• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenka

I love how Dede and Santana are right behind Weidenfeller although they didn't do shit last season.

And lol, why isn't Kehl lifting the trophy ?

Heerenveen ! I used them on Fifa 12 for ages. :D

Bas Dost has had a great season for them in real life. Assaidi, Narsingh and Duricic were really good too but in Fifa not sure about real life lol.

LOL

My brother in law is Dutch and his team is Heerenveen.

Today I'm leaving with my gf to spend the day out of Madrid and will return for the awesome struggle in La Liga for relegation and European spots.

bjaelke

Despite there being 7 hours remaining until kick-off, I have begun my drinking in preparation for the FA Cup. I reckon I can pace myself enough to avoid pulling a Wilbury.

As for the game, I'm not really too concerned about the result even with Liverpool's dire form, simply because it is against Chelsea. I wonder if perhaps my overconfidence will come back to haunt me later, I guess I'll have to wait and see.
I find myself in the same position. I'm even tempted to place a bet although I've learned the hard way never to bet on matches involving a team you support.

I find myself in the same position. I'm even tempted to place a bet although I've learned the hard way never to bet on matches involving a team you support.

If I have to bet on a team I support it's always against them. So even if they lose, I get some kind of compensation!

Sloosha

Bricking it ahead of the final today, my heart is already pounding :(

I'm kind of finding it hard to get excited about the game tbh. Hope we win, but won't be too bothered if we don't. Will be bricking it for the CL final though - I'm dreading it.

offshore

Watch the interview where Stevie G insists that Liverpool's season has been a success, and looks throughout like he has been told that will be shot in an hour's time.

The one where he says he's looking forward to working with Hodgson again is my particular favourite.

Anderson

Last home game for the legend that is Pat Rice, you shall be missed :(

tumblr_lgqvdorAsi1qg6sdmo1_500.gif

Feorax

I think I must be the only one who can't see us winning today. At least we already have a trophy in the cabinet and a place in Europe booked for next season, so it's not the end of the world if we don't win.

As long as Lolerpool don't turn up to play, I'll be happy.

I think Liverpool have got this. Pains me to say it, but they always show up against us.

Edit: that said, I didn't fancy our chances in the semi's and we done Spurs 5-1, so who knows.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Edit: that said, I didn't fancy our chances in the semi's and we done Spurs 5-1, so who knows.

You got a free goal from the referee at a crucial time (though still deserved to win). There won't be any Atkinson antics today so hopefully Liverpool can do it.

I love how Dede and Santana are right behind Weidenfeller although they didn't do shit last season.

And lol, why isn't Kehl lifting the trophy ?

The guy with the captain's armband must lift the Meisterschale. Kehl was injured that day (just like most of the time last season). So although he was captain, Weidenfeller was the captain on the pitch and for the biggest part of the season.

Kehl will lift it today, though.

GorillaJu

Very pessimistic about the game.

We've made Chelsea our bitch, and they couldn't score against Newcastle. Don't let Barça's inability to punish them fool you.

We're going to play our hearts out. Suarez is going to terrorize them. Gerrard is going to score a screamer.

Gogogogogogigigoggofio

Yen

Isn't he really close to reaching 700 games for Liverpool or something along those lines? I think liverpool should try reach that mark asap then never use him again.

If he plays all the games left this season, he'll reach it. But that is a bad thing. There should be no room for sentimentality, especially considering how many points Carra has cost us this year.

WJD

Sad that both teams in the FA Cup Final are a bit shit really when it comes to actually playing football. Though with that said, Liverpool always manage to play with a bloody high intensity in the big games (fuck knows what happens in the others) and Chelsea are pants.

2-1 Liverpool.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I hope Chelsea lose just to see Terry's face. The expression he had after the Barcelona match was almost as funny as the one when he missed that penalty.

FootballFan

If he plays all the games left this season, he'll reach it. But that is a bad thing. There should be no room for sentimentality, especially considering how many points Carra has cost us this year.

Sub him on every game 88th minute(make sure there is at least a 2 goal lead) and there ya go. :p

offshore

Not too bothered who wins, but if I'm being pressed, I'd wouldn't mind a Chelsea win, as the way Kenny celebrates victories gets on my nerves. lol

Empty

is there a way both teams can lose that doesn't involve awful scenes of violence as i'd like that to happen.

i guess i'd mildly prefer chelsea, so long as they lose the champions league final, as it'd be nice for di matteo to win something before he's sent packing.

TrueBlue

Eh, I wouldn't begrudge Liverpool's place in the final, beaten a lot of good teams. We never seem to best Dalglish either...

Lightning

Banned
The tears will be glorious if they lose the CL too.
Even if we finish 3rd I still want Chelsea to lose both their cup finals. Seeing Chelsea having no CL football next season will be the greatest thing ever for me.

The tears from Terry will taste SO GOOD!!!!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Delio Rossi has revealed exactly what Adem Ljajic said to provoke his physical attack. “I understand Serbian...”

The Fiorentina Coach was sacked after he struck 20-year-old player Ljajic during an incredible dugout brawl following a substitution in Wednesday’s 2-2 draw with Novara.

Rossi accepted the decision and apologised to Ljajic, but refused to confirm or deny what was said during his farewell press conference.

However, he has now told La Repubblica newspaper what sparked his totally out of character fury.

“While he was going back to the bench Ljajic applauded and said to me: ‘Well done, maestro. Really, you’re a phenomenon.’

“I told him he shouldn’t dare behave like that and he offended me in Serbian. But I have trained many Serbian players in my career and I understood what he said.

“He told me to ‘go back in your mother’s ****’ and at that point I lost it.”

The article also claims Ljajic goaded Rossi during the attack, repeatedly telling him to hit harder ‘as they’re going to kick you out anyway.’

Meanwhile, Fiorentina have confirmed Ljajic’s father will not press charges against Rossi, changing his mind after telling the Serbian media he would contact a lawyer.

Ljajic has been frozen out of the squad until the end of the season and is unlikely to ever play for Fiorentina again.

In case you missed it.
jcBjc.gif

TrueBlue

Such hostility towards Chelsea lol.

I suppose it'd feel wrong for Chelsea and Liverpool to not have their destinies linked in one way or the other.It's been a recurring thene for the best part of a decade.

Messi

Rumoured change to the new barca kit. Red sleeves instead of blue. FUCKING SHIT

DG3Vj.jpg

By the way, this kit is kind of growing on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom