• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elchele

Contract until 2018, playing for Bilbao

Good luck, that's gonna be fun again. Probably not possible without Uli's criminal contacts.

holy shit his release clause is €36M.
Bilbao pls

It's still happening guys. Got to use that Uli's money. Rode and Lewa are joining for free anyway

#fuckRode

its everything baby

the circle jerk going on in here after they beat us twice this season, even though it amounted to nothing but a 3rd place in a two team league

they mightve won the battles, but we've won the war <3

The war is La Liga. Copa del Rey is LaserQuest :p

They've fucked this season right up, probably the worst I've seen. 3 losses in a row getting them knocked out of 2 competitions, and probably ending their chance for La Liga. No doubt Xavi will still be doing his best Comical Ali impression though :p

Speaking of which, did he come out with any gems last night about long grass or moral victories?

and your series of stupid posts continues

now I can't celebrate an amazing title win over our most bitter rivals?

maybe you dont understand since your club is so irrelevant i dont even know which one it is

/blablurned

Pulg, you talk about Barca more than your own club. This is fact.

Remember in TDK when Joker tells Batman that he needs them and he wouldn't be anything without him? Well that's basically your relationship with Barca.

Scum

They've fucked this season right up, probably the worst I've seen. 3 losses in a row getting them knocked out of 2 competitions, and probably ending their chance for La Liga. No doubt Xavi will still be doing his best Comical Ali impression though :p

Speaking of which, did he come out with any gems last night about long grass or moral victories?
I'm sure he already has. Old bugger should go stay on the bench from now on.

Jack cw

holy shit his release clause is €36M.
Bilbao pls

It's still happening guys. Got to use that Uli's money. Rode and Lewa are joining for free anyway

#fuckRode

Lol. Every half decent midfielder is better than Schweinsteiger ;)
And I guess we will definately buy another CB, Laporte would be incredible, but I cant see it happen. Bayern will play it safe and buy Luiz because wants it that way.

pulga

Banned

Xavi: "El resultado es un poco impostor. Se nos ha ido por detalles, errores nuestros. Haces tú el desgaste, llevas el peso del partido y te marcan por un error nuestro"

Roughly that the result is misleading, that they've lost because of "details" and errors on their part. He subtly hints that they're the ones who showed up to play football last night, and that we've scored because of Barca's errors.

Typical Xavi bullshit.

Elchele

Lol. Every half decent midfielder is better than Schweinsteiger ;)
And I guess we will definately buy another CB, Laporte would be incredible, but I cant see it happen. Bayern will play it safe and buy Luiz because wants it that way.

Schweinsteiger is still our best midfielder m8. I wouldn't mind Kroos leaving that much tbh, he's great and all but I prefer more complete players like Bastian or Vidal.

Laporte is happening. Based Sammer
pls stop signing average Bundesliga players baby
I honestly think Jan would have been a great option for the CB spot, if Pep hasn't destroyed his career already

Xavi: "El resultado es un poco impostor. Se nos ha ido por detalles, errores nuestros. Haces tú el desgaste, llevas el peso del partido y te marcan por un error nuestro"

Roughly that the result is misleading, that they've lost because of "details" and errors on their part. He subtly hints that they're the ones who showed up to play football last night, and that we've scored because of Barca's errors.

Typical Xavi bullshit.

:lol

Can't wait for his autobiography. It'll be like reading a thousand consecutive doicare posts.

you can also play in Athletic Bilbao if you were part of the youth system, like the venezuelan CB they had

Amorebieta? Cause that was not just as part of him being a part of the youth system, I would assume he only got into their youth system in the first place cause his parents were Basque and he lived there from when he was a kid.

I've never heard that before.

Yeah never heard that shit either.

Elchele

Amorebieta? Cause that was not just as part of him being a part of the youth system, I would assume he only got into their youth system in the first place cause his parents were Basque and he lived there from when he was a kid.

Maybe it wasn't him, but I'm pretty sure they can play if they were part of the youth system.

Zabojnik

I'm just afraid some games might be exclusively shown by SKY

Shit, looks like Sky DOES have rights to some games, although I wasn't able to find details.

Yeah, Sky Italia will show all 64 games and have exclusive rights to 39 of those. Rai only have 25 games. You can see the list here.

Two Cathedrals remains as the best finale ever. Ever.

Probably the best use of a licensed song in a TV show ever. I sometimes get shivers just thinking about it. Dat Knopfler.

Nah, his grand-grand-grand-grand-grandfather's donkey came from Basque. Still counts.

Or you know... Maybe both his parents were just Basque. The only reason he was born in Venezeula is his father moved to the US to play pelota vasca and then retired to Venezeula afterwards, where Amorebieta was born. But they then moved back to the Basque region when he was a kid, he only lived in Venezuela for 2½ years.

OLE

tumblr_n45clkUQf31s40kvmo1_1280.jpg

OLE

Bjk7wNBCEAEk6ZD.jpg

OLE (Modric is so good FUCK!)

BlaqyhhCcAAH0X7.png

TESEKKUR KARDES! OLE

1795508_514723098632436_6897345995154188462_n.jpg

OLE

slide_345963_3628781_free.jpg

OLE HAPPY CARLO!

slide_345963_3628785_free.jpg

OOOOOOOOLE

slide_345963_3628795_free.jpg

Mastadon

Banned
United were actually close to signing Bale last summer.

Could've made a big difference to how this season went.

You were close to paying the required amount of money to discuss terms with him. I don't think there was ever a situation where he would have joined Utd over Madrid.

Clegg

Would be crazy to pay 100m.

We probably offered Nani and some cash.
Afaik we offered quite a lot; more than Madrid were willing to pay at the beginning so I'd guess £70m ish. I think we would've signed him if Madrid hadn't stumped up.

They were always his first choice but if they didn't have the funds to sign him then I think Spurs would've sold to United.

Timothy 'Tactcs' Sherwood: "If you add the points that Bale earned us last season to what we have now we'd probably be challenging for the title."

Someone...

Resuscitate me...

I'm watching an episode of the Simpsons starring Lady Gaga, and you won't believe how terrible it is.

Oh I would. The downfall of The Simpsons is one of the great tragedies of our time. There are now way more awful seasons of Simpsons than good ones.

:'(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom