• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvadora

It's not the name that people have a problem with, Arnie. It's the money.

Remy would fit Arsenal like a glove, but I'm not going to call for a £30m bid.

FootballFan

Milner's good but I think Liverpool can do/aim for better.

I just think people get too preoccupied with flashy names and superstar signatures when the basic premise of football is to win football matches. Unless you're Real Madrid, in which case it's an exhibition of ultimately fruitless galacticos bought with the government's money.

I completely agree Arnie.

Really hope UEFA grow a spine and follow through with these sanctions

Would send a message alright

Well even if they do, the clubs will most likely end up with one transfer window while appealing to CAS... So don't get too excited about City and Barca not fixing their defense.

3Sixty

I meant outside of our club. I'm happy with the way our academy is coming along but there is a hole in certain positions at the 18-23 age group (English).

Not just in our academy but around in England from what I can see.

psh

BZwZ-XpIEAAp-6x.jpg

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
According to @DiMarzio, Juventus have initiated contacts with Alexis Sanchez' agent.

lol

can they even sell players

why would he leave them for us

Di Marzio go to sleep bb

Yen

With 12 months left, Milner would go for about £10m, and that's a fair price. But City will offer him £120,000 and that'll be that, so it's a moo point.

Walshy

I meant outside of our club. I'm happy with the way our academy is coming along but there is a hole in certain positions at the 18-23 age group (English).

Not just in our academy but around in England from what I can see.
Don't worry, Brendan has got this:

In all seriousness though, we can always sign Hughes, although he would hardly get into the squad at Liverpool at the moment.

No idea how Real Madrid aren't facing a transfer ban. Don't they have this 8-11 year old japanese kid in their youth ranks? I'm sure his parents moved to Spain on their own.

L1NETT

I don't think Pool could find a better fit for a workhorse type player (I doubt he'd cost 20m anyways) that I could think of, they are a dying breed. But I'd say that's nowt what they need. I'd say a proper good right back (soz Glen) and worldie centre back first.

Anyways that's far too much time talking about a fucking Leeds player.

Well even if they do, the clubs will most likely end up with one transfer window while appealing to CAS... So don't get too excited about City and Barca not fixing their defense.

DAMMIT

Arnie

Oh sorry, if in the very first post when I didn't know Milner's contractual situation I'd have said £10 million rather than £20 million we'd all be like 'yea fucking solid that m8' and lived happily ever after.

What's £10 million to a premier league football club really? United spent 150% of that on Wilfried Zaha who's subsequently spent the season on the beach. Clubs of Liverpool's size take that much from shirt sales in a couple of months. I'm not fucking haggling over hypotheticals. I want Milner in the squad. I'm not Liverpool's accountant.

And you're being fundamentally disingenuous with that Remy link. Milner has been an important part of a premier league winning squad over the last three years, he's not Loic Remy.

pulga

Banned
No idea how Real Madrid aren't facing a transfer ban. Don't they have this 8-11 year old japanese kid in their youth ranks? I'm sure his parents moved to Spain on their own.

lol i wish we'd get a transfer ban

florentino upending the tea table every summer is a pain in the fuckin asshole

I have no idea. I only know about the contracts of foreign talents because if they are younger than 18 they can only get 3 year contracts and United can't give them a new contract until they are 18.

He'll never leave though.

jbeLkyBDzB6UWQ.jpg

We need to find a good place to loan him to for next year.

Oh sorry, if in the very first post when I didn't know Milner's contractual situation I'd have said £10 million rather than £20 million we'd all be like 'yea fucking solid that m8' and lived happily ever after.

What's £10 million to a premier league football club really? United spent 150% of that on Wilfried Zaha who's subsequently spent the season on the beach. Clubs of Liverpool's size take that much from shirt sales in a couple of months. I'm not fucking haggling over hypotheticals. I want Milner in the squad. I'm not Liverpool's accountant.

And you're being fundamentally disingenuous with that Remy link. Milner has been an important part of a premier league winning squad over the last three years, he's not Loic Remy.

Technicalleh we only spent £10 million because Zaha has played fuck all for us. No add ons for Palace.

pulga

Banned

arnie is going full blablurn on us

you never go full blablurn on us

sheesh, hitcher and dat stability just had a heart attack

Salvadora

Genuinely wasn't trying to be disingenuous with Remy comparison.

Solid player, would improve the team. Just like Milner. Wouldn't spend outrageous amounts on him. Just like Milner.

Hixx

Speaking of Souls :D

I just smashed the Pursuer
part deux
with no shield.

I remember the first time I killed him took about 10 goes with a nice shield and turtling
KuGsj.gif

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'm not gonna pretend I'm an expert on Liverpool, but shouldn't they buy defenders first? Or at least one reliable CB and a LB?

Nice to see that to the surprise of no one, Udine rolled over for Juve.

Congrats on the scudetto.

pls. They had like 12 shots! And they somehow missed a point blank shot.

Wilbur

Banned
I always try and buy Milner when I'm at someone like West Brom or Swansea on FM but his wages are much too high

subtles

psh

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BZwZ-XpIEAAp-6x.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Southampton are definitely the exception

although the certain positions point still stands

You've done a phenomenal job over the years. More clubs really do need to emulate that formula.

Wilbur

Banned
Wilbz you've gotta a thing for Javi Garcia lookalikes

--

10m for Zaha still amazes me.

Javi Garcia is fucking beauts, I fell in love with him when I saw his little icon on FIFA 12 or some shit

seriously though

Linny can you tell me who that is

3sixty's gone missing

probably cumming himself into a stupor over that guy

he's a keeper
as in keep him to bang not a goalkeeper (i think)

Arnie

Technicalleh we only spent £10 million because Zaha has played fuck all for us. No add ons for Palace.

Well technicalleh because Zaha's dropped off the face of the planet faster than you can say "David O'Leary' it just proves what a worthless amount £10 million really is.

And that would buy you 1 x James Milner

We need to find a good place to loan him to for next year.

I would like to see him stay with the first team for the first half of the year to get a feel for the first team in a more comfortable environment. Play him in 2-3 Europa League matches, Capital one cup matches, and maybe a PL game or two. Loan him out after that.

He will surely take part in the pre season matches.

How's he been at Cardiff?

Dunno and I really don't care.

He's shit and he thinks he's ace, doesn't deserve to play for us. Need to bin him asap. Dunno what Froggie was thinking, for all the talk about him vetting the players he signed I dunno how Zaha crept through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom