agree wholeheartedly!

Like that Ios game? It looked a bit shit, but I liked the visual style enough to want it. :moon

Yeh the board game does actually look quite cool, i'll buy it when I can be bothered. It does sort of me annoy me though that Square Enix Montreal were originally making a console Hitman to bridge the gap to the next IO one and fucked it up to the point where theyre now making mobile games.

Im sure its perfect good and possibly refreshing take on the series, but I wanted more console Hitman...

Messi

I don't believe I ever say back and just thought about how crazy Eric Abidals come back from cancer was. I've spent some time today thinking about both Tito and Abidal since we got the horrible news. It truly is a miracle that Eric abidal was able to overcome multiple relapses and get healthy enough to step back onto a football pitch. At the time I don't think I truly understood the amount of strength it required for Abidal to get to this moment.

gr8vMS6l.jpg

I only wish I could be sitting here thinking about the same miracle for Tito. Nobody deserves to die from Cancer. It is a truly horrendous sickness. I pray that someday a cure will be found and stuff like this doesn't have to happen anymore.

I seen this picture earlier today and given how things have changed it fills me with utter sadness. Fuck :(

2xMoYhL.png

My prayers are with Titos family. RIP Tito, I hope you are at peace now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom