• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

You know what?

This City team were supposed to romp the league this season but they only won at the very end on goal difference.

We haven't played well this season but it came down to the very end. We'll be back next season and we'll be stronger.

Congrats City. See you next year.

Lightning

Banned
I'm so relieved that we finished 3rd. Big thanks to West Brom's goal keeper for having a shocker!!!

Congrats man city. You've done well but lol at united for throwing it away. It should never have come to this after we best them at the emirates.

City 110% deserve and earned it. A win worthy of Champions. Congratulations to them. United will be back, we never die.

I haven't seen any of today's football but it sounds incredible. Sadly not the ending I had dreamed of, and as much as it hurts, it's a moment that shows just how incredible this sport can be and why we all love it.

As for Newcastle, fucking delighted with our season. The Europa is a great competition and I can't wait to have a real go at it.

In a way I'm relieved we didn't make the CL, I can actually just enjoy the Champions League final next saturday now. It's going to be torture for Spurs fans.

Congrats to City-gaf. I hope this result fucking ruins United.

ShogunX

OH MY GOD, WHAT A DAY!!!!!!!!!

Everton finish above Liverpool!!!! YES YES YES

It's been a dire season for us but believe me when I say we broke Everton's hearts at Wembley. Finishing above us is meaningless considering they wont even qualify for Europe.

Still cant believe that ending. AGUEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Epic commentating.

Lakitu

st5fu
Hahaha holy shit. Those last 5 minutes were batshit insane.

But my god, there is hilarious gif worthy material from the crowd.

AngryMoth

Unbelievable. Surely this will go down as the most dramatic day in prem history. Helps that I got both the results I wanted; Arsenal and City wins! :D :D :D

Sleepy

Glad Arsenal stayed 3rd. Just hope this is the push for RVP to stay. Arsenal better buy defenders in the off-season, though. Cut Gervinho, Santos, Mertesacker.

dc89

I have to congratulate United, they played a good campaign in the PL with a squad in need of new players. No other team got close to the top and that's testament to United's spirit and belief.

Scum

I, I just can't believe what I just watched. It looked like it was going to be one last incredible City cock up and it was all there, but the god damn +5 min of stoppage. Fucking shit. God fucking damn it. It is too early in the day to feel such a surge from high to low. Wow, what a end to the season. Congrats to City, it should have never been that close. We threw away 8 points like they were confetti. Ugh, I feel awful.

You can blame that cunt Barton for those +5mins. If the fool had stayed on for 90mins, Man Utd GAF would be the ones celebrating.

offshore

As for Newcastle, fucking delighted with our season. The Europa is a great competition and I can't wait to have a real go at it.

In a way I'm relieved we didn't make the CL, I can actually just enjoy the Champions League final next saturday now. It's going to be torture for Spurs fans.

High five =)

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
It's been a dire season for us but believe me when I say we broke Everton's hearts at Wembley. Finishing above us is meaningless considering they wont even qualify for Europe.

Still cant believe that ending. AGUEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Epic commentating.

It is funny Liverpool fans have always made a big deal about being above Everton in the league last season and through this season but when the reverse happens you try to play it off.

untitled-2mdkw0.gif

ShogunX

Yep well done Newcastle. Performed a hell of a lot better than anyone expected you to do and I genuinely hope you guys have a good run in next years Europa. We of course should be joining you should we qualify.

Our season hasn't been the best but I'm happy with a bit of silverware and finally getting myself down to Wembley to watch my team beat our bitter rivals and break their hearts.

Crazy season and we still have the CL final to come. Spurs fans must be worried now.

I have to congratulate United, they played a good campaign in the PL with a squad in need of new players. No other team got close to the top and that's testament to United's spirit and belief.

Congrats dc. I never expected that ending in a million years. But it was a fitting ending to probably the most exciting Premier League season ever.

RaGe_pt

Just arrived now to the computer. Can't fucking believe what happened today! Football is the best thing ever invented! So much drama! Congratulations City-GAF, go party hard and have a great great day! =)

Scum

Hah! I told the lads at work that the likes of Swansea and Norwich will do fine this season. Congrats to them.

If Chelsea win the CL and knock Spurs out of the CL, that would just be so cruel.

And that's pretty much what will happen. :-(
BBAAAAAYYYYYYYEEEERRRNNNNNNN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom