• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxx

It's amazing that we have managed almost six pages without any meaningful football action.

(Blackpool/Birmingham is dull)

Clegg

Thats the problem with surveys. It always depends on the people you interview and their natural bias.

They probably interviewed Tottenham fans or something.

Yen

Apparently Frimpong posted a picture of a man having been brutally murdered (4chan-esque) on his twitter. Twat.
Edit: I say "apparently", I don't want to open the link.

Thats the problem with surveys. It always depends on the people you interview and their natural bias.

They probably interviewed Tottenham fans or something.
I just don't see how it can be correct. They've taken a small survey with some crazy results and upscaled it. If you assume Chelsea only had 40k fans in 2003 (their stadium capacity), and then that in 3 years their fan-base rose 10x. The survey is suggesting in 3 years they gained 360,000 fans in England alone who were happy to admit that only 3 years previously, they didn't support a team.

Not possible.

spidye

can we talk about football again, please because food talk makes me really hungry

I'll start
545866_350243591703348_244550715605970_944462_1199302061_n.jpg

please send cologne to the 2. league, based gomez

Clegg

I just don't see how it can be correct. They've taken a small survey with some crazy results and upscaled it. If you assume Chelsea only had 40k fans in 2003 (their stadium capacity), and then that in 3 years their fan-base rose 10x. The survey is suggesting in 3 years they gained 360,000 fans in England alone who were happy to admit that only 3 years previously, they didn't support a team.

Not possible.

Exactly, I don't believe this survey for a second.

It's still a good laugh though.

Apparently Frimpong posted a picture of a man having been brutally murdered (4chan-esque) on his twitter. Twat.
Edit: I say "apparently", I don't want to open the link.

A guy naked on the ground, skull open from one end to the other, with brain and stuff floating out... Nice on Frimpong.

:lol No way can that be true.

Success breeds fans. Although the 90% might be an exaggeration.

I started supported Man U after watching a replay of the 99 CL final (although at that time I had no idea how successful they actually were). But if Man U had lost that match, I would have probably never become a supporter or started following the EPL (as opposed to just catching random games on ESPN/Star)

Salvadora

Success breeds fans. Although the 90% might be an exaggeration.

I started supported Man U after watching a replay of the 99 CL final (although at that time I had no idea how successful they actually were). But if Man U had lost that match, I would have probably never become a supporter or started following the EPL (as opposed to just catching random games on ESPN/Star)

I think people will see this with Man City in the future as well.

Carbonox

At this rate Blackpool and West Ham are in the driving seat for play off final? Could that sound any more depressing than it already is?

At this rate Blackpool and West Ham are in the driving seat for play off final? Could that sound any more depressing than it already is?

Blackpool all the way, only to see Holloway on MOTD again!

Hughton can do whatever the fuck he wants, but Birmingham...oh I hope they get buried in the Blue Square North.

I know you're a Villa fan but man, you really don't like Birmingham do you? :lol
I can fight that fight with you though, I feel nothing for Birmingham outside of wanting Hughton to do well.

Awesome is so angry. I can feel the hate.

:(

Fuck them. And fuck Alex McLeish.

According to "Spanish media" (no link yet) we're interested in Bojan from Roma (with Barca still having a stake in him) for 18m. Not sure what to think about it :/

Oh and Bayern & Wolfsburg supposedly looking at Bologna's Gastón Ramírez for their left wing.
http://www.transfermarkt.de/de/bund...na-angreifer-ramirez/news/anzeigen_89623.html

18m for Bojan...too high.

I'm still a pretty new football fan and Villa fan. But last season when they rushed the field after they drew us like they just won the fucking Champions League? Pathetic, and they can all go to hell. Bunch of clowns.

Carbonox

Blackpool all the way, only to see Holloway on MOTD again!

Eh I wouldn't mind seeing him return but I'm siding with Hughton and co this time. But then I really don't care I guess seeing as the real horror would be if West Ham go up. Reading was bad enough.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Arturo Vidal: Has made 172 tackles in league games this season - the most in Europe's top 5 leagues and 14 more than any other player.

18m for Bojan...too high.
Yeah. It's probably due to a weird contract which also extends till 2016.
Giving up Kagawa and having to pay extra to supplement him with Bojan seems like a bad deal, but I still think he's ok and Klopp can probably get him in proper shape & squeeze the last bit of talent out of him.

Eh I wouldn't mind seeing him return but I'm siding with Hughton and co this time. But then I really don't care I guess seeing as the real horror would be if West Ham go up. Reading was bad enough.

Well my thinking is Blackpool win the playoffs. We get Holloway back. Then West Brom offer Hughton the job. We get Hughton back.

Everyone is a winner!

Except for West Ham. Fuck West Ham.

Red Issue (United fanzine with alot of inside info) say Tom Cleverley had a big bust up with Fergie over his omission from the squad on Monday night. Also that Rooney was very angry with the tactics.

Wonder what the details are, you have to pay to sign up to their forum though.

Salvadora

Red Issue (United fanzine with alot of inside info) say Tom Cleverley had a big bust up with Fergie over his omission from the squad on Monday night. Also that Rooney was very angry with the tactics.

Another Rooney tantrum incoming.

Yeah. It's probably due to a weird contract which also extends till 2016.
Giving up Kagawa and having to pay extra to supplement him with Bojan seems like a bad deal, but I still think he's ok and Klopp can probably get him in proper shape & squeeze the last bit of talent out of him.
Don't know, I'd much rather have Guidetti or someone for that kind of money. Bojan will be back at Barca after the first good season, if he'll have one.

can we talk about football again, please because food talk makes me really hungry

I'll start
545866_350243591703348_244550715605970_944462_1199302061_n.jpg

please send cologne to the 2. league, based gomez

Gomez can score 10 goals and Köln won't go down tomorrow, just because Hertha is fucking shit.

Ruh roh.

spidye

Don't know, I'd much rather have Guidetti or someone for that kind of money. Bojan will be back at Barca after the first good season, if he'll have one.

Gomez can score 10 goals and Köln won't go down tomorrow, just because Hertha is fucking shit.

a part of me actually wants hertha to relegate just because of the biggest douchebag in the bundesliga preetz. I blame him for hertha's demise.

Hahaha, Kicker is awesome. They have this poster in the next or the current issue:

Front side:
gCyFEl.jpg

Back side:
XlsoSl.jpg

Look at Schweinsteiger, didn't know BVB winning the league made him so happy.

My mum just emailed me a scan of a photo of me from when rovers got promoted at wembeley in 1991

Made me sad how jacks hard work is being undone

http://t.co/cYaZOB5Q

Monday really feels like the end of an era for me

Hmm can't embed it on my phone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom