• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there's any positive, at least now Fergie won't be able to use winning the title to justify not making any signings in the summer.

No, fuck it, there are no positives. I think I'll take a day off from football to shake this one off.

Again congrats, City and City-GAF, the best team over the duration of the season won the title today.

Zabojnik

Unreal, completely unreal. The mods should close all other sports threads for a day. Best sport in the world on ALL LEVELS.

Congratulations City fans!!! You've waited long enough. :p

xintin

image.php

image.php

8b932e3252138bc1a4703b7d6eee9561.gif
maybe the greatest post ever lol

rififi

Holy shit, I can't believe City pulled it off. Happy United didn't win the title, but I really wanted a taste of the delicious tears of Nasri.

David Silva, Kompany, Aguero, I'm glad they all got a title.

Arsenal managed to keep 3rd, so guaranteed CL spot.

Juve end the season undefeated.

What a day for football.

All that is left is for Madrid to finish with 100 points.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
i don't watch football like that.. I love fifa and play it ALOT

this is the first time i sat through any game that isn't the world cup and DAMN I LOVE THIS!

wow

Man City what a win...

Unbeaten league seasons in European football, a brief history:

1889-90 Preston North End
1929-30 Athletic Bilbao
1931-32 Madrid CF
1942-43 Dresdner SC
1972-73 Benfica
1977-78 Benfica
1978-79 Perugia
1991-92 AC Milan
1994-95 Ajax
2003-04 Arsenal
2010-11 Porto
2011-12 Juventus

Moobabe

Congratulations City - thought they'd blown it there, full credit to QPR; they really gave it their all. Barton? What a waste of space - as if getting sent off wasn't enough, he took so LONG to get off he caused that 5 minutes extra time. Hope he never plays football again.

Clegg

I'm devastated. It was 1-2 to QPR with 3 mins of injury time to go.

Can't believe we haven't won the league.

Fair fucks to City. They showed bottle when it was absolutely needed.

But it wasn't todays results that lost the title for us. It was the fuck ups against Everton and Blackburn at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom