• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wessiej

So what's this Strootman like? Been a few murmerings about him from various sources and he seems like a realistic signing considering no-one else is coming in for him and he could represent that oh-so fabled "value".

Watched a few YouTube clips and he seems like a tidy player. Cracking shot on him, too.

Strootman, ugh.

Anderson

Bah I hate when the season is ending, weekends aren't as fulfilling. Euro 2012 will just be like a E-Cigarette, good but doesn't satisfy my needs

Zabojnik

... another transfer window with 15M maximum to replace all of those guys will be soooo much fun. Btw, he's trying to lower Aquilani's price, and he'll probably let Maxi Lopez go away.

I'll believe it when I see it. Might not be a superspending mercato for Milan, but Berlusca has got to shill out more than that, surely? How much are you guys paying for Montolivo, btw?

Yeah, it will be a bitter sweet day tomorrow. Scudetto party + Il Capitano, Pippo, Ringhio, Nesta and some dude from the second Milan team leaving ... Salty discharge incoming.

elsk

Banned
I'll believe it when I see it. Might not be a superspending mercato for Milan, but Berlusca has got to shill out more than that, surely? How much are you guys paying for Montolivo, btw?

Yeah, it will be a bitter sweet day tomorrow. Scudetto party + Il Capitano, Pippo, Ringhio, Nesta and some dude from the second Milan team leaving ... Salty discharge incoming.

Montolivo is a free transfer, I think.

So what's this Strootman like? Been a few murmerings about him from various sources and he seems like a realistic signing considering no-one else is coming in for him and he could represent that oh-so fabled "value".

Watched a few YouTube clips and he seems like a tidy player. Cracking shot on him, too.
Red Issue are saying we're interested in him. They're more reliable on MUFC news than most journo's and "ITK's" imo.

He seems like a good player. Not sure it'll happen though, didn't he say he was staying put or something.

GorillaJu

Kenny says we have our plans already laid out for the summer transfers, it's just a matter of doing the work. And according to him, we aren't planning on anyone being sold, except Fabio Aurelio should be leaving because his contract is up.

Yeah... we'll see about that. :lol

Carbonox

Alan Pardew joined BBC Newcastle's Total Sport program for another refreshingly honest question-and-answer session.

Here are the stand-out points:

* Mathieu Debuchy IS a transfer target for Newcastle, helped especially by the fact that he shares the same agent as Cabaye and they're both friends.

* New contract is being discussed with Demba Ba. Pardew said that if Newcastle didn't qualify for Europe, he may have left.

* Danny Simpson nor his agent agreed that the new contract offered is good enough so Pardew told him to either go in the Summer or wait it out until next year when his contract runs out.

* Danny Guthrie is leaving. He wants constant first-team football.

* 3 trialists are currently trying to earn a contract with the club, with possibly only one being selected.

* Pardew said that if the best teams come in for players, Newcastle can't stop their players leaving if they want to go. However, this will only happen for incredible transfer fees, so I doubt anyone will leave unless a team wants to make a mug of themselves like Liverpool did.

* Pardew said that the underbelly of the club needs a rehaul due to European commitments. So a bigger squad in other words.

Was a great interview. Read more or the full version here: http://www.newcastleunited.us/2012/05/pardew-drops-debuchy-hint-512.html?

fuenf

LETS GO BAYERN WOMEN!

hehe:
www.fcb-ff.de said:
SeEWk.jpg

Clegg

Red Issue are saying we're interested in him. They're more reliable on MUFC news than most journo's and "ITK's" imo.

He seems like a good player. Not sure it'll happen though, didn't he say he was staying put or something.

I've just heard about the possible Strootman. I've also read that more Mendes agent wankery may be involved.

I'm not sure if it's worth it.

GorillaJu

I can't decide which is worse: agents who leech off of big amounts of money moving between club and player, or the fact that without them, players would get taken advantage of by clubs due to lack of business sense.

They're a somewhat necessary evil, but I'm really not looking forward to hearing all the shit by Kia Joorabchian, Raiola, etc. this summer.

Kenny says we have our plans already laid out for the summer transfers, it's just a matter of doing the work. And according to him, we aren't planning on anyone being sold, except Fabio Aurelio should be leaving because his contract is up.

Yeah... we'll see about that. :lol

Reina out on deadline day.

Also, Milan need to start coughing up for players.

It has been like that for a lot of years. Except for the 2010 summer, when Robinho was paid around 18M, every other transfer window was like that. Last year: Taiwo and Mexes for free, Aquilani on loan, Nocerino 500k, other half of Boateng 7.5, half of ElSha 7.5= 15.5M. Berlusconi doesn't want to spend any more money on Milan, plus his son and his daughter don't want to see other family money "thrown away" at the team. Which also explains why we've had players like Seedorf, Zambrotta and Gattuso all this time: relying on those players is cheaper than buying some new ones.

I'm not making this up, our transfers have almost always (95% of the time) been like that, sadly.

fuenf

I can't decide which is worse: agents who leech off of big amounts of money moving between club and player, or the fact that without them, players would get taken advantage of by clubs due to lack of business sense.

They're a somewhat necessary evil, but I'm really not looking forward to hearing all the shit by Kia Joorabchian, Raiola, etc. this summer.

I dont think it's that black and white: That scenario might be the case for most European football players but i think that many young African / South American players get taken advantage of by their agents / selling clubs. Let's not forget that the agent will most likely get a percentage of the transfer fee.

Zabojnik

Fake, obviously, but would be pretty nice.

545189_458821060801504_271681619515450_2080610_1072710702_n.jpg

Also, the sponsor's logo (Jeep) on our first kit for next season is more or less confirmed to be a goddamn sticker. Again. Fuck you, Nike, seriously. Or whoever's responsible for this travesty.

Carbonox

Fake, obviously, but would be pretty nice.

545189_458821060801504_271681619515450_2080610_1072710702_n.jpg

Also, the sponsor's logo (Jeep) on our first kit for next season is more or less confirmed to be a goddamn sticker. Again. Fuck you, Nike, seriously. Or whoever's responsible for this travesty.

These mock-ups are teasing me with their awesomeness.

Oh and this shirt would look a lot better without a sponsor.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
This is amazing. AMAZING
OAdVP.gif
OAdVP.gif

daccf781-4db6-4873-9ac6-ea218e9fa53c.jpg

Juventus has today become the first club in the world to launch its own channel on iTunes. And to celebrate its induction in the best possible way, the “Juventus Stadium Soundtrack” is now available to download. The exclusive playlist features tracks selected by the newly crowned champions, along with the classic songs played before, during and after home games at Juventus Stadium.

Every fan should have the club’s official anthem ‘Juve, storia di un grande amore’ among their collection. This can be downloaded separately from the album for free by clicking here

The CD can be purchased on iTunes and at the stadium’s ‘Vip Store’ on Sunday. It is also set to go on sale in all good record stores.
Here is the official playlist as chosen by the Bianconeri:

1. Queen - Don't stop me now (Buffon)
2. The Killers - When you were young (Vucinic)
3. Kasabian - Days are forgotten (Marchisio)
4. Coldplay - Every teardrop is a waterfall (Bonucci)
5. The Verve - Lucky man (Borriello)
6. Pearl Jam - Just breathe (Matri)
7. Oasis - Whatever (Del Piero)
8. Lady Gaga - The edge of glory (Pepe)
9. Bob Sinclair - Love generation (Pirlo)
10. Maroon 5 feat. Christina Aguilera - Moves Like Jagger (Storari)
11. David Guetta feat. Usher - Without you (Quagliarella)
12. Avicii - Levels (De Ceglie)
13. Guru Josh Project - Infinity 2008 (Barzagli)
14. The Black Eyed Peas - I gotta feeling (Padoin)
15. Pitbull - Give me everything (Caceres)
16. Marracash - Badabum chacha (Chiellini)
17. Jennifer Lopez - On the floor (Vidal)
18. Rhianna - Don't stop the music (Giaccherini)
19. The Fratellis - Chelsea Dagger (song played as goal celebration)
20. Paolo Belli - Juve storia di un grande amore (Official club anthem)

Edit: ^^One of my fav. mock-ups so far!

Clegg

Is that real, Yurt?

If it is then the Juventus players have an awful taste in music.

Except for Borriello and Matri.

Wessiej

He's better than any player of Ajax. Yes even Vertonghen.

Hahah, haha, ha...what? Seriously? That guy is way too aggresive, can't take any criticism and is still very childish, on the field and on twitter.
He isn't ready to be a star, maybe in a couple of years. But for now? Remember what he said after the 2-0 loss against Ajax? He sucked balls that match and he said:
''I want to kick an Ajaxplayer out of this stadium'' The fuck is wrong with him. I loved Strootman till December last year, since then,...ugh, back to Utrecht.

confuziz

Banned
Hahah, haha, ha...what? Seriously? That guy is way too aggresive, can't take any criticism and is still very childish, on the field and on twitter.
He isn't ready to be a star, maybe in a couple of years. But for now? Remember what he said after the 2-0 loss against Ajax? He sucked balls that match and he said:
''I want to kick an Ajaxplayer out of this stadium'' The fuck is wrong with him. I loved Strootman till December last year, since then,...ugh, back to Utrecht.

See the similarities with van Bommel?

In any case, pretty much anyone wants to kick an ajax player out of the stadium, so that's nothing new.

Next year Strootman and van Bommel will be playing on the midfield. Mark will teach Kevin how to become a real man.

Clegg

United could do with an aggressive player in midfield.

It's something we're in desperate need of.

Wessiej

See the similarities with van Bommel?

In any case, pretty much anyone wants to kick an ajax player out of the stadium, so that's nothing new.

Yeah he cán be the new van Bommel, but right now? hellllll no.

And to the other thing? awhhh, cute. 3rd place is also good ;)

Hey guys, glad you liked my pics from the Schalke friendly earlier this week!

I love snapping a ton of photos when great teams from across the pond come and play here. We dont get to see great teams like these play week in and week out so I try to capture as much as I can of the game and my sons experience at them.

I found these other 2 shots and figured I'd share them.
Imok.jpg

This was right after Huntelaar got up...his face didnt look to good, he took quite a shot.
Knockedout.jpg

I have alot more that are really good..but there mostly MLS..

elsk

Banned
Man... I can't wait for the cup match. btw:

Klopp on Kagawa: "Where Shinji comes from, our Bundesliga means nothing. Over there, the English league is everything."

I have alot more that are really good..but there mostly MLS..

So? post them!

Carbonox

I like the first celebration. :lol

You know, if I was a professional, I'd love to try different countries/continents club-wise. Though if I were a professional, my mind-set would probably be different and leaned towards where the money is, heh. But to look back on my career and see that I've played in countries like England, Spain, Germany, Italy, Japan, USA, or where ever, would be a genuine accomplishment. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom