• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

There have been several good individual performances in recent weeks but not really a good team one. Mata and Kagawa play well together because they're good players who look to have similar ideas on the pitch. But midfield is still slow, leaky and laborious. We have a very annoying tendency to leak easy chances top. Newcastle could easily have scored a couple against us.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
There have been several good individual performances in recent weeks but not really a good team one. Mata and Kagawa play well together because they're good players who look to have similar ideas on the pitch. But midfield is still slow, leaky and laborious.
Don't forget the shaky defence

And the clueless slug

subtles

I wonder why GermanGaf hates Ozil so much.

They didn't pay £42m for his services, his left boot is a privilege they get to bask in.

Elchele

You think Gotze has been the worst signing in Europe and you wonder what we're talking about?

he was €37M and basically is a bench player. Has been more of a pain in the ass because we have to give him minutes and take away from Shaqiri and Muller, and he has added nothing in the 98% games he has played.

Scum

#eplthread4lyfe

--

OMG A video games console outsold another video games console

Fucking insane innit

#mindblown
But Linett! How can you deny that my favourite console outsold your favourite console?!?! Why do you like things I hate?? You're a trolololol.

I almost want us to lose so Everton have more of a chance to beat arsenal to CL and Moyes may tumble into the precipice more

I don't want us to lose. Everton are ridiculously small time. It would be funny if they got CL ahead of Arsenal but they can figure that out for themselves. Don't want those shit bastards doing the double over us.

Moyes should be binned no matter what happens. It feels like they're looking for an excuse to dump him but can't quite settle on one - which says it all. They don't really know what they're doing.

I'm hoping the decision has already been made and when the time comes they'll pull the trigger...but it's hope. Our club is run by businessmen now. I'm sure there's an excel spreadsheet somewhere and when cell F4 goes red...that's when his times up.

Clegg

Don't forget the shaky defence

And the clueless slug
Yep.

We beat Newcastle by four, but they could easily have scored a couple. We just let them through without much resistance. Although I think the piss poor midfield has something to do with that. Carrick was the only thing holding our midfield together for the last three seasons. But he hasn't played well this year and now we really have a nothing midfield.

Wilbur

Banned
I don't want us to lose. Everton are ridiculously small time. It would be funny if they got CL ahead of Arsenal but they can figure that out for themselves. Don't want those shit bastards doing the double over us.

Moyes should be binned no matter what happens. It feels like they're looking for an excuse to dump him but can't quite settle on one - which says it all. They don't really know what they're doing.

I'm hoping the decision has already been made and when the time comes they'll pull the trigger...but it's hope. Our club is run by businessmen now. I'm sure there's an excel spreadsheet somewhere and when cell F4 goes red...that's when his times up.

Well losing to Everton again might be that excuse. I don't know. I'm getting more and more hopeful that he is going to leave, but I'd hope if we do that we really are looking into bringing someone with Klopp's calibre in.

Not fucking Giggs.

L1NETT

Proper good Champ/L1/L2 fixtures tomorrow folks, do have a cheeky watch

Barnsley won on (Tuesday??) Wilbz, Charlton only a point above the drop. Home to Bolton

#Charltonwatch

Blackpool on the edge of relegation, at home to Burnley. On the box, followed by Donny at home to Derby

Good chance to watch Bamford and Wisdom and see have fucking good Mcclaren has been.

Brentford/Preston and Shrews/Crewe could be tasty

Which one sold more? I need to know because I'll buy the one which is most popular so I can fit in.

Wii U

Flying off the shelves, get on that.

But Linett! How can you deny that my favourite console outsold your favourite console?!?! Why do you like things I hate?? You're a trolololol.

Nothing will outsell my Gameboy Advance

Advance Wars 4 LYFE

Arnie

he was €37M and basically is a bench player. Has been more of a pain in the ass because we have to give him minutes and take away from Shaqiri and Muller, and he has added nothing in the 98% games he has played.

Fair.

I've always thought he was overrated.

And I've seen far more impressive teenagers.

tumblr_n0okajzZtM1qad9dvo7_r1_250.gif

Wilbur

Banned
Proper good Champ/L1/L2 fixtures tomorrow folks, do have a cheeky watch

Barnsley won on (Tuesday??) Wilbz, Charlton only a point above the drop. Home to Bolton

#Charltonwatch

Blackpool on the edge of relegation, at home to Burnley. On the box, followed by Donny at home to Derby

Good chance to watch Bamford and Wisdom and see have fucking good Mcclaren has been.

Brentford/Preston and Shrews/Crewe could be tasty

Not too fond of what that Belgian bastard's done at Charlton, giving less fucks about them every day.

But then again the alternative is fucking Holloway's Millwall. They can piss off.

Well losing to Everton again might be that excuse. I don't know. I'm getting more and more hopeful that he is going to leave, but I'd hope if we do that we really are looking into bringing someone with Klopp's calibre in.

Not fucking Giggs.

Pretty sure we are going to lose so we'll know soon enough. If we do lose it means CL qualification is ruled out so that could be a threshold of some sort.

As much as I hate the idea of Giggs as manager I would rather that for a season than Moyes staying on - just cos the list of people who want to go if Moyes stays is getting longer and longer by the day and I'd quite like some of the people on that list to stick around.

Salvadora

I'm not even trolling. I think it's weird some Arsenal fans want to defend Ozil so staunchly. I'd be fucking pissed to see a player duck out of matches the way he does. Isn't that a concern for you going forwards? Serious question.
I don't think this has been the case though.

Arsenal fans have for the majority not denied the problems associated with Ozil.

It's the general hate mongering hyperbole that he's subjected to and asinine "worst German since Hitler" comments that some (including myself) feel the need to correct.

L1NETT

Not too fond of what that Belgian bastard's done at Charlton, giving less fucks about them every day.

But then again the alternative is fucking Holloway's Millwall. They can piss off.

Part time- Part timer

You disgust me

If someone can thaw Curbishley out of his carbonite coma maybe he can be manager

Pls

Clegg

He's young, playing in a team choc full of talent but is finding his feet gradually. Maybe he's been a bit disappointing, but nowhere near to the extent of Fellaini, Soldado, Ozil, especially Lamela. You need a bit of perspective.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
The worst signing in Europe was giving Iniesta a contract extension

But in terms of value for money, it has to be Neymar? You can buy 5 Ozil's with his price tag.

we become champions on Sunday. lovely parting gift from Jesus. we have 2 trophies locked (league, Portuguese cup).

League Cup semi is in between Juve matches so i assume Jesus will not focus on it.

then again, it's vs Porto and they're mentally fucked.

My personal worst signing of the season was Rory Donnelly. Joined us on the final day of the January Deadline, had one training session and then fucked back home to Swansea.

GorillaJu

Just got off a train that was absolutely packed since it was 10 mins late. My leg was jammed right through this really pretty girl's thighs. She was wearing a mini-skirt. My left leg now has a large wet spot. No obvious smell, hopefully it's just sweat :lol

Salvadora

I'm glad you took it in a good spirit. I really want to make fun of Liverpool but it's really hard at the moment. Don't worry though, the colour of the EPL winner will be red so at least that is a small crumb of comfort.
m8, there's always reasons to laugh at Liverpool.

Just look at Flanagan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom