• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarnet87

If I was in charge he would be sacked if he is 3-0 by halftime. Martinez doing the double over Moyes would be catastrophic.

It would be, but we are gonna beat them. If you asked me if Martinez would do the double on Moyes back in November up through March I would of told you yes and that alone would be a sackable offense in my book. But since the spineless one got bailed out by RVP's injury we've been playing very good football in the league, mainly Kagawa and Mata leading the way. Even without Rooney or RVP up front I feel we are taking all 3 points.

Slizz

I'd skip around if Moyes got sacked after Everton.

ib13JHoYlcTtGz.gif
iG6hASwMRvhSG.gif
ivzYQoyvJzeB7.gif

GQman2121

Banned
I missed the Shaw talk but I'm just picturing in my head how the conversation with Moyes might go in a room with Luke, his parents, and agent -- and how that would differ compared to the same conversation Mourinho.

I feel like anyway you want to look at the situation that we have the upper hand. More matches. More Trophies. More money if it comes to it. He's 19. The only thing he knows of our club is that we've won everything over the last decade. He needs to follow in the footsteps of his predecessors and make the move to the capital.

Barzul

Football thread fell to the second page. Can't have that. Man I really hope Everton drop points tomorrow. It's all I've been thinking about.

sohois

Feel like Utd fans are going full muppet now they have nothing to look forward to for the rest of the season. Players who have CL options, like Shaw or Rakitic, generally aren't going to choose Utd at the moment. Sure, United can use some of their financial muscle, which is why they will get Carvalho as no one else is going to bid as much, but that's only going to go so far.

Not to mention, I wouldn't have any hope in a transfer window myself when a) you still have Moyes as manager, and b) your negotiating team haven't shown they could negotiate a boots meal deal, let alone steal players from under the nose of the likes of Chelsea.

wedward

I missed the Shaw talk but I'm just picturing in my head how the conversation with Moyes might go in a room with Luke, his parents, and agent -- and how that would differ compared to the same conversation Mourinho.

I feel like anyway you want to look at the situation that we have the upper hand. More matches. More Trophies. More money if it comes to it. He's 19. The only thing he knows of our club is that we've won everything over the last decade. He needs to follow in the footsteps of his predecessors and make the move to the capital.

What he really needs to ask himself is if he wants to be an accomplice in killing football.

qindarka

Banned

I've been hearing that Chelsea are unwilling to pay the asking price for Shaw, United might well be more willing to do so as they have less FFP restrictions, are desperate and need a LB more urgently.

And United are still a huge draw, they'll likely only be out of the CL for one season and it's only a matter of time before an elite manager replaces Moyes.

subtles

I don't think anyone will be overpaying for Shaw. Looking at the deficiencies in the squads in and around the top four + FFP makes me believe no club will be willing to pay 30m for a LB.

The problem for interested parties will be convincing him more than anything.

Manchester United have set a precedent with Rio Ferdinand so I could be very wrong.

LTWheels

Then Brendan walks in the room with the Premier League trophy.

He holds Shaw's face with both hands, no words need to be said.

spidye

typical Blayern fan, buying the competition on the market.

HEY it made sense in my head
Typical juve fan. The world makes only sense in his head.
Couldn't come with anything better than this :|
Should probably sleep after my night shift

Jack cw

Quick update on some transfers:

- Gündogan (extended a year, probably trying to start a come back next season and both Dortmund and Gündogan could get better offers, as Real, Barca and Bayern bailed out due to his injury)

- Toni Kroos (agent said that there is no need to rush things as he stays at least until 2015 (some might think that he indirectly confirmed an agreement to extend with Bayern soon) and there is no offer from Manchester United)

bjaelke

tariq panja @tariqpanja
More than half of PSG's annual income of about €400m is once again listed as coming from undefined 'other products' #FFP

tariq panja @tariqpanja
PSG's €234m in 'other product' income dwarfs that of TV rights, gate receipts and sponsorship listed in filing by French licensing body DNCG

tariq panja @tariqpanja
More than half of PSG's annual income of about €400m is once again listed as coming from undefined 'other products' #FFP

tariq panja @tariqpanja
PSG's €234m in 'other product' income dwarfs that of TV rights, gate receipts and sponsorship listed in filing by French licensing body DNCG

Scummy.

tariq panja @tariqpanja

tariq panja @tariqpanja

Fucking ban them from Europe, and deduct them points in Ligue 1 next season.

subtles

tariq panja @tariqpanja

tariq panja @tariqpanja

Here is the City one I mentioned previously:
Pales in comparison to PSG.

So PSG, who have a famously small fanbase, are basically claiming that they make 234m Euros a year in merchandising? What else could they even pretend this 'other product' is?

Gates
Sponsorship
Merchandising
TV money
Competition money
Money given from the owners

They're the avenues of income, no? And FFP is attempting to eradicate the last one, so they can't use that as the 'other product'

Sport Bild are saying Reus can leave for €25m in summer 2015. If true, poor Dortmund. Yes Moyes.

Are you guys mad or what

Dortmund-GAF, is Leitner good enough to leave for a bigger club yet? Could he Plug the gap in our MF?

What's your club?

Anyway, I'm not sure. He's not really doing all that well for Stuttgart. But Stuttgart is a mess, so that's kinda expected. Could go either way to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom