• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

K1LLER7

We play better with Mata and Kagawa. Considering its only been around 3 games that they've played together, it will get better with time. Think it can blossom if we get better CM's who play the ball into those 2 more often.

Moyes has to let this continue. Not go back to playing Young or Rooney as a #10. Pls.

Scum

Well that's surely solely down to your taste, I love the system but apart from Fifa and now Trials mine hasn't seen much action!

I can't wait for TLoU either though, finally get to play that fucking thing.

I need to get a bigger SD card, got no space :( There's impressions in the OT over gaming side though!

Cool. Will venture there.

Yen

Just realised the pubs close at 11pm tomorrow
JDsIANu.png

We play better with Mata and Kagawa. Considering its only been around 3 games that they've played together, it will get better with time. Think it can blossom if we get better CM's who play the ball into those 2 more often.

Moyes has to let this continue. Not go back to playing Young or Rooney as a #10. Pls.

God I hope either RVP or Rooney leaves.

Scum

----------- RVP/Rooney ----------
Mata ------ Kagawa ---- Adnan
--- Schneiderlin ---- Modric ---

United's shit u21 team gave up 2 goals in the last 10 minutes. The match finished 2-2. United need to win their next game to go to the playoffs and most likely play Liverpool. James Wilson went off in the 53rd minute with an injury.

Scum

United's shit u21 team gave up 2 goals in the last 10 minutes. The match finished 2-2. United need to win their next game to go to the playoffs and most likely play Liverpool. James Wilson went off in the 53rd minute with an injury.

How bad an injury? Any ideas?

K1LLER7

----------- RVP/Rooney ----------
Mata ------ Kagawa ---- Adnan
--- Schneiderlin ---- Modric ---
Swap Kagawa and Mata.

Carvalho and Fellani midfield.

PL treble winners.

They'll learn from it.

Hopefully Wilson's injury isn't too bad.

K1LLER7

Hope we sign Shaw.

-------------- De Gea -------------
Rafa - Jones - Evans - Shaw

Dat back line.

--------------------

Edit: Mata <3

Manchester United's record signing Juan Mata has urged the club to rally around manager David Moyes, after insisting this is not the moment to "look for guilty people" as the Old Trafford club edges towards the end of a disappointing season.

Failure to qualify for next season's Champions League will be a major blow for Moyes in his first season as United boss, but his big January transfer capture is convinced the good times will roll again at Old Trafford under their current boss.

"We have to be together. Now is not the time to blame anyone. Now is not the time to look for guilty people," Mata told the Daily Mirror.

"Now is the time to stick together -- with the manager, with his staff, the players and with the people on the board of the club. We need to carry on, to stay with the manager. We need to believe in him, because as players we know we have to improve.

"It's not just the manager, it's not just the tactics. It's all of us. It's not the time to blame one person. We are all together in this.

"Some of my friends told me if this situation was happening in another club in Spain it would be different, but the club and the players are behind the manager. We need to be strong as a team, as a dressing room and keep working hard. We need to improve, we know it, but we need to do it together."

Mata's strongly worded statements are a boost to Moyes as he prepares for what is likely to be an uncomfortable first visit back to Goodison Park to take on Everton this Sunday, with the Spaniard signed from Chelsea admitting he expected his first few months at United to be challenging.

"Even before I came, things were difficult here, so I knew I wasn't coming to a side that was going to win, win and win," Mata said. "I knew as well that this club was going to come back and that the future was going to be bright.

"When I was in my situation at Chelsea, not playing, everyone I spoke with in football said; ‘Yeah, maybe Manchester United aren't at their best this season -- but it's still Manchester United!'

"It's not a team that's just played one season in the Champions League and you're going to a club that's not top level. No, this will always be a top level club, one of the biggest in the world.

"So if you don't play Champions League one season, you'll play in it the next year, or you will still win trophies, because it's what the club is about.

"I have no doubt about it. When I joined, in all my conversations with the board and the manager about next season, they were confident about getting the right players.

"They know, and I know, we're in a transitional moment, but in the summer they're going to try to sign a few players and I have the faith they are going to bring top players in.

"I'm sure this club is going to come back and fight for every trophy. Since I was a kid, Manchester United was fighting for everything and this moment is going to come back for sure.

"The club is in a transitional moment. They had Sir Alex Ferguson as the manager for the last 26 years, so I think it's a big change for the club.

"I don't know how many clubs in the world that have had the same manager for nearly 30 years -- probably none. That was a unique situation, but we have to look forward to the future, and I have to say I think the future for this club will be bright, because it deserves the best."

But if Chicha leaves too D:

It's fine.

Having 2 great strikers competing for the same spot with Moyes deciding to put the fat one behind the other hasnt really been that effective for us this year.

Hope we sign Shaw.

-------------- De Gea -------------
Rafa - Jones - Evans - Shaw

Dat back line.

--------------------

I have a feeling that the reason why Rafa was not as good as last year for us is because our CBs has been largely ineffective for the most part of it.

GQman2121

Banned
I have numerous games I could be playing, but I'm hooked on the user created capture mode for GTA V Online. It's stupid fun with a bunch of people.

BigBoss

Looks like Messi joining City isn't as farfetched as a lot people thought a couple of months back. The Messi camp and Barcelona aren't even remotely close on coming to an agreement, Messi wants $400 million while maintaining 100% image rights while Barca are only willing to give $200 million and they want 20% of his image rights. Apparently a decision will be made before the World Cup.

wedward

Looks like Messi joining City isn't as farfetched as a lot people thought a couple of months back. The Messi camp and Barcelona aren't even remotely close on coming to an agreement, Messi wants $400 million while maintaining 100% image rights while Barca are only willing to give $200 million and they want 20% of his image rights. Apparently a decision will be made before the World Cup.

City won't be able to pay that.

Kikarian

lol

Zabojnik

FootballFan

Scary prospect. No GOAT. No Party? Ever again.

GorillaJu

No matter how much money you bring into it, Messi will always be a Barça player. Just can't see any circumstances where he moves to a different club.

Salazar

I don't see where he problem is. Hasn't Dzeko been very good this season?

13 goals (I think ?), with what has seemed like a Chicha-level taste of the bench.

Laughed my ass off at Milner spending most of the Sunderland game angrily shaking his head. Unreal jinx from Arnold.

hiroshawn

Banned
Trying to secure some coin for this weekends bets. I had to pay rent and my phone bill. I may have to wait until next week, Devastating.

subtles

I hope we get to see Allen higher up the pitch in our next few games. He has a wonderful habit of finding space in the final third.

He definitely needs to be more decisive. :(

Meier

I don't see where he problem is. Hasn't Dzeko been very good this season?

Dzeko is fine but he is so fucking wasteful that he drives me mad. A broken clock is right twice a day -- when he scores, it's almost essentially only because he's had about 10 shots and one has to finally go in. We can and must do better.

hiroshawn

Banned
PSN is my username as soon as im off work im playing all night. Come at me.

BTW Ox is better than Sterling. Sterling may be a better winger but Ox (at the moment Ox hasn't played on the wing as much) But Ox is a better overall player.

GorillaJu

I hope we get to see Allen higher up the pitch in our next few games. He has a wonderful habit of finding space in the final third.

He definitely needs to be more decisive. :(

Allen is good in a possession based system but when we play this hyper fast counter-attacking style his inability to pull the trigger when the opportunity presents is a real liability. Suarez Sterling Coutinho will probably be our front three with Allen Lucas Gerrard as the midfield. Probably Sterling, Cou and Suarez will all take turns coming centrally for the ball to orchestrate plays in a 4-3-1-2 formation.

Will need help on the wings from Lucas and Allen to protect the fullbacks and offer cover.

Lol Ox is not better than Sterling man. No fuckin way.

jtb

Banned
Ox is a weird case. three seasons with the occasional flash of brilliance, a lot of time out of the side, and constantly being played out of position. wonder when (if?) he'll ever break through and become a consistent regular in the side.

he's definitely not better than Sterling right now. also Ox is shit in the middle, I hate that Wenger ever thought that was something even remotely resembling a good idea, especially with the huge logjam of number 10-type players we have.

subtles

PSN is my username as soon as im off work im playing all night. Come at me.

BTW Ox is better than Sterling. Sterling may be a better winger but Ox (at the moment Ox hasn't played on the wing as much) But Ox is a better overall player.

You're basing this on what exactly? I'm not going to say Sterling is better as I haven't watched enough of the Ox but I'm genuinely surprised at people who come to these 'definitive' conclusions.

Allen is good in a possession based system but when we play this hyper fast counter-attacking style his inability to pull the trigger when the opportunity presents is a real liability. Suarez Sterling Coutinho will probably be our front three with Allen Lucas Gerrard as the midfield. Probably Sterling, Cou and Suarez will all take turns coming centrally for the ball to orchestrate plays in a 4-3-1-2 formation.

Will need help on the wings from Lucas and Allen to protect the fullbacks and offer cover.

Lol Ox is not better than Sterling man. No fuckin way.

I remember Allen tearing us apart when he played for Swansea and was a bit surprised at how slow his game has been since he arrived here.

I went back and watched highlights of his time at Swansea and oddly enough he definitely seemed to be a more rapid player that was better suited to the game we play now.

GorillaJu

You're basing this on what exactly? I'm not going to say Sterling is better as I haven't watched enough of the Ox but I'm genuinely surprised at people who come to these 'definitive' conclusions.

I remember Allen tearing us apart when he played for Swansea and was a bit surprised at how slow his game has been since he arrived here.

I went back and watched highlights of his time at Swansea and oddly enough he definitely seemed to be a more rapid player that was better suited to the game we play now.

Yeah Rodgers used him as a No 10 for Swansea until they got Sigurdsson who had an exceptional half-season. Allen is a bit of an Iniesta type where he can be extremely good on the ball, but actual chances created come at a premium. I prefer Coutinho or Sterling in that position because they just never seem to run out of ideas.

We'll see what happens with Allen in the next few games though. He'll definitely have his chances to make his mark.

subtles

Yeah Rodgers used him as a No 10 for Swansea until they got Sigurdsson who had an exceptional half-season. Allen is a bit of an Iniesta type where he can be extremely good on the ball, but actual chances created come at a premium. I prefer Coutinho or Sterling in that position because they just never seem to run out of ideas.

We'll see what happens with Allen in the next few games though. He'll definitely have his chances to make his mark.

Yeah, definitely.

But I wasn't referring to his final third role, rather his ability to run very quickly with the ball from one half of the pitch to the other (from deeper positions theoretically). He also finds pockets of space better than Henderson.

He doesn't do much of that anymore and seems to have taken the Xavi moniker a bit too seriously. :lol

He always seems to play a more defensive role (compared to Henderson) when he comes on so I'm hoping Hendo's absence gives him license to roam a bit more.

GorillaJu

Interesting. Yeah Hendo has been ever present and Allen hasn't ever had a chance to nail down a spot since his injury. Looking forward to seeing what he can do, just wish it came at a more relaxed time of the season.

wedward

Ox is a weird case. three seasons with the occasional flash of brilliance, a lot of time out of the side, and constantly being played out of position. wonder when (if?) he'll ever break through and become a consistent regular in the side.

he's definitely not better than Sterling right now. also Ox is shit in the middle, I hate that Wenger ever thought that was something even remotely resembling a good idea, especially with the huge logjam of number 10-type players we have.

How many times has he played in the middle? Maybe 5. I wouldn't say he is constantly played out of position.

He doesn't really play as a number 10 when he is in the middle. I still think he has potential to play in the middle. It's where he played for Southampton. Just too raw and sloppy with the ball right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom