• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Try supporting Inter

Q73GU.gif

FootballFan

Rumoured change to the new barca kit. Red sleeves instead of blue. FUCKING SHIT

DG3Vj.jpg

By the way, this kit is kind of growing on me.

I don't really hate that kit, don't love it either. Its okay I guess. Kinda looks like a guy with red paint on his motorcycle wheels ran over the middle of the jersey

Such hostility towards Chelsea lol.

Hey man, people cheer for people like Terry and Pepe when they play against us, imagine that lol. Still no-one gets Inter level hate here. edit (though people still preferred inter to us in the 2010 semis)

Messi

I am sure it will be fine once the players start wearing it. Kind of like this seasons. The 10-11 Kit is amazing though.

FootballFan

Tell me the truth Yurt, were you going for Inter or Barca in the 2010 CL semis ? Most italian/serie a fans I know still were, the whole "they are Italian"*cough* with no italians in the team. "Co-efficient points" etc was enough to convince them.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
According to the Corriere dello Sport, there was a meeting between Lazio emissaries and Berbaov's agent Emil Dantchev.
Tell me the truth Yurt, were you going for Inter or Barca in the 2010 CL semis ? Most italians I know still were, the whole "they are Italian"*cough* with no italians in the team. "Co-efficient points" etc was enough to convince them.

Lol, coefficient. It's a lost cause.

Inter is a South American team anyway. They openly cheered against Serie A in Europe, so why the hell would anyone even root for them?

dc89

Is today the last game RVP plays infront of the Arsenal home support? I bet a story will be made out of his reaction at the end of the game.

Salvadora

Arsenal: Szczesny, Sagna, Koscielny, Vermaelen, Gibbs, Ramsey, Song, Gervinho, Rosicky, Benayoun, van Persie. Subs: Fabianski, Park, Andre Santos, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Djourou, Chamakh, Coquelin.

Yen

Carra's assessment of the team:
Pepe Reina Anfield’s Karaoke king. He led the singing when Spain won the World Cup and I hope he’s grabbing the microphone for us after Saturday’s game. He’s almost as good a singer as myself.

Glen Johnson England’s best right back and one of the most consistent players since Kenny Dalglish took over as manager. Glen’s a big-game player who will need no extra motivation facing his old club, Chelsea, at Wembley.

Martin Skrtel A member of our tattoo twins at centre-half. Martin seems to have a new slogan or picture on his back every game, and none of us understand what the images or words mean. He’s been one of our players of the year.

Daniel Agger Another tattoo fan at the heart of the defence. He and Skrtel have been as good as any centre-half pairing this season, which hasn’t always been good news for me. Daniel is one the best defenders in Europe.

José Enrique With his fake tan and eyebrow plucking, he’s become the butt of most dressing-room jokes since joining from Newcastle. He doesn’t care what we say as long his skin is well moisturised. Had an excellent first season at left-back.

Steven Gerrard What more needs to be said? Our regular match-winner, the club’s greatest player and the perfect captain, always leading from the front. I hope he can carry on playing for many more years, because he’ll be irreplaceable.

Jay Spearing Not a real Scouser — he’s from the Wirral. A gym nut who’s like a mini-Mitchell brother. Has done brilliantly well to establish himself as a regular, proving ex-academy boss Steve Heighway’s prediction of a breakthrough correct.

Dirk Kuyt The ultimate workaholic, but he regrets recently telling Craig Bellamy he’s now scored more Dutch goals than Marco van Basten. He’s been getting stick for that comparison ever since. Another brilliant professional who tends to score in the biggest games.

Stewart Downing A quieter member of the squad, but proved his quality in the Carling Cup final with a man-of-the-match performance against Cardiff. No full-back will relish facing him when he’s on form.

Andy Carroll We’ve been telling ‘Big’ Andy for 18 months to sort out that haircut and go to a proper Scouse barber. Short back and sides required. His winner against Everton was the most celebrated Liverpool goal at Wembley since Ian Rush.

Luis Suárez I wouldn’t swap him for any striker in the Premier League. He’s world class, in that second tier of stars just below Messi and Ronaldo. He still doesn’t understand much English, especially when we all shout ‘pass’ in training.

FootballFan

Inter is a South American team anyway. They openly cheered against Serie A in Europe, so why the hell would anyone even root for them?

Yeah so many South Americans in that Inter team.
Julio Cesar, Zanetti, Samuel, Lucio, Maicon, Cambiaso, Motta(born in Brazil), D.Milito + the Europeans: Sneijder, Eto'o, Chivu, Stankovic and Pandev.

AsIItqjCEAAY9-u.jpg

Hartlepool fans making their way to the Charlton game today.

:lol great contrast between the people on both escalators.

Paul Merson is a fucking idiot. He's on Sky Sports News saying Newcastle should sell Cisse because he only scores screamers and it can't last forever. :lol :lol

Anyway, GO NORWICH!

Anderson

Why have Norwich become so shit recently?

Long season, small squad and they're guaranteed to stay up this season. Still they played brilliantly at the start of the season and haven't the legs to keep it up. Like Norwich though and are a good team to have in the PL

You got a free goal from the referee at a crucial time (though still deserved to win). There won't be any Atkinson antics today so hopefully Liverpool can do it.
Nothing crucial about it. Chelsea were the better team and were 1-0 up. Then got the ghost goal. That was the kick up the arse Spurs needed. Spurs then started to play the better football, started to look really threatening, and as a result got a goal back. Having reduced the goal deficit to 1, Spurs were still in it, but in the same time that Spurs had to pull it back, we knocked another 3 in.

I can understand Spurs fans feeling hard done by that day, but the truth is the ghost goal was what it took to actually get Spurs in to the game. The adrenaline just didn't last though, and no sooner were they back in it than they were out of it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom