• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

Good haul today.

Two pairs of Levi 511s and a Ralph Lauren t-shirt all on a company gift card. yeeeessss

Have left over dominos in the fridge and Mad Men to watch.

Sublime Easter Friday.

Marc

I can't stop listening to the new Todd Terje. It's legitimate physical challenge stopping myself from dancing whenever I have it on.

Been watching Archer, finally get where your avatar is from. Awesome show. :)

Coleman missing a bit of time due to injury in the past month or two won't help him on these lists but he's a worthy candidate. He had that run of scoring every other game for a month or two that was really impressive. With that being said, Zabaleta has been very good this year -- I thought he was incredible in that game versus Sunderland.. shame so many players weren't. -____-

He has been great at defending as well generally, and even when not scoring has done some amazing things. Against Arsenal he was boss, that little drag back he did was great to see.

Zabs has been very good, as usual, consistently dependable but just not reaching the same heights as Coleman for me this season.

Hixx

I can't stop listening to the new Todd Terje. It's legitimate physical challenge stopping myself from dancing whenever I have it on.

Proper hit and miss.

When he strays from the disco or house tracks it goes flat as a fart.

Some of the best tracks are stuff he released 2 years ago...

GorillaJu

Proper hit and miss.

When he strays from the disco or house tracks it goes flat as a fart.

Some of the best tracks are stuff he released 2 years ago...

There are a good 5 or 6 excellent tracks though. Yeah Inspector Norse and Strandbar are probably the best ones, but its still a very good album overall.

Been watching Archer, finally get where your avatar is from. Awesome show. :)

MY MAN

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
We all laugh at Arsenal but:
tottenham.jpg

Christ on a bike. 7 players who have missed at least a third of the season, 4 of those missing almost half. Key players like Walker and Dembele have missed almost a fifth. Crazy.

Meier

How did Flanagan get into Team of the Week when we conceded twice and he couldn't get to grips with James fucking Milner? Fair enough he kept Navas quiet as a mouse until he came off, but still.

Wouldn't have Gerrard in it either tbh, he couldn't keep a lid on Silva at all after the 35 minute mark. And Stockdale was better than Marshall from the few highlights I saw, seemed like Southampton were just toying with their food while Norwich were actually trying to score.

Is it even an official thing actually? If not, what a waste of time this post was :p

A guy on Reddit does it every week based off Garth Crooks' team. Garth Crooks is pretty much an idiot. :p

Meier

Christ on a bike. 7 players who have missed at least a third of the season, 4 of those missing almost half. Key players like Walker and Dembele have missed almost a fifth. Crazy.

Here is City's from that site:

I'm a little surprised Rodwell isn't higher. Must have been 60-70% last season. I guess he's just not made the bench for many weeks this year.

John Dunbar

correct about everything

why is dembele the only person on the list to have his number next to his name? is that actually his name, moussa the 19th?

Yen

Garth Crooks is fucking hilarious. His bit on Richard Littlejohn years ago
KuGsj.gif

"If you're a white man from Connecticut and you try that nonsense, they'll kill you!"

Garth Crooks's Team of the Week, 1st Dec 2013:
FORWARD - WAYNE ROONEY (Man Utd)
I was speaking to my uncle Ben on Saturday and said that Aaron Ramsey was almost certain to be the unanimous choice for footballer of the year. He took the glass of champagne out of my hand and said: 'You mean Wayne Rooney, don't you?' I told him that he had made a very good point and promptly went home.

K1LLER7

James Robson ‏@JamesRobsonMEN 1h

"Moyes also reveals he's well underway with plans for next season & would like to do business before World Cup #mufc"

L1NETT

Lol Eddie Howe

Get stuffed mate

Wolves-Rotherham sounded a cracker

Means nowt though

--

Congrats Brentford!

GL in the champ

Find out at 7.30, LIVE on Sky Sports as Steve Mclaren's derby continue their promotion push with a trip to Doncaster

Kid's been doing well

Good good, we'll leave him on loan there then :p

That was a pretty good impression of a Sky Sports promo btw ;)

Should've said 'struggling Doncaster' for extra oomph though

Burnley are getting relegated next season.

L1NETT

Sorry Linius :( It's just so......lifeless in parts

Not bad by any stretch, but not setting my world on fire!

Much better stuff than dat coming out! :/

--

Edit: I'm so dumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom