• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.
It says "Change Kit". Whatever that means. Hopefully it is our away kit when we aren't playing teams with red.

Just went to the shop online...our current away kit is listed as 'change kit' on there so it looks like the red one is away :)

Pretty cool, I'm sure our original colours were red and black!

Clegg

Awesome! Dat Kyoufu!

Edit: Clegg pipped me to a Europa spot on goal dif :(

tumblr_lnzb9eXMZl1qaarijo1_500.gif

Salvadora

Used to be, but they cracked down a bit. I still look on there because a lot of people have similar movie taste, but the football talk and off topic in general is non existant.

This is the only forum I use. I haven't found one that is even remotely as good.

Wilbur

Banned
This is the only forum I use. I haven't found one that is even remotely as good.

Yeah, same. Football's the thing I'm most passionate about, so I'm glad I found this place. I never go into Gaming side, actually came here for the OT instead of just staying for it haha.

I was beaten by a man that posts Tumblr gifs? Now it really hurts ;)

Anyway, did I mention I saw the Avengers tonight? Great film, made me want to have sex with Scarlett Johannson even more than I did anyway. The mark of a good film that is.

Clegg

Guardian journalist Jamie Jackson:

Kagawas agent has stated that United are "an option" for the Dortmund midfielder.

Fuck, I think he'll end up in Italy. Shinji plz.

Oh and Gaitan "would like to play for Manchester United."

Wilbur

Banned
I was beaten by a man that posts Tumblr gifs? Now it really hurts ;)

Anyway, did I mention I saw the Avengers tonight? Great film, made me want to have sex with Scarlett Johannson even more than I did anyway. The mark of a good film that is.

That's a lie, because Match Point made me want to poke her into oblivion, but it was shite.

But yeah was good fun. Hulk was boss.

Any football on tomorrow apart from FA cup final?

Carbonox

Didier Drogba on The Graham Norton Show. First time I've ever seen a footballer on the show. He's very reserved but seems a decent bloke. They were talking about his awesome contributions to charity, especially in the Ivory Coast.

Salvadora

Didier Drogba on The Graham Norton Show. First time I've ever seen a footballer on the show. He's very reserved but seems a decent bloke. They were talking about his awesome contributions to charity, especially in the Ivory Coast.

It's going to be sad when he leaves this summer, End of an era really.

Hixx

Yes it would :D

Since I don't expect a win on Sunday then it'd keep us in the race for CL.

And I can see RVP raging if you didn't get 3 points tomorrow.

I think you need to check the table. If you lose on sunday, Arsenal's result is irrelevant when it comes to you finishing above them.

Kyoufu

I think you need to check the table. If you lose on sunday, Arsenal's result is irrelevant when it comes to you finishing above them.

Not if they draw or lose their final game and we beat Everton.

They're only 1 point ahead of us right now.

There's funny thing happening in the Eredevisie now. UEFA has given an extra Europa League ticket for the Respect Fair Play Ranking. Currently, Heerenveen has the highest fair play ranking followed by Twente, Ajax and fourth is Excelsior.

This is the Eredevisie Table with only one match to go:

1. Ajax 33 73 90-35
2. Feyenrd 33 67 67-35
3. PSV 33 66 84-46
4. H'veen 33 64 77-56
5. AZ 33 62 63-35
6. Twente 33 60 80-42
7. Vitesse 33 53 47-40
16. Venlo 33 28 38-76
17. Graafschap 33 21 31-71
18. Excelsior 33 19 27-73

If the winner of the Fair Play ticket already has reached European football, then the next on the ranking gets it and so on. So if Heerenveen, Ajax and Twente all get through the play-offs, Excelsior will get the ticket and automatically reach the qualification round. And Excelsior will most likely be relegated by then.

Carbonox

There's funny thing happening in the Eredevisie now. UEFA has given an extra Europa League ticket for the Respect Fair Play Ranking. Currently, Heerenveen has the highest fair play ranking followed by Twente, Ajax and fourth is Excelsior.

This is the Eredevisie Table with only one match to go:

1. Ajax 33 73 90-35
2. Feyenrd 33 67 67-35
3. PSV 33 66 84-46
4. H'veen 33 64 77-56
5. AZ 33 62 63-35
6. Twente 33 60 80-42
7. Vitesse 33 53 47-40
16. Venlo 33 28 38-76
17. Graafschap 33 21 31-71
18. Excelsior 33 19 27-73

If the winner of the Fair Play ticket already has reached European football, then the next on the ranking gets it and so on. So if Heerenveen, Ajax and Twente all get through the play-offs, Excelsior will get the ticket and automatically reach the qualification round. And Excelsior will most likely be relegated by then.

So they'll do a Birmingham and play in Europe despite being in the second tier of their respective nation's footballing ladder?

I love it when that happens.

Messi

Sure it been mentioned but kitbag has new Liverpool kit up for preorder for launch on June 1st. No pics yet

So they'll do a Birmingham and play in Europe despite being in the second tier of their respective nation's footballing ladder?

I love it when that happens.
Exactly. I was at an Excelsior match a few weeks back and I must say all the supporters are very laid back and down to earth. Would be amazing for the supporters to see their team play European matches, even though they won't be capable of actually winning those games.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Would be great if Arsenal dropped points but very very unlikely. :(

Arsenal lost their last home game of last season. 2-1 defeat to Villa. I doubt they will lose tomorrow but if they draw they are in the shit with that horrible final game at West Brom.

Lightning

Banned
Arsenal lost their last home game of last season. 2-1 defeat to Villa. I doubt they will lose tomorrow but if they draw they are in the shit with that horrible final game at West Brom.
It will take a huge improvement from Norwich to stop us taking 3 points tonight. West Brom will be hard but even if we win tonight we will likely still need to beat West Brom next week.

Hard to see Spurs dropping anymore points.

I think West Brom will be relatively easy since they have nothing to play for and Woy is leaving anyway. The players won't care about the result methinks.
If only it worked that way. I can see West Brom players putting in extra effort to see Hodgson off with a bang at our expense!

Kyoufu

I think West Brom will be relatively easy since they have nothing to play for and Woy is leaving anyway. The players won't care about the result methinks.

Yes just finished season 2 and would do nasty nasty things to Alisha, great show.
Word. I'm currently in season three, started last week. Amazing show. Too bad the other female in the gang, Kelly, is such a fat slut. She's absolutely revolting if you ask me.

Messi

Word. I'm currently in season three, started last week. Amazing show. Too bad the other female in the gang, Kelly, is such a fat slut. She's absolutely revolting if you ask me.

Season 3 still good? I don't mind Kelly but Alisha omg.

Edit: when picking custom print for the new pool kit Merieles is still listed :/

I wish you guys would trust me on Warrior's quality. Actually I have a sick training pullover made by them that I wear almost daily. Pics to come.

Noirulus

Kyoufu 963
Wilbury 673
WoodenLung 479
Salvadora 454
dc89 421
Clegg 389
Willkiller 389
Yurt 325
offshore 324
Carbonox_Ratchet 320
Salazar 319
Spanish Wrath 301
elsk 296
K1LLER7 266
HixxSAFC 264
Awesome Animals 259
Vivalaraza 255
Gareth Bale 250
Lightning 250
Oxx 238
PantyPhantom 229
Regulus Tera 223
LegoArmo 213
Jeff Albertson 212
Sloosha 209
Meier 199
odd_morsel 195
Fry8 182
Choc 178
Anastacio 176
rodvik 174
Messi 169
Blablurn 169
Zabojnik 169
Ushojax 161
pulga 158
Scum 157
Yenrot 155
Jason Raize '75 - '04 152
keit4 146
Slizz 145
BLSwagger10 144
FootballFan 142
Moobabe 137
fadetoblack 135
sneaky77 134
LabouredSubterfuge 130
Rad- 127
bjaelke 125
Brinbe 124
GQman2121 120
WJD 118
Arnie 118
Baconsaurus 117
Kylehimself 116
Empty 115
Noirulus 111
SunhiLegend 109
MPW 106
The Friendly Monster 106
rififi 101

Hard to post more when there's so much more EPL discussion than La Liga :x Maybe I should adopt a premiership team?

Kyoufu

Hard to post more when there's so much more EPL discussion than La Liga :x Maybe I should adopt a premiership team?

That, or just post stuff about La Liga. That will encourage fellow Spanish Football fans to post too.

If you do adopt a premiership team, pick Newcastle. :)

I don't think there's any shame in supporting teams in multiple leagues. If you think you have some sort of a connection with a premier league team than go ahead. :)

It's always nice to have an extra Gunner around here. *wink wink*

Just made the switch from Firefox to Chrome.

I'm scared guys.
Welcome to the winning team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom