• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

I could understand the Navas signing as City needed a speedy player who could provide width. Bit signing Jovetic and Negredo was a bit of a strange move when they already had Aguero and Dzeko. They must have spent close to £150m since winning the league a few years ago, but I still don't think they're as good as they should be. The same frailties remain.

Scum

I don't think they would dare move Messi from up front. Similar to how Moyes dare not move Rooney wide. Big difference is Messi is GOAT in his preferred position, whilst Rooney is meh as a #10, yet has seemingly got Moyes by the balls.
Yeah. That's true.

Barcelona without the tiki taka, how dare you. After all they invented total football, they are gods gift to the footballing world.

They can still tiki taka, but like Killer mentioned, Neymar needs to do more of what Villa did. Get in and drag the defence about out of shape. :p

Slizz

I've not been impressed. Would give him another season but I don't think he does much. City need somebody who gives more. A Willian type of player would've been perfect for them imo.

He shits on Valencia, Young and maybe even Nani(not enough of him this season to make accurate analysis but past seasons influence this)

He shits on Valencia, Young and maybe even Nani(not enough of him this season to make accurate analysis but past seasons influence this)

Uniteds wingers are hardly a scale on which you should measure quality. Navas does not look good enough for City at all, and for all the people shitting on Milner, he does way more than Navas in nearly every match. Navas goes completely invinsible and only really got his pace, which doesn't work against most teams anyway as they won't give any space in behind against City.

K1LLER7

I could understand the Navas signing as City needed a pact player who could provide width. Bit signing Jovetic and Negredo was a bit of a strange move when they already had Aguero and Dzeko. They must have spent close to £150m since winning the league a few years ago, but I still don't think they're as good as they should be. The same frailties remain.
True. Jovetic was a suprise. Thought Negredo was the Dzeko replacement but he stayed.

Think they suffer a massive drop in mifield quality when one of Yaya or Fernandinho are out. However even with those 2, they don't really have a Henderson type who's always closing down and running his socks off.

MPW

BlX6hEuCQAAm5DP.jpg:large

guy with glasses (2nd from the left): we should have bought bale insterad of neymar

great win for real madrid!

pulga

Banned
CAMPEONES

mariae1kzx.gif

CAMPEONES

pepepeg9j5w.gif

CAMPEONES

bbba2oksd.gif

OE

giphy.gif

OE

1397683361_extras_portada_0.jpg

OE

BlX6hEuCQAAm5DP.jpg:large

Bale you ain't Ronaldo.

HE'S BETTER BABY

Even at their lowest point

Barca still give Madrid the willies.

orly lol

AND CHEAPER THAN NEYBINHO

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

YES BABY YES

can we all agree Neymar is the biggest flop of the season?

Good Bale goal. Against Barcelona.

YES I LOVE YOU HAHAHAHA

I'd rather have Barça B kids from La Masia than overpaid rubbish like Fabregas and Neymar.

But Fabregas is is a Barca B kid from La Masia lolololololol

AHahahahahahahahahhahahahahaa

:lol Pulga

PLUG? PLUG? ARE YOU OK PLUG?

I can almost see pulga's tears in this gif

Breathe, pulga, breathe!

pluga is a-okay boyos
10178108_10152335364649691_751027922334534019_n.jpg

To FF, with love

danwarb

On former Inter Milan manager Roy Hodgson: "Hodgson mispronounced my name. He called me "Pirla" (a term used in Milan dialect which roughly translates as "d*ckhead"), perhaps understanding my true nature more than the other managers."

This is my favourite.

K1LLER7

No doubt. United wingers are pretty average. But I think he's at that level too imo.

I would want somebody similar to the likes of Willian, Schrulle, Hazard, Di Maria, Pedro, Sanchez, Barkley, Sterling.

Players who provide width, but can also get goals. City needed him to be up there, playing as well as these guys have this season.

faridmon

The toture of being an Evertonian, so close yet so far.

Hats off to pulis and crystal palace. The had their tactics spot.

* now goes back to holidays mode*

pulga

Banned
It's Madrid he supports. The most underachiever club there is. Let him have his moment.

i still dont think you realize your joke of a club WONT EVEN MAKE THE EL THIS SEASON HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA

utterly fucking embarrassing

i mean you flop harder than this:

neynarrqnkb9.gif

and thats pretty hard to top lolololololol

flopmar

pulga

Banned
I think plug just convinced me that I never want Madrid winning la decima. Some people just can't handle success.

yeah it'd be the same thing if the CL final was against barca

but its not

because they're only a top 8 club lol

so fear not, any decima success will be handled with class and grace <3

Herr K

Banned
Nothing is free. I assumed that would be what he got in sign on and agent fees.

Our main signings this season were Kaka, Honda, Taarabt, Rami and Poli (I don't remember if he came this season, who cares).

In any case, Poli was the only one we payed for. Kaka and Honda were free. Taarabt and Rami are both loaned.

FuturusX

It really doesn't. You can be as pretty as you like, but if you don't have the points on the board, then it's your own fault.

Here's a bonus. If you have the points on the board and you'd played excellent football then that's a great bonus. I've always hated Mou's style of play. It's effective but lacks soul. I don't care if he wins league with it or not.

Boring football is boring football. Champions or not.

Romez

I don't get why anyone is surprised Fellaini has been shit, he's not playing in the same position he was at Everton nor are we playing the same type of football they did last season.

Fellaini is basically a target man, his best attributes are holding the ball up and bullying defenders not passing and keeping the ball.

pulga

Banned
Bartra: "We had more possession, but they were more effective because they scored their two chances"

We had more shots and shots on target than you, you undercooked, braindead spermatozoid

Go to sleep, you'll be dreaming of Bale tonight, biatch.

subtles

pulga, please

I'm disappointed

I'm waiting for the time you guys destroy Barca on the pitch

like Atletico

Mou broke them

but the fear still lingers

please admit

pulga

Banned
Everyone is tired of you guys crying about la Decima every year.

Yeah you're gonna need to show me some posts about anyone crying about La Decima

Or is saying "I hope this is the year" crying about it?

Hell I even made a thread titled "La Decimated"

What a silly sequence of posts, go to sleep

pulga, please

I'm disappointed

I'm waiting for the time you guys destroy Barca on the pitch

like Atletico

Mou broke them

but the fear still lingers

please admit

baby i saw Bale completely DESTROY barca today <3

Yeah you're gonna need to show me some posts about anyone crying about La Decima

Or is saying "I hope this is the year" crying about it?

Hell I even made a thread titled "La Decimated"

What a silly sequence of posts, go to sleep

You guys literally always mention La Decima. The football world exists outside of football gaf you know.

Turok_TTZ

Sorry if I missed CDR chat here. was too busy imploding on a dedicated madrid forum elsewhere.

I do not like the way we played to win the cdr but I'll take it.
Hey mehssi, don't feel down. here, I got a double whopper with a choice of 7up or koke to cheer you up :D

Herr K

Banned
Madrid will win La Décima when "... the sun rises in the west and sets in the east, when the seas go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves..."

Alternatively, after Milan wins la ottava lol

So, everytime a United fan says "I hope we win the PL/CL this year" we're supposed to shit on them?

The fuck?

Don't worry. I can assure you while La Decima is annoying as fuck, cause it's not going to happen while Pepe and Ramos is your defensive butt partners, it's not even close to as annoying as hundreds of posts about ClevGod, photos of United players in suits (WHY?!) or formations.

pulga

Banned
Sorry if I missed CDR chat here. was too busy imploding on a dedicated madrid forum elsewhere.

I do not like the way we played to win the cdr but I'll take it.
Hey mehssi, don't feel down. here, I got a double whopper with a choice of 7up or koke to cheer you up :D

turok pls, that's the way I hope we play against bayern (but being more effective with our chances)

we need to counter the fuck out of these tiki taka mucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom