• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm watching that Ryan Renolds film 'Buried' on Netflix.

I've had to pause it because the main character is so fucking stupid it's really annoying me. at this point I want him to die.

THIS IS WHAT NO FOOTBALL DOES TO ME :'(

Salazar

cRhNp.jpg

Zab, Yurt, Serie A peeps generally. What's going on with the Serie B scandal? Novara's coach Tesser was saying there was the possibility of Novara staying up if this year's Serie B leaders get punished. What's the latest?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
So I guess I'm the only one excited about the title deciding Fenerbahçe vs Galatasaray derby tonight? If nothing else, it should be a red card fest. GO MELO, GO ZIEGLER!

It's after four hours right?

Decisive game. Pressure rising. Felipe Melol.

Maximum comedy guaranteed.

USeRA.gif

znK28.gif

Zab, Yurt, Serie A peeps generally. What's going on with the Serie B scandal? Novara's coach Tesser was saying there was the possibility of Novara staying up if this year's Serie B leaders get punished. What's the latest?

I'm not following it to be honest, but I thought Novara were in it as well?

The_Joker

anyone from poland here, who can tell me about artjoms rudnevs?

what kind of player is he and will he be good enough for the bundesliga? i just heared that we got him really cheap for just 3,5 million.

Moobabe

Afternoon fellas! I've finally picked up an 360 console box and have a whopping 1600 points to play with on the store. I don't want Minecraft (already have it on PC) - what should I get?

Some stuff that's caught my eye:

Fez
Trials HD/Evolution
Shadow Complex
Ikaruga

What shall I go for? After all; Football GAF has the best taste in everything.

Afternoon fellas! I've finally picked up an 360 console box and have a whopping 1600 points to play with on the store. I don't want Minecraft (already have it on PC) - what should I get?

Some stuff that's caught my eye:

Fez
Trials HD/Evolution
Shadow Complex
Ikaruga

What shall I go for? After all; Football GAF has the best taste in everything.

No idea what MS points translates to in real life monays but : Limbo and Braid!

Indeed.

I just joined Treme-GAF. It's good yo.

As long as you exclude Arnie, ATF487, bjaelke, bonesmccoy, CaramaC, Cerebral Assassin, danwarb, Dark Machine, Darth Sonik, DJmizuhara, elseanio, Feorax, Fry8, FuturusX, jamieson87, K444WSR, labadal, Mastadon, MarshMellow96, odd_morsel, operon, PaulLFC, PJX, Seep, severin, Shogun PaiN, Skoptsie, sohois, Vard and Yenrot.

I should say I have a gaming PC - so stuff like Limbo and Braid I've already played (and loved!)

Ah alright. Didn't even know Braid was out on pc.

Zabojnik

They were talking about it on the radio yesterday, but I already forgot everything, hah. All I know is that it'll spread to the teams that are now in Serie A (Novara, Siena, Chievo, Lecce, maybe someone else?) after the EC is over, because they don't want to stir shit up during the tournament. I gotta say I find this 'objective responsability' thing to be total bullshit, though. One of your players is a fucking scumbag, a criminal, he damages your reputation and basically fucks you over ... and you, the team, have to suffer the consequences? Cornuto e mazziato, as they say.

Salazar

As long as you exclude Arnie, ATF487, bjaelke, bonesmccoy, CaramaC, Cerebral Assassin, danwarb, Dark Machine, Darth Sonik, DJmizuhara, elseanio, Feorax, Fry8, FuturusX, jamieson87, K444WSR, labadal, Mastadon, MarshMellow96, odd_morsel, operon, PaulLFC, PJX, Seep, severin, Shogun PaiN, Skoptsie, sohois, Vard and Yenrot.

Some of them can be saved.

Van Bommel confirmed a few minutes ago that he'll return to PSV, he'll play for one year then he'll try to become a manager. Awesome midfielder, his first year was incredible. I'll miss him, a lot. Really glad that he played with us.

Gattuso had his last press conference, said that he couldn't keep up with the expectations and that he'd like to play somewhere else. Maybe Glasgow Rangers, but he said that they're having some financial problems that would make things way more difficult.

As of today, Inzaghi, Gattuso, Nesta and Van Bommel confirmed that they'll leave, Seedorf and Zambrotta didn't say anything. I really, really hope that sunday match against Novara will be their last as well: of all those players, at least four of them should've left long ago, maybe 4-5 years ago. I can't wait to see what Galliani will come up with this summer, another transfer window with 15M maximum to replace all of those guys will be soooo much fun. Btw, he's trying to lower Aquilani's price, and he'll probably let Maxi Lopez go away.

Empty

geometry wars retro evolved 2 is a must have if you're into an arcadey type experience.

rez hd is also highly recommended.

elsk

Banned
Tom Hanks can go to the freaking hell.

Van Bommel confirmed a few minutes ago that he'll return to PSV, he'll play for one year then he'll try to become a manager. Awesome midfielder, his first year was incredible. I'll miss him, a lot. Really glad that he played with us.

Gattuso had his last press conference, said that he couldn't keep up with the expectations and that he'd like to play somewhere else. Maybe Glasgow Rangers, but he said that they're having some financial problems that would make things way more difficult.

As of today, Inzaghi, Gattuso, Nesta and Van Bommel confirmed that they'll leave, Seedorf and Zambrotta didn't say anything. I really, really hope that sunday match against Novara will be their last as well: of all those players, at least four of them should've left long ago, maybe 4-5 years ago. I can't wait to see what Galliani will come up with this summer, another transfer window with 15M maximum to replace all of those guys will be soooo much fun. Btw, he's trying to lower Aquilani's price, and he'll probably let Maxi Lopez go away.

wait, what? so you guys buy him for what, 2 matches?
van Bommel is a top class DM, I hope he joins Bayern in the future as youth division coach.

And I don't really think you need to go to the market to replace those players, you have like 20 guys on loan and also good players on the reserve squad.

Blablurn

van bommel as a manager? DO WANT!

elsk

Banned
Hoeneß expects Bayern to generate a record turnover of more than €350m this season, he told "Focus". Consolidated profit between €10-20m.

:)

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Conte: Del Piero will be in my starting line-up for Sunday. I owe it to him for what he's done this season

Edit: And Allegri just confirmed the worst kept secret in football in his press conference. Riccardo Montolivo will play for Milan next season.

Actually I think I know that girl. Tom Hanks is here in Malta at the moment shooting some movie.

Ask her about his jacket! :p The man's reputation is on the line here!

I'll torrent all his movies and seed them for years if it turns out to be true.*

*bishoptl I'm only kidding I swear.

WJD

So what's this Strootman like? Been a few murmerings about him from various sources and he seems like a realistic signing considering no-one else is coming in for him and he could represent that oh-so fabled "value".

Watched a few YouTube clips and he seems like a tidy player. Cracking shot on him, too.

Tom Hanks can go to the freaking hell.

wait, what? so you guys buy him for what, 2 matches?
van Bommel is a top class DM, I hope he joins Bayern in the future as youth division coach.

And I don't really think you need to go to the market to replace those players, you have like 20 guys on loan and also good players on the reserve squad.
Those are just rumors for now, but a lot of journalists said that there's a high possibility of seeing him return to Catania and then leave to some other club. I'd keep him, he showed that he cared about the club much more than a lot of people, plus he always did pretty good.

We need to buy a couple of players for our midfield, especially now that we don't have a proper DM for Allegri's formation. Ambrosini is good and all, but he isn't even close to Van Bommel's level. And probably a new striker, if we actually let Maxi go, plus an actual LB, if Taiwo ends up staying at QPR.
van bommel as a manager? DO WANT!

Best part about his interview: "this is not a farewell, it's more like a goodbye. I might come back to Milan as a manager sooner or later."

It also seems that he was going to cry when the Milan Channel crew showed him a video about his season and a half with us.
Conte: Del Piero will be in my starting line-up for Sunday. I owe it to him for what he's done this season

Edit: And Allegri just confirmed the worst kept secret in football in his press conference. Riccardo Montolivo will play for Milan next season.
Oh. Okay. Montolivo to replace MVB. Best thing ever. Yep.

Tomorrow is going to be full of tears for both Milan and Juve, seeing all those players leave will be heart-crushing.

WJD

Carrick possibly out tomorrow as well as Welbeck, Smalling and Evans.

Or, in other words, it doesn't matter whether City Win or not, because we're not beating Sunderland.

Yazan

Let's welcome Montolivo!

Too bad Nesta and Van Bommel will leave. Such legends. All of them are, sure Pippo, Seedorf and Gattuso are barely any players, but I will never forget the period between 03 to 07.

Hixx

Bendtner: "There is no panic thinking about my future. Now, it's all about Euro 2012 for Denmark and afterwards I can look at my club future."

We still have one game left you useless fucking wanksplat.

bjaelke

Bendtner: "There is no panic thinking about my future. Now, it's all about Euro 2012 for Denmark and afterwards I can look at my club future."

He said this morning that the Premier League "can be decided by his feet".

I'm not sure if he's going to score 8 own goals or what.

Plasma

Banned

He really is an idiot, burning bridges at Sunderland and at Arsenal makes you wonder who on earth will actually buy him from us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom