• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Ah.

Are you going somewhere or did you just fancy some Krispy Kremes.

Actually I was off to buy Easter eggs and shit.

I remember when Krispy Kremes first came out here they had this section of Harrods where they gave you a free one just for waiting in line.

bjaelke

dc

Where is your "You can't stop this train".gif

iJIvsJT.jpg

Actually I was off to buy Easter eggs and shit.

I remember when Krispy Kremes first came out here they had this section of Harrods where they gave you a free one just for waiting in line.
They still do that at the factory stores!

Nothing better than a fresh original glazed.

Zabojnik

Italian media going all out with the "Conte is leaving" mantra. Again.

Which, if you think about it, is ridiculous, since Conte left two years ago. Summer 2012, scudetto goes to Juve. Reppublica and other papers have the scoop: Conte is leaving for sure after the Supercup in Beijing, to be replaced by Prandelli. Summer 2013, another scudetto for Juve. Various news outlets, apparently unaware that Conte left the previous summer, come forth with yet another breaking story: the scudetto-winning manager is out, Mancini in. Spring 2014, Juve are in pole position for the third consecutive scudetto: Conte is going away for sure, he's fighting with Agnelli, ultimatums are flying left and right. Allegri is ready (but he's also going to Tottenham, so it remains to be seen if he'll be able to manage to clubs at the same time), as are Mancini (strange, since he's been managing Juve for the past year) and Spalletti. No Prandelli this time: after all, having already coached Juve two years ago, it would mean heating up the old soup and you can't have that.

In conslusion: Conte took over three years ago, has won two scudettos, is fighting for the third, but he's already left three times. Juventus are currently managed by Prandelli and Mancini, to which Allegri and Spalletti will soon be added, forming a formidable quadrumvirate. The good old Conte, meanwhile, has been coaching in Premier League for a couple of years and is likely to join Monaco this summer.

Hope this clears up any confusion.

Wilbur

Banned
Hmm

@guardian_sport: PFA player of the year shortlist: Gerrard, Hazard, Lallana, Sturridge, Suárez and Touré

Probably right. I'd probably have Terry on there over Hazard considering contributions over the entire season.

@TeleFootball: Young player of the year nominees: Hazard, Sterling, Barkley, Ramsey, Shaw and Sturridge

confuziz

Banned
Let's not go down this road. Is your confidence in PSV so low you now think they can't even beat Stoke? Dat Faber effect.

Not the confidence in PSV, but the confidence in the entire Eredivisie (maybe with the exception of ajax). Neither feyenoord, vitesse, twente or PSV are strong enough to beat Stoke.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Italian media going all out with the "Conte is leaving" mantra. Again.

Which, if you think about it, is ridiculous, since Conte left two years ago. Summer 2012, scudetto goes to Juve. Reppublica and other papers have the scoop: Conte is leaving for sure after the Supercup in Beijing, to be replaced by Prandelli. Summer 2013, another scudetto for Juve. Various news outlets, apparently unaware that Conte left the previous summer, come forth with yet another breaking story: the scudetto-winning manager is out, Mancini in. Spring 2014, Juve are in pole position for the third consecutive scudetto: Conte is going away for sure, he's fighting with Agnelli, ultimatums are flying left and right. Allegri is ready (but he's also going to Tottenham, so it remains to be seen if he'll be able to manage to clubs at the same time), as are Mancini (strange, since he's been managing Juve for the past year) and Spalletti. No Prandelli this time: after all, having already coached Juve two years ago, it would mean heating up the old soup and you can't have that.

In conslusion: Conte took over three years ago, has won two scudettos, is fighting for the third, but he's already left three times. Juventus are currently managed by Prandelli and Mancini, to which Allegri and Spalletti will soon be added, forming a formidable quadrumvirate. The good old Conte, meanwhile, has been coaching in Premier League for a couple of years and is likely to join Monaco this summer.

Hope this clears up any confusion.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Linius

Not the confidence in PSV, but the confidence in the entire Eredivisie (maybe with the exception of ajax). Neither feyenoord, vitesse, twente or PSV are strong enough to beat Stoke.

You think? It's that PSV is in form crisis but they have decent players. PSV should be capable of doing more than they're doing now.

Wilbur

Banned
I wonder how many seasons there's been with no United players on either shortlist

De Gea should have had a shout on the young player list but hard to say who you'd leave out.

confuziz

Banned
You think? It's that PSV is in form crisis but they have decent players. PSV should be capable of doing more than they're doing now.

Capable of more? We will go down against a team from Albania next year, if we even qualify for europe that is.

Shit is going down, no guaranteed CL spot in a few years.

Linius

Capable of more? We will go down against a team from Albania next year, if we even qualify for europe that is.

Shit is going down, no guaranteed CL spot in a few years.

Well maybe get a coach with some impact on the group. This is a group with enough talent but they're just a bunch of egotastic cunts.

But you don't believe in managers.

Yen

Ox is a weird case. three seasons with the occasional flash of brilliance, a lot of time out of the side, and constantly being played out of position. wonder when (if?) he'll ever break through and become a consistent regular in the side.

he's definitely not better than Sterling right now. also Ox is shit in the middle, I hate that Wenger ever thought that was something even remotely resembling a good idea, especially with the huge logjam of number 10-type players we have.
Rodgers said his Swansea team was a team of converted wingers, since they had the best technical ability. I imagine Wenger has the same in mind considering the Ox's physical quality.

(and the same will be said for Jordon Ibe, he's currently playing CM for Birmingham)

confuziz

Banned
Well maybe get a coach with some impact on the group. This is a group with enough talent but they're just a bunch of egotastic cunts.

But you don't believe in managers.

I don't think there is enough talent. Only Depay and Arias are capable of more than this (I think Arias will move to a big club this summer). The rest of the squad is just good enough for a team like AZ.

Linius

I don't think there is enough talent. Only Depay and Arias are capable of more than this (I think Arias will move to a big club this summer). The rest of the squad is just good enough for a team like AZ.

Then I guess we should go ahead and claim another record next year #fivetitlesinarow

So running with the, no European football and Moyes is gone theory...

I now want a draw against Everton. If Arsenal finish 4th, then the extra Europa League place goes to Hull. So we need Arsenal to finish 4th and so the more points Everton drop the better.

However, we don't want to finish 6th. So we don't want to take all 3 points against Everton. Hopefully Southampton also beat us and Spurs can manage to get a couple of results.

YES!

Scum

It's happening Scum bb.

Van Gaal to United.

Allegri to Spurs.

#everythinginitsrightplace

Someone quote my avatar.

So running with the, no European football and Moyes is gone theory...

I now want a draw against Everton. If Arsenal finish 4th, then the extra Europa League place goes to Hull. So we need Arsenal to finish 4th and so the more points Everton drop the better.

However, we don't want to finish 6th. So we don't want to take all 3 points against Everton. Hopefully Southampton also beat us and Spurs can manage to get a couple of results.

YES!
Someone quote my avatar.

Wilbur

Banned
Quite a few players missed out.

De Gea, J-Rod, Terry, Aguero are all big omissions as well as Hendo. You've got finite space, innit.

Shortlist is fine really, no glaring omissions.

If Aguero had stayed fit he'd probably be there, and City would probably be clear at the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom