• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.
But that means he'll pick Adnan on the left and KidA will have an aneurysm.

I think he had the attackers facing down, so Adnan would start on the right.

People are learning.

He doesn't do this shit on the left.

iB9Nx1bV3BdKW.gif

It's too bad the idiots around Chicha didn't move to give him support. Could have had a good attempt at goal after Newcastle's defense was stretched and all over the place.

I don't see why Hazard would move to PSG. It's not like he's French. He's already had his time in Ligue 1 and he's moved on from that. Not to mention Chelsea just knocked PSG out of the CL without his contribution in the last match.

I think he had the attackers facing down, so Adnan would start on the right.

People are learning.

He doesn't do this shit on the left.

iB9Nx1bV3BdKW.gif

It's too bad the idiots around Chicha didn't move to give him support. Could have had a good attempt at goal after Newcastle's defense was stretched and all over the place.

Why would they?

Moyes instructed them to draw away from each other. He wanted players to basically isolate themselves, because he's a moron.

It's like he took Cruyff's philosophy of moving away from the man with the ball to create space to the stupidest possible degree.

Linius

Why would they?

Moyes instructed them to draw away from each other. He wanted players to basically isolate themselves, because he's a moron.

It's like he took Cruyff's philosophy of moving away from the man with the ball to create space to the stupidest possible degree.

Both men celebrated their birthday yesterday.

Clegg

Curious about how United will play tomorrow. Right now the style of play is more important than the formation. Under Moyes it was a safety first, keep possession then spread it wide approach. That's what it was until February when we reacher our nadir at the Fulham game. After that we moved away from crossing the ball and tried to play more centrally. But the build up was so slow that we struggled to create. Midfielders didn't stray far from halfway so they couldn't help and the only other outlet was an overlapping cross. Our squad is poor and needs more quality, but it still should've been able to play much better.

I just want to see us play with speed and purpose again. Doesn't matter if it's sloppy or wasteful to begin with.

As Clegg said, the primary problem has been tempo.

If you move the ball quicker vertically (in a controlled manner) you have greater control over which channels you want to attack through in the final third. Liverpool being the primary example of this this season.

Clegg

And if we are going to cross the ball let it be because we've created a genuine attack eg an overlap on the flanks. None of this Ashley Young "I can't fucking do anything other than cut inside and cross from everywhere" shite.

Scum

And if we are going to cross the ball let it be because we've created a genuine attack eg an overlap on the flanks. None of this Ashley Young "I can't fucking do anything other than cut inside and cross from everywhere" shite.

Speaking of Young, I wonder how he's going to get treated in these last four games...

Clegg

Crossing can be a very effective attacking strategy if you build it right. Play quickly, overload the opposing fullback, whip the ball in early to meet oncoming attackers whilst defenders are scrambling back. I think where United failed was the build up. Everything was too slow. Wingers ponderous on the ball and attackers slow to get into the box.

Crossing can be a very effective attacking strategy if you build it right. Play quickly, overload the opposing fullback, whip the ball in early to meet oncoming attackers whilst defenders are scrambling back. I think where United failed was the build up. Everything was too slow. Wingers ponderous on the ball and attackers slow to get into the box.

Defenders weren't rushing back to cover the attackers' runs, they were already there and settled in by the time we'd made the cross.

Clegg

Defenders weren't rushing back to cover the attackers' runs, they were already there and settled in by the time we'd made the cross.
This is true. I lost the head at Valencia a lot this season for dicking around with the ball. We all knew the only thing he'd do is cross it. But he shuffled around a bit. Shimmy, shimmy, shimmy, shift and cross. Killed whatever little momentum we may have built up. And momentum was rare in itself seeing as we were so slow in even getting the ball to the flanks.

We need some really good cm's this summer. They could add so much. We don't have a midfielder that can contribute to attack and carry the ball forward quickly.

Scum

You just need to get Young and Valencia away from FIFA '14.

This is true. I lost the head at Valencia a lot this season for dicking around with the ball. We all knew the only thing he'd do is cross it. But he shuffled around a bit. Shimmy, shimmy, shimmy, shift and cross. Killed whatever little momentum we may have built up. And momentum was rare in itself seeing as we were so slow in even getting the ball to the flanks.

We need some really good cm's this summer. They could add so much. We don't have a midfielder that can contribute to attack and carry the ball forward quickly.

I'll give you Dembele for £50m.

I don't see why Hazard would move to PSG. It's not like he's French. He's already had his time in Ligue 1 and he's moved on from that. Not to mention Chelsea just knocked PSG out of the CL without his contribution in the last match.

and even if lets say he got unhappy at Chelsea, why the fuck would he move to PSG over the many other clubs that would probably look to get him, in better leagues and with better chances at cl?

Scum

If Hazard wanted to leave, then Pep will be all over him. Old Man Robben or Old Man Ribery's replacement, innit.

Clegg

You just need to get Young and Valencia away from FIFA '14.

I'll give you Dembele for £50m.
Dembele has his flaws, but he definitely has the power and pace we lack in the middle. He's basically what we hoped Anderson would become. Doesn't score many goals though.

subtles

and even if lets say he got unhappy at Chelsea, why the fuck would he move to PSG over the many other clubs that would probably look to get him, in better leagues and with better chances at cl?

Zidane is still obsessed with him if I'm not mistaken?

The key to la Decima.

Meier

I know he commented on it and said something along the lines of if his wife says let's move to Paris then he'll do it. It seems any move would likely be predicated upon her wishes.

Scum

Dembele has his flaws, but he definitely has the power and pace we lack in the middle. He's basically what we hoped Anderson would become. Doesn't score many goals though.

Pfft! Treat like a proper box-to-box MC and he'll get the goals. He's not going to score with InterTim still here though. :<

Speaking of Anderson, was a loan move or a permanent one??

I know he commented on it and said something along the lines of if his wife says let's move to Paris then he'll do it. It seems any move would likely be predicated upon her wishes.

Gotta say what you gotta say to keep bitches happy, right? Can't help but think he was misquoted like he was the 100 other times, during his transfer saga though. Meanwhile he's out saying today he wouldn't mind taking the #10 shirt next season and it's not that many days ago he also said he wanted to stay for many years...

Scum

Gotta say what you gotta say to keep bitches happy, right? Can't help but think he was misquoted like he was the 100 other times, during his transfer saga though. Meanwhile he's out saying today he wouldn't mind taking the #10 shirt next season and it's not that many days ago he also said he wanted to stay for many years...

Wooden, pls. He'll be off for Paris or Munich pussy before you know it.

K1LLER7

No way he would ever leave papa Giggs. Impossible. He's too loyal. He said he'd never leave etc. etc.
They asked Januzaj to name 5 teams to have won the CL.

First club he says was not United, but.......Barcalona ;_;

We don't have to worry though. His diving still needs polishing before he makes that move. Maybe we can offer them Ashley Young to teach the kids at La Masia :p

They asked Januzaj to name 5 teams to have won the CL.

First club he says was not United, but.......Barcalona ;_;

We don't have to worry though. His diving still needs polishing before he makes that move. Maybe we can offer them Ashley Young to teach the kids at La Masia :p

Can we dress up Young as an infant so Barca kidnap him?

Salazar

Suppose that being a twat is an occupational hazard of being a Performance Psychologist.

Wonder if there's a club in Denmark where Moyes could go to recharge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom