• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

I saw Chrome mentioned above! I have Chrome on my Mac, that way I can use Flash without actually having Flash installed.

choodi

Banned

I have the biggest man-crush on Cabaye.

Makes me feel kinda funny

Sold on the new away kit too. I didn't like it to begin with, but that video changed my mind.

Just trying to work out what to get printed on it.

I got two home shirts this season (Cabaye, Ben Arfa), but I think next season will have to be Cisse, Ba, Colo or Tiote (depending on whether we sell any of them).

One home, one away.

Lightning

Banned
You guys are gonna fuck up against Norwich today, right? We need that to happen.
We'll find out in just over 5hrs... although us fucking up at home to Norwich will take a HUGE fuck up because they have been in patchy form themselves. They are not a defense minded side Norwich, they like to attack, and that's going to be our biggest advantage tonight. If we convert our chances, we'll win, because there is little doubt in my mind that the chances will come.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I'm loving Wigan this season, they actually have a nice squad right now. Tottenham can go fuck themselves for selling Palacios.

btw, is "My Little Pony FiM Community" some kind of inside joke?
They are actually a very nice group... when a certain someone doesn't try to rile them up.

neoanarch

At least ponygaf is segregated in its own thread now. The fanbase is horrible and corrosive. I don't care how nice they are the ruin the internet.

FA CUP FINAL DAY!!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Haven't even posted in this new thread yet. Last free days before Summer semester starts and my B-day is today. I've been pretty inebriated for a good chunk of the last 2 days. Which of course continues tomorrow with Cinco de Mayo and Mayweather Cotto.

Happy birthday Slizz :D

You're born on one of the greatest football days ever.

5-Maggio-2002-2.jpg

5maggio1.jpg

gh8cJ.jpg

VxDgs.jpg

The bitter tears, I can still taste them in my mouth
IL7Oy.gif

It's going to happen to us this season if we don't get our shit together

offshore

25 minutes in and already it looks like ESPN are padding :lol

This 12 hour broadcast is like the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

dc89

Happy birthday Slizz :D

You're born on one of the greatest football days ever.

The bitter tears, I can still taste them in my mouth

It's going to happen to us this season if we don't get our shit together

How long have you been tasting them for?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I ignore anyone who brings it out of the thread. Enjoying Envelope free anime/mangagaf.
Why is mangagaf so small when compared to animegaf? One would think the former would be able to have much more free-flowing discussion considering the subject matter isn't as niche.

pulga

Banned
Hey footygaf, today el 5 de mayo is my birthday! And I've just one wish when I blow out my candles later today, to see this in a couple of weeks:

Inter2.jpg

HEED ME FOOTBALL GODS!!

Kyoufu

I only got 4 hours of sleep. I'm not tired yet, but I get the feeling if I don't go back to bed I'll be really tired later in the day. :(

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
About 30,000 fans coming from all over Italy and even from Slovenia (Based Zabo) and Croatia to support Juventus in Trieste (
9GdFC.gif
neutral
9GdFC.gif
stadium) tomorrow.

elsk

Banned
Koln vs. Bayern should be fun. I expect Jupp to use the probable lineup that he'll have to use for the CL final.

I still have some kind of mixing feelings for Koln. Maynor Suazo (David Suazo cousing) managed to play there in the season they got promoted to the bundesliga, he's the only honduran to ever play in Germany :(

Lightning

Banned
Was going to watch it either way, but waking up earlier than intended blows.

Not expecting Arsenal to drop points though. Easiest fixtures ever.
West Brom away is not going to be easy. Dont kid yourself into thinking that it will be. It wont be Everton at Goodison Park type hard but still a tough game.

Spurs have the easy fixtures. Aston Villa and then Fulham at home? What kind of joke is that...

Man City get Newcastle away, Man Utd have their last game at the Stadium of Light and Sunderland will park the bus..., Chelsea have 2 games against Liverpool. Fucking Spurs have the easiest games.

and still, Arsenal have proved unreliable in games where they should easily win. That gives Norwich a great chance in this game because the shitty Arsenal may turn up instead.

Plasma

Banned
Going to the Emirates today to go watch the Arsenal Norwich game, hope we pick up the 3 points and give a good send off to Pat Rice.

Kenka

Koln vs. Bayern should be fun. I expect Jupp to use the probable lineup that he'll have to use for the CL final.

I still have some kind of mixing feelings for Koln. Maynor Suazo (David Suazo cousing) managed to play there in the season they got promoted to the bundesliga, he's the only honduran to ever play in Germany :(

Bottom line being: Köln should not get down. Never again.

Hertha neither by the way :-(

offshore

Pat Rice is finally leaving? They seem to have been saying that for ages.

Clearly, Gunnersaurus is the only man for the assistant's job.

sohois

Despite there being 7 hours remaining until kick-off, I have begun my drinking in preparation for the FA Cup. I reckon I can pace myself enough to avoid pulling a Wilbury.

As for the game, I'm not really too concerned about the result even with Liverpool's dire form, simply because it is against Chelsea. I wonder if perhaps my overconfidence will come back to haunt me later, I guess I'll have to wait and see.

Lightning

Banned
Didn't know Pat Rice was retiring. I know Wenger persuaded him not to last summer.
From what I understand he doesn't have much of a choice as he has got serious knee problems.

Sad to see him go but I'm sure Arsenal will get an adequate replacement. I want Bergkamp to replace him but we'll most likely Steve Bould will get promoted to the role.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom