• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxx

Without Mourinho and Benitez livening things up on the sidelines, Chelsea/Liverpool is just a nothing rivalry.

sohois

At some point they should offload Gerard too. He's overrated and old

Too old to be 'offloaded'. Gerrard will almost certainly end his career at Liverpool, however he is looking well past his best this season and should be phased out next season in favour of Shelvey/new signing.

flyover

To be fair to Chelsea, they're pretty damn good. RDM has done a fine job putting them in the best position to succeed -- even realizing how to use Kalou effectively.

norinrad

I think I actually lost brain cells reading this post.

I did the same thing while writing it too. He cannot get up to Suarez's level because of his age, this team needs serious rebuilding and Carrol( Great Liverpool player) will end up just like Heskey shit

FuturusX

Rafa looks like a genius about now...Liverpool can come back, but the first 45 minutes tells you all you have to know about Liverpool. It tells you a great deal about Chelsea too.

The offseason will be critical to both these teams...

Kyoufu

Is it true Liverpool fans boo'ed the national anthem?

Couldn't tell which set of fans it was. I wouldn't be surprised if it was Chelsea fans.

To be fair to Chelsea, they're pretty damn good. RDM has done a fine job putting them in the best position to succeed -- even realizing how to use Kalou effectively.

Damage control? Don't see what they did that makes me think "they're pretty damn good". More like Liverpool being utter dog shite.

The difference between Lucas and Spearing is ridiculous. Paying the price for thinking that Spearing is a satisfactory DM to last 6 months

Downing no bollocks, Enrique no brain. Huge, huge improvements needed, Terry and Ivanovic haven't had to a do a thing

Fry

David Luiz will only talk with ESPN Uk (he rejected an interview with ESPN Brazil), because he was criticized by the narrator at a live match. lol What a child.

The good news is that the second can't be worse than the first. It's not possible.

Ranieri: "Maybe put Ca... another striker on to help Suarez"

flyover

Damage control? Don't see what they did that makes me think "they're pretty damn good". More like Liverpool being utter dog shite.

No, not damage control. Liverpool have sucked, hard. I just wanted to give Chelsea some credit for helping them do so.

sohois

Dalglish's attitude to substitutions has been archaic and frustrating for much of his return, now it has become utterly negligent.

flyover

ESPNHD is freaking awesome.

It is. Too bad the game's on Fox Soccer in the US. Unless your cable provider's seen fit offer it in HD, the quality is terrible (and the picture is shrunken down, to boot). Even worse, they've added Brian McBride to their studio crew. Fine player, but he always sounds like he's slowly coming out of a month-long coma.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom