• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoufu

I've seen too many classic movies that I can't name the best one of all time, but I will say that Blade Runner is among the greatest.

Wilbur

Banned
No mate Richard Brannagh BBC/HBO co production

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conspiracy_(2001_film)

Seriously the best thing i've seen in years.

Thank you DAT gaffer.

fankoodatgaffer

Do they speak in plummy English accents though? It annoys me when they do things like that. Like Valkyrie when Tom Cruise the notorious Hitler killer is American :(

It went downhill after the intro.

That's only because it was so fucking amazing. But true. Still, Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown and Reservoir Dogs are also brilliant, so I wouldn't say my opinion stays the same.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
You're all nuts, The Good, The Bad and The Ugly is the GOAT.

Pulp Fiction is great, but Inglourious Basterds is better. Only marginally though, wouldn't cry if someone disagreed. Saving Private Ryan is pretty good though I've cooled on it in recent years.

My favourite movie is The Shining

I love Inglorious Basterds. The opening scene, when it is all in French, and the tension just grows and grows and grows. Just amazing.

But, Pulp Fiction is still my favorite film.

EDIT: Guys, seriously...the knock-off kit site?

jtb

Banned
Pulp Fiction is the best film ever you heathens.

Saving Private Ryan is the best Spielberg film as well, just edges out Schindler's List. The last 30-45 mins are so powerful I genuinely find it hard to watch.

fuck yeah. Pulp fiction is by far my favorite film evar... can't wait for Django Unchained. The only director working that gets me pumped like Tarantino is Fincher. <3 Zodiac, Fight Club, Social Network, etc. etc.

that said, I'm not a fan of Saving Private Ryan. It's just so heavy handed with the cutout characters and blatant patriotism... ugh, it just screamed "Spielberg doing a war movie." Which is fine, it's just a bit too sentimental for me.

Hixx

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOGMOGMOMGOMGOMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pulp Fiction is my absolute favorite film.

brofist.jpg

Pulp Fiction is great, but Inglourious Basterds is better. Only marginally though, wouldn't cry if someone disagreed. Saving Private Ryan is pretty good though I've cooled on it in recent years.

My favourite movie is The Shining

Inglourious Basterds is good but Pulp Fiction is just pure class from beginning to end. IB has too many lulls. The beginning is great and the ending is as well but the middle... completely indifferent.

that said, I'm not a fan of Saving Private Ryan. It's just so heavy handed with the cutout characters and blatant patriotism... ugh, it just screamed "Spielberg doing a war movie." Which is fine, it's just a bit too sentimental for me.

I can understand that. But I spent so much of my youth with my Grandad educating me about the war that I have a real love for war films and Saving Private Ryan came out around the time that I began to take a real interest in learning about WW2... right place right time, I suppose.

Wilbur

Banned
You're all nuts, The Good, The Bad and The Ugly is the GOAT.

I still haven't seen this! Got the trilogy on Blu Ray though. Once Upon A Time In The West isin my top 10 though for sure...

I had to do a top 10 for the uni newspaper recently, gonna go find it.

Inglourious Basterds is good but Pulp Fiction is just pure class from beginning to end. IB has too many lulls. The beginning is great and the ending is as well but the middle... completely indifferent.

NO WAY dat Fass scene is awesome

I think 'Saving Private Ryan' may be one of the most overrated films I've seen. 'Schindler's List' is his masterpiece, but even then the heavy-handed, schmaltzy tugging of the heart strings puts me off. Come at me Spielberg-GAF.

'Blade Runner', '12 Angry Men', 'The Godfather pt. 1', 'The Good, the Bad & the Ugly' and 'Unforgiven' are my all-time favourites.

jtb

Banned
I still haven't seen this! Got the trilogy on Blu Ray though. Once Upon A Time In The West isin my top 10 though for sure...

It pains me to say it because I fucking love Brad Pitt, but Brad Pitt and just about everything to do with him, save the last scene, was the worst thing about the movie. And I forget, is it Fassbender who
gets his balls shot off? Or is that the nazi?

Wilbur

Banned
The Shining, The Godfather, The Assassination Of Jesse James, Once Upon A Time In The West, 12 Angry Men, The King Of Comedy, One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, No Direction Home, Seven Samurai, Singing In The Rain

Hixx

Aye, you're right. But like I said, too little great surrounded by... I don't want to say mediocrity coz that's a bit harsh, but yeah...

Facism

I guess I could google it, but when's the title-deciding turkish derby between Galatasaray and Fenerbahce taking place? Should be amazing.

5pm bst this Saturday.

going to be a painful match to watch. Fener's home fans are going to terrible and embarrass everyone, expecting at least 4 red cards.

Hoping Alex is fit. Galatasaray hasn't won at fenerbahce for 10 years.

Fur_Q

fankoodatgaffer

Do they speak in plummy English accents though? It annoys me when they do things like that. Like Valkyrie when Tom Cruise the notorious Hitler killer is American :(

Just watch it. Its worth your time. It's in one room for over an hour and its harrowing.

flyover

If pressed, I'd say my favorite movie is probably The Philadelphia Story.

220px-The-Philadelphia-Story-(1940).jpg

That or Big Trouble in Little China. They're pretty much the same movie though.

Wilbur

Banned
Just watch it. Its worth your time. It's in one room for over an hour and its harrowing.

Will do, cheers!

If pressed, I'd say my favorite movie is probably The Philadelphia Story.

[IG]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/5/54/The-Philadelphia-Story-(1940).jpg/220px-The-Philadelphia-Story-(1940).jpg[/IMG]

That or Big Trouble in Little China. They're pretty much the same movie though.

Haven't seen Philadelphia Story but Big Trouble is great

spidye

what the hell bayern?
I turned my tv on and what do I constantly see? 3 different ads with müller, two different ones with schweini and one ad with neuer. I switched my channel and what do I see now? an ad from bwin with the whole bayern team. yes, even daniel van buyten.
I always love to see more of the bayern players but only on the pitch, please.
I wish they would concentrate their efforts more on football.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
To me, the best achievement I have ever witnessed in football, was Arsenal's Invincibles. To think that by next Sunday, we're going to achieve the same feat fills me with joy.

Atalanta at home is our last game. And for once, I won't mind if it ends in a draw :p

Clegg

what the hell bayern?
I turned my tv on and what do I constantly see? 3 different ads with müller, two different ones with schweini and one ad with neuer. I switched my channel and what do I see now? an ad from bwin with the whole bayern team. yes, even daniel van buyten.

To me, the best achievement I have ever witnessed in football, was Arsenal's Invincibles. To think that by next Sunday, we're going to achieve the same feat fills me with joy.

Atalanta at home is our last game. And for once, I won't mind if it ends in a draw :p

Sorry guys.

This isn't the football thread anymore.

Wilbur

Banned

Unbeaten season nowadays is fucking incredible

what the hell bayern?

And add the one with Bully Herbig, Schweini, Lahm and fucking Nerlinger, whatever ad that is. Bunch of money whores :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom