• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

humble pie for Pep

In Pep's defense, it's one thing to push on a team that has momentum and is just waking up to their abilities, but it's another to take a team that's won everything and keep that momentum going. If you don't tool and tinker, you'll become predictable. I mean he's probably taken it too far - hard to argue that given the results and the way they've been playing.

--

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...-League-season-in-pictures.html?frame=2885146

10 worst buys of the PL season

Tiago Ilori in there is stupid - he was bought for the future and the plan was to loan him out from the start. Rodgers has confirmed as much. Aspas or Alberto would be better shout outs for bad Liverpool buys.

10. Demichelis
9. Ilori
8. Anelka
7. Ozil
6. Altidore
5. Osvaldo
4. Soldado
3. Cornelius
2. Lamela
Fellaini

Jack cw

a 3-6-1! Whoaaaa THREE defenders and SIX midfielders?! That's even more defensive and negative than a 3-5-2 herp derp

Haha, only that this formation isnt used for defence but only for attack, overloading the midfield to outnumber a certain part of the field. A few weeks ago this was basically a 2-7-1 at some point with only Boateng and Dante building the line of defence. This is only for a short period of time though. If the opposition has the ball, we always play 4-2-3-1.

sohois

In Pep's defense, it's one thing to push on a team that has momentum and is just waking up to their abilities, but it's another to take a team that's won everything and keep that momentum going. If you don't tool and tinker, you'll become predictable. I mean he's probably taken it too far - hard to argue that given the results and the way they've been playing.

--

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...-League-season-in-pictures.html?frame=2885146

Tiago Ilori in there is stupid - he was bought for the future and the plan was to loan him out from the start. Rodgers has confirmed as much. Aspas or Alberto would be better shout outs for bad Liverpool buys.

10. Demichelis
9. Ilori
8. Anelka
7. Ozil
6. Altidore
5. Osvaldo
4. Soldado
3. Cornelius
2. Lamela
Fellaini

Alberto was as much for the future as Ilori was, neither should have a place in that list. Aspas would be fine.

Mata should be on the list.

Clegg

10. Demichelis
9. Ilori
8. Anelka
7. Ozil
6. Altidore
5. Osvaldo
4. Soldado
3. Cornelius
2. Lamela
Fellaini
Poor Jovetic has been so non existent that they forgot to mention him :(

subtles

I don't know what they were expecting.

Fellaini isn't the kind of midfielder United needed nor the kind they traditionally embraced.

The one thing I can say is that he was, at the very least, expected to maintain his Everton standard which he has failed to.

TeddyBoy

10. Demichelis
9. Ilori
8. Anelka
7. Ozil
6. Altidore
5. Osvaldo
4. Soldado
3. Cornelius
2. Lamela
Fellaini

Ilori can be in there, at first we did buy him to play in the first team. Later we just used his age and his loan to say it was for the future.

If Liverpool pay millions for players who don't go straight into the academy, then they're for the team. Alberto was supposed to take Shelvey's place for example.

LTWheels

Is Aspas that bad of a buy? Consider when we purchased him. He wasn't that expensive either.

He was only intended to be a back-up, 3rd choice striker for an 7/8th placed club. We haven't had major injuries to both our strikers for long periods of time, so there has been little need to use him.

It's like having a second choice keeper in the worst purchase list.

Jack cw

which is what we fucking do too

Hell, even Chiellini and Bonucci push forward most of the time.

Yurt pls. Dante and Boateng can at least play defending in a holding system. Thats what all of Peps magic is made of. Holding the ball and swapping positions to get the gap and score.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Really harsh on Fellaini and Ozil.

Lamela and Soldado on the other hand :lol

Yurt pls. Dante and Boateng can at least play defending in a holding system. Thats what all of Peps magic is made of. Holding the ball and swapping positions to get the gap and score.

that's not my point. A 3-5-2 is not a defensive system, or at least ours isn't. Brazil won the WC in 2002 with a back three.

it's a really shit system though :'(

I kinda feel sorry for Fellaini.

It doesn't help we signed him so late and that he was the only signing. Fellaini was never going to be THE solution but he could have been part of it.

He's been used in no mans land. He should be played either, up the pitch, which just isn't going to happen at United. Or in a deeper role. I think he can do that job reasonably well where he can keep it simple.

No doubt he has been shit. Lazy and often looking out of his depth but I feel like Moyes/board should also be held responsible because they fucked up his signing for one, probably because they didn't really want him, and then misused him.

Carrick will probably go in the summer so if Fellaini plays that role with a better player alongside or ahead of him he might be alright. But if were signing Carvahlo...not sure.

Haven't had a haircut in half a year. The feel of number 2 back and sides later on today will make my kneepits sweat.
PICS!

I hate getting my haircut :(

There's always a point about 10 minutes in where I think, yeah that's just about right. But I never tell him/her to stop. I let it go for another 5 mins and regret it every single time.

Banished is really good imo. my gf loves it.
Not played a game in ages but I might get it.

I had an Advance Wars craving yesterday. Why did they stop making them?

Kikarian

Haven't had a haircut in half a year. The feel of number 2 back and sides later on today will make my kneepits sweat.
3AQmK.gif

Clegg

PICS!

There's always a point about 10 minutes in where I think, yeah that's just about right. But I never tell him/her to stop. I let it go for another 5 mins and regret it every single time.
A proper haircut should only take five minutes.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I always regret cutting my hair short.

but I do it every 2-3 weeks, because work innit

fuck work

okay maybe I shouldn't have said that while at work

i love work im kidding IT department

subtles

PICS!

Advance Wars: Days of Ruin was the last title? I hope it didn't do too poorly...

:(

confuziz

Banned
I don't know why some of you never play games anymore. I can't imagine a life without, even if its just a few hours a week. I need the relaxation.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
my cubicle neighbour is listening to some music

but I don't think he knows that his headphones are not properly plugged in

so basically everyone around us can hear everything

and it's Kesha

I'm not gonna tell him

Anyone here been to/live in Madrid? I've got a day and a half to kill there before the Atletico - Chelsea game and need some recommendations on where to go and what to see.

Carbonox

PICS!

pls my fringe is well over my eyes and the back can nearly touch my shoulders

I have to wear a sports band to keep it all back when I work/play football. With my beard, I could just let it grow out, get some tattoos and become Khal Drogo.

A proper haircut should only take five minutes.

If you have a fuck ton of hair it doesn't. :lol

I always regret cutting my hair short.

but I do it every 2-3 weeks, because work innit

fuck work

okay maybe I shouldn't have said that while at work

i love work im kidding IT department

I used to have it done every 2-3 weeks when I was younger. Now it's a case of every few months.

Aye, resumed playing FFX HD after watching a stream for a bit and I was on it for hours.

I'm 3 trophies away from Platinuming FFX. D:

my cubicle neighbour is listening to some music

but I don't think he knows that his headphones are not properly plugged in

so basically everyone around us can hear everything

and it's Kesha

I'm not gonna tell him

Print out a picture of Kesha and slap it on his desk and jam scissors through her face. That will send him a message.

--

10. Demichelis
9. Ilori
8. Anelka
7. Ozil
6. Altidore
5. Osvaldo
4. Soldado
3. Cornelius
2. Lamela
Fellaini

Fellaini is in the top 10 but I don't think he deserves to be the number 1. He's had a few decent games, but he was overpriced. Lamela on the other hand has just been total shit and hardly even plays anyway.

I had a haircut yesterday. Should have had it done 3 months ago but I didn't have the time due to final year uni commitments. It was nice to wake up this morning and not have to worry about how my hair looks. The girls seemed to like it last night too lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom