• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

Yes. He played Alabas position until the end. The match was done but I liked how the small guys Ribery, Götze and Rafinha outplayed Lauterns defence at the end. Still, Lahm is much faster and stronger in one on ones, so he has to play against Bale there and Alaba is solid and Ribery would suck even more without him. I guess Pep will decide between Kroos and Müller, because Javi worked suberbly against Dortmund when the competiton was open. I was pretty worried with United in the second leg but with Real I have a rather good feeling.

I like your confidence and this will be decided by small margins and you can bet that Bayern will give Madrid a hell of a fight and make no mistake, we are not Schalke, Dortmund without Lewandowski or Barca without Messi.
No doubt that you will have a hard time, just like you will give us a hard time. It's gonna be two very nerve-wrecking matches, that's for sure and may the best team go through to the final.

Slizz

7btjO14.jpg

That face lol

pulga

Banned
We will kick you back to Germany when you come visit the Bernabeu. Of course we'll win that match at home. We will go for a draw at your turf.
The only thing worrying me is Sergio Ramos at this point. I would also like Casillas to be on goal but it's Diego's tournament this season.

Anyway, we got a match against Osasuna to focus on first.

Huh? It's Casillas' tournament, what are you on about?

I like your confidence and this will be decided by small margins and you can bet that Bayern will give Madrid a hell of a fight and make no mistake, we are not Schalke, Dortmund without Lewandowski or Barca without Messi.

Huh? It was us without Cristiano yesterday, not Barca without Missing, what are you on about?

Am I living in some alternate fucking dimension or what lol

TeddyBoy

Did you see anything from Ilori that suggested he's frustrated with lack of games? I hadn't seen anything of that sort personally.

Another Liverpool site with connections to the club (not RAWK).

Plus Rodgers has shown he's given most people at least a small chance at the club even if he isn't totally keen on them: Assaidi in the Europa league, Moses in the league at first, Aspas in the league, Alberto as substitute in the first half of the season.

So far Ilori hasn't had time to show this with us and he got MotM against Barca the other week which suggest his technical abilities shouldn't be in doubt. If Rodgers isn't playing Ilori then it's more likely to do with his attitude then, he's played other played who have shown a desire to prove themselves at the club even if Rodgers isn't keen (Downing and Henderson last season).

That second half is connecting the breadcrumbs a bit, but you can see why I'm inclined to believe the site with what we can see from Rodgers during the matches.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Scum pls

BlYjRomCQAEGvvJ.jpg

I like our mutually beneficial partnership

It's all Robben's fault I tell you. That missed penalty against Chelsea set us back 5 years.

Would have been so good to see Modric, VDV and Bale together in the CL again.

Yen

TeddyBoy, Rodgers said from the start that the plan was to give Ilori 6 months of training with the first team, then send him out on loan for the rest of the season.

Hixx

These City tunnel cam things are well awkward.

Kolarov just hockled on the floor in the tunnel the scruffy cunt

Simon Crabtree does the interviews for their website it looks like and you can see his face when City score, he's gutted.

kmax

I'm LTTP as I was too busy celebrating last night, but my word. Gareth Bale is an absolute beast. How he slayed the Barcelona defense with such ease in the 85th minute is out of this world. Very much looking forward to the Bayern clash next week. Should be one hell of a game.

article-2606250-1D26B12300000578-201_964x473.jpg

Clegg

So..

Crewe Alexandra fans have named Nick Powell the greatest player in their 125 year history.

He left them when he was 19.

So..

Crewe Alexandra fans have named Nick Powell the greatest player in their 125 year history.

He left them when he was 19.

Raul Meireles was the PFA Fans' Player of the Year in 2010/11

Fan can't be trusted to vote on such matters, as they'll fuck it up on purpose. Unless Powell really does have a case for that. In which case Crewe may as well voluntarily liquidate.

That Barca away kit idea was genius. It's a fucking awful kit, but because they linked it to the Catalonia identity, people bought it in their millions by the looks of things.

L1NETT

David Platt? Thomas? Dean Ashton? Danny Murphy?

That poll is pure BS. Crewe have produced so many mint players, more clubs should follow their example.

Clegg

Raul Meireles was the PFA Fans' Player of the Year in 2010/11

Fan can't be trusted to vote on such matters, as they'll fuck it up on purpose. Unless Powell really does have a case for that. In which case Crewe may as well voluntarily liquidate.
He was by best player when they were promoted to League 1 and carried that team as an 18/19 year old.

But their greatest of all time? Bit of a stretch imo.

pulga

Banned
Plug is more obsessed about Barca than any fan I've ever met.

and your series of stupid posts continues

now I can't celebrate an amazing title win over our most bitter rivals?

maybe you dont understand since your club is so irrelevant i dont even know which one it is

/blablurned

pulga

Banned
I get the feeling that winning the cup is an afterthought to beating Barca.

its everything baby

the circle jerk going on in here after they beat us twice this season, even though it amounted to nothing but a 3rd place in a two team league

they mightve won the battles, but we've won the war <3

edit: and its true i wouldnt be giving half a fuck if we had beaten say, Real Sociedad, to the CdR

TeddyBoy

TeddyBoy, Rodgers said from the start that the plan was to give Ilori 6 months of training with the first team, then send him out on loan for the rest of the season.

Fair enough, hopefully his performances on loan will merit his inclusion in the full team squad next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom