• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegoArmo

Probably from Tom Werner's comments.

Seriously though, as great as Dempsey has been this season, he would only really be replacing Gerrard, and there is no point replacing one ageing midfielder with another one. We'd be better just trying to get Aquilani to stick around for next season.

He's a great player, but I think a lot of people fail to see the difference between a great player at a midtable club and a great player at a top club... I realise Liverpool are midtable, but if their goal is to be a top club, they should aim higher.

Carbonox

Cisse is so crap with the ball at his feet yet still manages to score amazing goals. I don't get it.

For much of his time with us, he's actually displayed great acts of passing, hold-up play and skill. But yeah, he's susceptible to times where it's like he's too lazy with the ball and would much rather prefer to receive it near the goal.

Still, WHAT A FUCKING TENSE MATCH.

Kyoufu

Cisse is great with the ball. Today is a different day though.

I'm shitting my pants too Wilbury. Let's soil them together.

GorillaJu

He's a great player, but I think a lot of people fail to see the difference between a great player at a midtable club and a great player at a top club... I realise Liverpool are midtable, but if their goal is to be a top club, they should aim higher.

One of the owners was asked specifically what he thought about Dempsey, and he said "Any PL club would be lucky to have him playing for them," and that's what everyone's been going off of.

The same owners who said that Insua and N'Gog deserve to stay at Liverpool - both were sold.

however past about page 60 it has advice and interpretations for referees, generally not printed as part of the LOTG.

It's very interesting reading if you follow football and have ever wondered wtf a referee was doing at some point with a decision.
Always wanted something like this, thanks. Makes clear some of the peculiarities of decisions, and particularly assistant referee behaviour.

Zabojnik

Want more reason to hate Cagliari? My friends, Andrea Cossu:

zebra1.gif

Fuck Cossu and fuck Cellino. Soli contro tutti.

Yurt, hope it's nothing serious and everything goes as it should. Although I have to say ...

pirateyurt.png

... would be amazing.

Wes

venison crêpe
Shay Given with a world class save from Bale. Good grief I thought that was in the roof of the net.

Keio

For a Finer World
Cabaye with a rare misplaced pass. So close to putting Papiss through.

Could've also seen Gutierrez.

Almost complete control of this first half. Villa have never looked like scoring but they're 1-0 up. Brilliant save from Given to deny Bale. VDV put one inches wide. We've had a ridiculous amount of corners so far. Don't really know what else to say...

GorillaJu

Could never get the hang of chopsticks.

You would if you had to. It sucks taking a half hour to eat a handful of rice. You'd just go hungry

Almost complete control of this first half. Villa have never looked like scoring but they're 1-0 up. Brilliant save from Given to deny Bale. VDV put one inches wide. We've had a ridiculous amount of corners so far. Don't really know what else to say...

Sounds Liverpudlian.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom