• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabojnik

You play on Monday...

iuAG7kLUBzkzB.gif

Who gives a shit about Juve, it's all about YNWA now.

Salazar

George Caulkin ‏@CaulkinTheTimes 18m
Pardew presser: #Nufc's "3 French internationals" - Remy, Debuchy, Sissoko - back for Arsenal. Says has been a "technical" wk in training.

Alan pls

Debuchy would get whistled off the pitch in the A League.

confuziz

Banned
Have fun with Louis guys, it's going to be a hell of a ride! Doubt he will get Strootman because of his injury and CL football at Roma..

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Even though he isn't coming to Tottenham, I'm still excited to see LVG in the PL.

Clegg

United have just denied making any approach for LVG.

But they've been very quick off the mark here. Think something must be going on.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
United have just denied making any approach for LVG.

But they've been very quick off the mark here. Think something must be going on.

Don't they have to be very careful about what they say due to the NY stock exchange?

Probably just the usual non-denial denial.

Salazar

Have fun with Louis guys, it's going to be a hell of a ride! Doubt he will get Strootman because of his injury and CL football at Roma..

Even if so, a longing for StrootGOD is a positive indication of awareness that we need alert, technically legit, physically dominant midfield oomph.

I'm going to use Denny Büttner's twitter feed as the key emotional barometer for the first few days of the Van Gaal era.

DeGea gets yet another GK coach, lol. But Frans Hoek sounds like a very respectably experienced dude.

Clegg

If LvG is going to target German based players then we may be ending our interest in Shaw and going after Hamburg's Rodriguez instead.

Salazar

I'd be embarrassed if we bought Lallana. And I'd be annoyed no matter what we did with him - bench him or put him in the 11. He doesn't warrant either of those.

Clegg

That story from Holland must be coming from LvG's people. Wonder what they gain from this.

And they're saying €100m budget. Much more realistic figure than the £150m being thrown around by the British press.

L1NETT

Haven't heard much on these proposed "done" deals for Shaw and Carvalho

They still happening?

I'd be embarrassed if we bought Lallana. And I'd be annoyed no matter what we did with him - bench him or put him in the 11. He doesn't warrant either of those.

Wut

Doesn't warrant the United bench

Yelp

Those stories about meeting Van Gaal a few weeks ago look like being true. Sad for Moyes who btw has thanked all the "real United fans" for supporting him.

Sorry Horse.

Clegg

Lallana and Shaw to United for £55m was the story they ran with yesterday.

They still happening?

Wut

Yelp
I think Shaw will still happen. Left back is a position that needs to be sorted out quickly. He has all the qualities to be a great one.

Not so sure on Carvalho though. A lot of money for the type of midfielder LvG may not even like.

They still happening?

Wut

Yelp

The point is that there is no point in buying a player like him. There are already too many similar players at United. It would be a poor move for him and United.

Lallana and Shaw to United for £55m was the story they ran with yesterday.

I think Shaw will still happen. Left back is a position that needs to be sorted out quickly. He has all the qualities to be a great one.

Not so sure on Carvalho though. A lot of money for the type of midfielder LvG may not even like.

Embrace the Shin Grenades.

Sir.William.corte.2.HQ.gif

kmax

the mail and goal are reporting that Vaan Gaal has agreed to join United (shocker!)

Goal is saying that he'll supposedly get a 3 year contract. United denied that he has signed anything, but they aren't denying that the parties are in agreement.

Mail is saying that Kluivert could become his ass. man, as he's working with LvG over at Holland prepping for WC.

Carvalho for 35 million is a mistake.

don't buy in the summer. wait till January after Sporting out of the CL and offer no more than 20 million, maybe even 15. they'll take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom