• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

D_prOdigy

I've gradually warmed to Tim as most others have started to ridicule him.

Maybe it's because I feel sorry that he has to work under Levy when Levy obviously wants to bring someone else in no matter what.

But I think it's because he's clearly a dyed-in-white Spurs guy when Spurs have pretty much nobody else who has that sort of loyalty - certainly not on the pitch - and I can respect that.

Marc

Does anyone else feel the Bale hype is a bit ridiculous when he was up against a defence consisting of Pinto, Alves, Mascherano, Bartra and Alba?

Plus it is the fucking Copa Del Rey. I like Bale but that hype machine is in overdrive today.

I'm watching an episode of the Simpsons starring Lady Gaga, and you won't believe how terrible it is.

I can believe it, Simpsons is like brain cancer now. Throw in Lady gaga, who can make you vomit with a look and you are onto a winner.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
new development on Serie A's Twilight

They were former friends who went on vacation together, but Wanda left husband Maxi to move in with Icardi and they are engaged to be married in June.

Yesterday Wanda announced she was leaving Twitter to “focus on a very important moment of my life,” while today Icardi responded via the social network to reports he would be sued by Maxi Lopez for continually posting pictures of his children.

“It’s a shame people don’t understand anything that we do! Such a pity you continue to invent fines, but there is no such thing as a fine for putting photographs on a social network.

“The only fines I pay are parking ones, because Wanda makes me park in the wrong places!”

soc_g_pepemasch_576x324.jpg

"If there must be evil in this world, let it be your evil."

Infuriated and frustrated in the Copa del Rey final, Neymar glared at Fabio Coentrao and then pushed his head into the Portuguese full-back's face. Neymar was bold. Neymar did not show fear. Not to Coentrao. Not to a man with tips in his hair.

But then an ominous shadow loomed over them both, like an alien mothership breaking through the clouds. Pepe had entered their orbit. Neymar cringed like a whipped dog.

Marc

Favourite Simpsons episode btw?

Mine has to be the episode where Homer and Bart get into the grease business, its only half the story, Lisa like usual with her whiny self ruins the other half but those few scenes are pure gold.

Homer: Marge, I'm a little busy right now achieving financial independence.
Marge: With cans of used grease?
Homer: No, through savings and wise investments. Of course with grease!

Afaik we offered quite a lot; more than Madrid were willing to pay at the beginning so I'd guess £70m ish. I think we would've signed him if Madrid hadn't stumped up.

They were always his first choice but if they didn't have the funds to sign him then I think Spurs would've sold to United.

We definitely wouldn't

Scum

Does anyone else feel the Bale hype is a bit ridiculous when he was up against a defence consisting of Pinto, Alves, Mascherano, Bartra and Alba?

Plus it is the fucking Copa Del Rey. I like Bale but that hype machine is in overdrive today.

I can believe it, Simpsons is like brain cancer now. Throw in Lady gaga, who can make you vomit with a look and you are onto a winner.

Bartra should have just shoulder charged Bale into the advertising signs and sparked a mass brawl instead.

Favourite Simpsons episode btw?

Mine has to be the episode where Homer and Bart get into the grease business, its only half the story, Lisa like usual with her whiny self ruins the other half but those few scenes are pure gold.

Homer: Marge, I'm a little busy right now achieving financial independence.
Marge: With cans of used grease?
Homer: No, through savings and wise investments. Of course with grease!
Who Shot Mr. Burns (Part 1) is fucking gold.

Abraxas

Arsenal interest in Draxler is apparently drying up. No doubt wenger found a young senegalese gentleman who, despite never having seen a football," ees veery uh promizing."

Looking at the League 1 table, what a boring position Peterborough are in

8 points behind 5th, 7 points ahead of 7th. At least they have a playoff to look forward to though, I guess.

Plasma

Banned
Arsenal interest in Draxler is apparently drying up. No doubt wenger found a young senegalese gentleman who, despite never having seen a football," ees veery uh promizing."

Honestly I don't think we need him, striker and a DM have to be the two priority signings in the summer. Besides if we were going to sign a player to stick out wide I'd rather it be an actual winger rather than another attacking midfielder that we shove out wide.

Salvadora

Honestly I don't think we need him, striker and a DM have to be the two priority signings in the summer. Besides if we were going to sign a player to stick out wide I'd rather it be an actual winger rather than another attacking midfielder that we shove out wide.
An actual winger would be a breathe of fresh air at the moment.

Else we'll be stuck waiting for Young's son to turn of age.

pulsemyne

So Cardiff sent a letter to the FA complaining that the loss to Crystal Palace should not stand due to some inconsequential bollocks. What a shitty club they really are.

Tbh I think you would.

Maybe the price would've been driven up a bit more but £70-80m is too good an offer to turn down. Or rather, from what I've read that's what United felt in any case.

I don't think it was ever too good to turn down. He wouldn't have been sold if he didn't want to go. As for United, the chairman had no problem turning down Chelsea's offer for Luka Modric and then accepting less from Real Madrid.

L1NETT

Looking at the League 1 table, what a boring position Peterborough are in

8 points behind 5th, 7 points ahead of 7th. At least they have a playoff to look forward to though, I guess.

Not after we twat them on friday

2-0 Peterboro

---

Bryan Singer you creepy fuck :/

Probably not gonna go rush to see DoFP now. Or at all.

Should the personal life of a creator of films/music/tv play into your enjoyment of it? Does for me.

Clegg

I don't think it was ever too good to turn down. He wouldn't have been sold if he didn't want to go. As for United, the chairman had no problem turning down Chelsea's offer for Luka Modric and then accepting less from Real Madrid.
Well just going from what I've read, Madrid didn't actually have the funds available to sign Bale which is why United thought they could get him. For a few days at least it was either United's offer or nothing. Under that setnof circumstances then I think we could've signed Bale. Then Madrid got the money from somewhere and the deal was settled.

All just conjecture ofc. But for while United were pretty confident that they could get Bale.

Slizz

Know what sucks about having a dead car battery? Not being able to drive to the dealer or store to pick up a new one.

It's such an easy fix but annoying as hell to have to get a ride.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Know what sucks about having a dead car battery? Not being able to drive to the dealer or store to pick up a new one.

It's such an easy fix but annoying as hell to have to get a ride.

wait, you don't have to get a ride! You can revive it temporarily with

just ask one of your neighbors for help. It'll get you to the nearest store/garage at least.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
United were actually close to signing Bale last summer.

Could've made a big difference to how this season went.

lol no you weren't

That's a transfer that could never have happened. I suppose in Moyes' deranged mind it may have seemed possible but not in the real world. We don't sell world class players to PL rivals anymore.

Clegg

lol no you weren't

That's a transfer that could never have happened. I suppose in Moyes' deranged mind it may have seemed possible but not in the real world. We don't sell world class players to PL rivals anymore.
I've already explained why I think Bale could've joined.

Whether or not Spurs would've actually sold him is another matter I suppose.

Slizz

wait, you don't have to get a ride! You can revive it temporarily with

just ask one of your neighbors for help. It'll get you to the nearest store/garage at least.

Just about to, neighbor across the street just got home. All my other close neighbors aren't home lol.

Well just going from what I've read, Madrid didn't actually have the funds available to sign Bale which is why United thought they could get him. For a few days at least it was either United's offer or nothing. Under that setnof circumstances then I think we could've signed Bale. Then Madrid got the money from somewhere and the deal was settled.

All just conjecture ofc. But for while United were pretty confident that they could get Bale.

If we say, for arguments sake, that it was United's offer (which was an indication that they would pay more rather than an offer) or nothing, then it would have been nothing.

Yen

Rodgers: "We were under pressure for 20mins v City. When you have the biggest wage bill in sport you have to perform well at some stage."

Rodgers: "We were under pressure for 20mins v City. When you have the biggest wage bill in sport you have to perform well at some stage."

Read that on RAWK, apparently bluemoon are going mental :lol

Would rather he didn't say stuff like that though, no need really even if it has a basis in truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom