• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arnie you aren't gonna be watching Big Andre do his thing?

Will Hughes, Andre Wisdom, Patrick Bamford. Derby good side to watch :)

--

Nobody for these FM 75% off? No idea why I got them..

Think most people in here already have FM by now bro

Try the give away thread on gaming side, someone might want them there

King_Moc

Banned
They're even going to bother opening the North Stand next season when we play because of poor attendance.

Coventry at Sixfields? That seems so counter productive. People need to support their team. It's not a great situation for the club, but I don't see a better solution.

L1NETT

Think most people in here already have FM by now bro

Try the give away thread on gaming side, someone might want them there

Don't like going in that cess pit too regularly.

Camden Market it is

--

Peter Moores new England Cricket coach

Fucking A, next decade we are gonna be shite again

Arnie

Arnie you aren't gonna be watching Big Andre do his thing?

Will Hughes, Andre Wisdom, Patrick Bamford. Derby good side to watch :)

--

Nobody for these FM 75% off? No idea why I got them..
Will flick between both, but the similarities between Atletico's season and ours has me drawn to that match.

Coventry at Sixfields? That seems so counter productive. People need to support their team. It's not a great situation for the club, but I don't see a better solution.

Apparently we have earmarked two sites as possible locations for a new 12,000 seater stadium however they won't say where they are and freedom of information requests are being ignored. Even if a site is chosen it'll take months of pre-planning and obtaining planning permission before they even start building. We've got a 3 year contract at Sixfields with the option of two 1 year renewals. We'll be here a while.

I've been a season ticket holder for the past two seasons and moved down south for university in September so I wasn't going to be going to matches regardless of location. I'm one of majority that do not condemn fans who want to go to matches and I more than understand the frustration of fans who are choosing not to go.

3Sixty

Hope Chelsea let Bamford go in the summer.

Not to be a football hipster but I was there when he smashed 4 past Saints Under 18's for Forrest.

L1NETT

Where is the worst that stadium could be though Fortune?

Rugby way?

Sooner those plans move forward the better surely?

(three questions ah)

--

NEARLY A TUFFERS DUFFERS lol

King_Moc

Banned
Apparently we have earmarked two sites as possible locations for a new 12,000 seater stadium however they won't say where they are and freedom of information requests are being ignored. Even if a site is chosen it'll take months of pre-planning and obtaining planning permission before they even start building. We've got a 3 year contract at Sixfields with the option of two 1 year renewals. We'll be here a while.

I've been a season ticket holder for the past two seasons and moved down south for university in September so I wasn't going to be going to matches regardless of location. I'm one of majority that do not condemn fans who want to go to matches and I more than understand the frustration of fans who are choosing not to go.

Well, I wish you guys the best of luck regardless. And if it's any consolation, you're still in a better position than us!

C'mon Derby

Decent lineup on Sunday

Norwich-Liverpool, massive pressure on us and Norwich, Norwich have to fight like they've never fought against us before. Theoretically, a solid win for us, but fuck knows, especially with Sturridge (probably) and Henderson out, since Henderson has been an ever-present, and with Sturrudge in the team it feels like we can outscore anyone.

Hull-Arsenal, Hull are pretty much safe, but you never know when this Hull team will pull a good performance out of the bag. Arsenal have to win, and being an away match, it won't be easy for them, and they may not get away with starting as slowly as they have done in the last few games

Everton-Man Utd, Everton have to win to save the fuckup they made against Palace, and even then it would only be saved if Arsenal drop points as well. Man Utd have to win for Moyes to stand a chance of keeping his job, and they must be fucking tired of people going on about them going for Moyes while Martinez has been an upgrae over him

danwarb

485458843-brendan-rodgers-manager-of-liverpool-talks-gettyimages.jpg

Where is the worst that stadium could be though Fortune?

Rugby way?

Sooner those plans move forward the better surely?

(three questions ah)

There was a forum at the end of March which is what I based the summary on http://www.skybluetrust.co.uk/attachments/article/365/31.03.14%20Stadium%20Forum%20Minutes.pdf. They said one of the sites is in the North (Bradford, Glasgow, etc..) and one I the south (Brighton, Paris, Capetown, etc...). Northampton was further out than people expected the groundshare to be but I can not imagine them building a stadium further out than that.

Yes, you would think that the sooner the plans were brought forward the better but logic and SISU do not seem to go together.

Elchele

How much would Koke realistically cost?

Does he have a clause?

€60M

all players in La Liga are required to have one. They raised it because Manchester United wanted to pay the old release clause, but neither the player or the club were interested in the transfer.

L1NETT

Didn't Ricky Ravenhill score today

first time for everything innit? And you have Duuuuuuuuuuuuuke

--

Come on city smash these Peterboro knobs

Arnie

€60M

all players in La Liga are required to have one. They raised it because Manchester United wanted to pay the old release clause, but neither the player or the club were interested in the transfer.

£50m?

Christ, nobody's paying that.

Let's negotiate, Atleti. £30 million is a nice round figure.

pulga

Banned
Diego Costa is a weird specimen.

2ptdBF2.png

He's basically done fuck all in his career, it's only this season at (allegedly) 25 years old when he's blown up. Would wait to see him next season before placing him among the current greats.

negrito pls, you atleast 28

That gif Prinny posted above is one of the best ever. I could watch that on loop for hours.

It's the eyebrows that do it

Diego Costa is a weird specimen.

2ptdBF2.png

He's basically done fuck all in his career, it's only this season at (allegedly) 25 years old when he's blown up. Would wait to see him next season before placing him among the current greats.

He was great last season as well, admitteddly without sich a good goal rate as he was playing as a right wing-forward iirc

It happens sometimes, especially with strikers

Wilbur

Banned
Costa's still young and has been moved around a lot, as well as playing second fiddle to the likes of Aguero and Falcao. He does look particularly good in a team that suits his play style so much though.

pulga

Banned
is there any way of getting Costa pictures when he was Braga or such? Genuinely wanna see how he looks "young"

Arnie

It's no surprise that Costa's abilities improved exponentially after he was briefly touched by Brendan last summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom