• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

venison crêpe
lCace.jpg

TeegsD

Looks like all the City fans have decided to show up at the end. Better late than never. Congrats City. Enjoy this one because come next year, we'll take it back. That is a guarantee.

duckroll

Mancini looks like the most insane, relieved, and lost person in the world right now. He was probably real close to just biting his tongue towards the end there. He just told a reporter that they deserved to win the league, but you can see in his eyes that he didn't believe that. It was more like "HOLY FUCK THANK GOD I CANNOT BELIEVE IT WHOAAAAAAAAAA". Lol.

DominoKid

not angry or heartbroken cause i'd already de-invested but still...

i just cant believe the league ended like THAT.

wow.

that's some movie shit.

Kyoufu

Mancini looks like the most insane, relieved, and lost person in the world right now. He was probably real close to just biting his tongue towards the end there. He just told a reporter that they deserved to win the league, but you can see in his eyes that he didn't believe that. It was more like "HOLY FUCK THANK GOD I CANNOT BELIEVE IT WHOAAAAAAAAAA". Lol.

Looked like he was going to faint. Must be an unbelievable feeling winning it like that.

If there's any positive, at least now Fergie won't be able to use winning the title to justify not making any signings in the summer.

No, fuck it, there are no positives. I think I'll take a day off from football to shake this one off.

Again congrats, City and City-GAF, the best team over the duration of the season won the title today.

This.

I'm tired of us trying the British player route. We've been buying mediocre British players for too long for too high a price. Let's see Snjedier, Müller and the likes of them. We need to break the bank

Stop... Just, stop. I need to sleep here you're getting me too excited

Go ly down

Yep! Already accepted 2nd-place, but to go out like that is needlessly excruciating.

Tru. I knew they were going to win, had my heart racing

But I sat on the edge of the bed and was saying I don't think we even deserve to win it in this way. There was going to be no joy on letting another team do our dirty work

We are united and we don't do it that way

K1LLER7

The last 2 mins changed the season.

We'll have to come back stronger next season, and definitely buy some players. Deserved team won in the end IMO

Cheers Wes, great posts today man!

So happy it was Aguero that got the final goal, that little guy is everything that is right in football while Tevez was subbed off.

Rad-

Congrats City. You were better this season. And that at the end showed champion's mentality.

Hopefully this leads to at least some positivity, and I'm talking about the transfer market. We really need that midfielder Fergie!
We will buy more wingers.

xintin

Juventus are invincible, City grab the title at the very last moment, and Real have a chance at a 100pt season. Absolutely incredible league campaigns this year.

With the lead we had, we should have finished 3rd comfortably :( Damn shame that we fucked it up almost completely and finished 4th. I really wanted Newcastle to beat Everton and pip Woolwich. The next week is going to be agonising, especially with exams as well.

BAAAAAAAYYEEEEEERN

I, I just can't believe what I just watched. It looked like it was going to be one last incredible City cock up and it was all there, but the god damn +5 min of stoppage. Fucking shit. God fucking damn it. It is too early in the day to feel such a surge from high to low. Wow, what a end to the season. Congrats to City, it should have never been that close. We threw away 8 points like they were confetti. Ugh, I feel awful.

The real winners are Swansea and Norwich. Kudos to them both, especially the latter, as I lived in Norwich for a year and they remain the only English club I have a particular attachment to.

Zapages

Congrats to the City fans!!! Man U will roe the matches that they left those points hanging.

Great exciting season!!! Hopefully next season is as exciting as this season!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom