• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garjon

has dalglish ever considered putting kuyt up front? i know he's been playing as a winger for quite a while now, but he's nowhere near as bad as carroll and that would mean that you could drop suarez a few yards back, so he'd get involved more often. suarez is their only creative player on the pitch--you'd want him to get involved as much as possible. that would only make sense!

He has and his contributions consist of missing near open goals and stopping his own teammates from scoring. Carroll actually has been pretty good these past few games and to see him omitted from starting lineup is disappointing.

EDIT: My word, Enrique is having a shocker

Kyoufu

The problem with Liverpool is they have a team full of English players who are absolutely dire.

Ironic that their best player is foreign. Maybe Kenny should re-think everything...

Picking up a bit now, think Liverpool suddenly realise where they are.

edit: maybe not, playing the "keep it in their half game" again

flyover

I hate Jose Enrique.

He's been so bad the latter half of the season. Like he just ran out of gas in January. Also, he and Downing just work terribly together.

If Downing weren't so averse to through balls, he would be so much more effective. Hell, if anyone on Liverpool except Gerrard and Suarez had ever heard of a through ball, they'd be more effective. They're a team without width that are in love with crosses.

Garjon

It's the FA Cup final, yet this game has zero atmosphere; it's not just now either, it's been like this all match. They should keep having the finals at the Millennium Stadium. What a dull half, almost zero quality from any player on the pitch.

sohois

Abysmal first half. let's just go over one person who is not to blame: Stewart Downing

He has contributed little, yes, but there was nothing he could do for the goal and in any case the likes of Bellamy, Suarez & Gerrard have all been equally poor. I was somewhat surprised (well, i wasn't) that Downing was so excoriated in previous posts while no one cared to mention the completely negligible efforts of the other attackers.

Garjon

Here's something I've been wondering about. How do Bet365 get their live odds adverts ready for broadcast so quickly after the half time break?

20,000 between two teams at £400 each seems more likely.

Also, glad an attacking side like Spurs weren't in the final. They would be out of sight by now.

Does Downing do anything except lose the ball and cross to no-one?

Harsh, he passes to Enrique so he doesn't have to put a cross in himself or take on the full back, then runs inside and gets blocked off.

He is the most useless player I have seen in the Premiership and that is saying a lot being a Spurs fan.

Guys I'm still backing a Liverpool win

Chelsea if they went for it could have killed it off that half but themselves never got going

Liverpool will have to go for it giving Chelsea a dilemma as to stick or twist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom