• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hixx

I wonder if Natalie Sawyer gets to many away games
ix5hNAArIgXiW.png

Sane_Man

@nikpostinger: Yaya Touré has told the BBC he feels he has to fight harder for recognition like all African footballers. He specifically says it's racism.

@nikpostinger: Yaya Touré—"Eto'o…Drogba…Those players are more than legends for me. They're not recognised enough. You can say that it's about skin colour"

@nikpostinger: Yaya Touré to the BBC—"To be honest I haven't gotten enough recognition this season…When you look at my statistics they're quite incredible"

People haven't shut up all season about how awesome Yaya is. What a nutter.

People haven't shut up all season about how awesome Yaya is. What a nutter.

Christ. Drogba is very, very highly regarded by all fans and media in the entire country. There are debates about his goal return in his first 2 or so seasons with Chelsea, but everyone knows he was fucking brilliant, and we still talk about how good he was.

Eto'o played abroad for his entire career, and has only moved here post-decline. And his past record is still very highly regarded.

Then we move on to the point that if anything, Toure himself is rated more highly than he should be, and his weaknesses are nearly completely ignored by the press and average fan.

Christ. Drogba is very, very highly regarded by all fans and media in the entire country. There are debates about his goal return in his first 2 or so seasons with Chelsea, but everyone knows he was fucking brilliant, and we still talk about how good he was.

Eto'o played abroad for his entire career, and has only moved here post-decline. And his past record is still very highly regarded.

Then we move on to the point that if anything, Toure himself is rated more highly than he should be, and his weaknesses are nearly completely ignored by the press and average fan.

One of the GOAT strikers for me. He's TERRIFYING when he has the ball.

Arnie

NO ALLEGRI NO PARTY

Shame it's all jokes, Usho. I'd have loved to see Sherwood's era roll over into a confused Allegri spluttering broken English.

Just had an hour long nap because I could. Fully clothed. Thank you Jesus for not lying down.

L1NETT

Sorry buddy, but that last play-off spot will be ours !
I'm still afraid we might not be able to win against Watford tomorrow though.

I don't care haha!

Hope big Mick gets back in the prem myself

-

Fucking mint goal that. Still doghit though Kightly

Blackpool don't look at all bothered about playing football today.

They've been declining steadily throughout the whole season

Relegation bound I reckon.

King_Moc

Banned
Wow, someone tried to fight me and my brother at Wycombe v Northampton Town today! We're Northampton fans and this drunk idiot was behind us pushing us over and over. Then he started slapping my brother after the final whistle. We smacked the fuck out of him and left o_O

Crazy times. Was like the eighties, lol.

Didn't help that those Wycombe cunts oversold the tickets and we all had to stand in the aisle. 2200 away support in league two though, impressive.

L1NETT

Anyone want the 75% off FM14 coupon thingy on steam? Got two

Don't use steam often, assume I need your steam name to give it to yous.

--

Crickey Moc, drunk mugs are always the worst

FootGAF I´m seriously thinking about throwing 20€ at Atlético´s defeat against Elche.

Fuck it we can still win La Liga if we lose and Elche´s victory is paying 18/1. But I don´t wanna feel dirty...

HALP!

Wilbur

Banned
FootGAF I´m seriously thinking about throwing 20€ at Atléticos defeat against Elche.

Fuck it we can still win La Liga if we lose and Elche´s victory is paying 18/1. But I don´t wanna feel dirty...

HALP!

You think you're going to lose 1-0 at home to Elche?

PRINNY BABY. CALMA CALMA.

Kikarian

Wow, someone tried to fight me and my brother at Wycombe v Northampton Town today! We're Northampton fans and this drunk idiot was behind us pushing us over and over. Then he started slapping my brother after the final whistle. We smacked the fuck out of him and left o_O

Crazy times. Was like the eighties, lol.

Didn't help that those Wycombe cunts oversold the tickets and we all had to stand in the aisle. 2200 away support in league two though, impressive.
Did ya stand ya ground

GQman2121

Banned
The Toure piece on BBC is more about recognition in Europe for African players. Not just the UK.

But I still think it's a moot point. Everyone who follows the sport knows that there are three players at City that you can consider as #1 on their roster. Who gives a shit what casuals think?

L1NETT

Arnie you aren't gonna be watching Big Andre do his thing?

Will Hughes, Andre Wisdom, Patrick Bamford. Derby good side to watch :)

--

Nobody for these FM 75% off? No idea why I got them..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom