• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Llorente 1-1

untitled-8qky8v.gif

ShogunX

Well deserved. Not only are the Home fans getting outsung, their team is getting outplayed.

A joy to behold. The new Baresi with some top notch defending as well :)

Rad-

Llorente 1-1

untitled-8qky8v.gif

Jones's reaction to the goal pretty much tells the story. He looks like he doesn't care, just turns away. I don't think United has the motivation for this, like Bilbao has.

Also Evra has been horrible again. I can't believe a player of his experience is out of position so many times per match.

Fur_Q

Jesus you lot are hilarious it's half time. I've seen enough of the scum to know, never write them off. It's never over at the swamp yooonited will come out all guns blazing me reckons.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Bilbao have been superior in every area. Should have scored 3 and had a penalty as well. United were crap against Spurs, only now Ferdinand isn't there to redeem that shitty defense.

Wilbur

Banned
I'm actually surprised by the gap in technique/skill with the ball between the two sides.

Our only cultured players are Nani, Berba and Rooney really. Giggs has been very good but our whole back four including Jones rely on pace and pace alone. Park is industrial, Hernandez isn't a ball player.

WJD

I shudder every time the ball drops in the middle of the park because I know we'll have no one in that area to pick it up/retain it.

It just shouldn't be that way for a Man United team.

I reiterate: we're shite.

Inversive

I shudder every time the ball drops in the middle of the park because I know we'll have no one. That area to pick it up/retain it.

We really need a world class CM, it's been obvious for ages. I can't believe Fergie hasn't brought in anyone yet.

Well, it would be pretty much the same story with other English sides of your choice. That's some consolation.

I agree. Says something about our national game. I remember a quote by Xavi a few months ago where he said "In England, when the defender hoof the ball out of play the crowd cheer him, but that wouldn't be the case back at home with our crowd"

Clegg

I shudder every time the ball drops in the middle of the park because I know we'll have no one. That area to pick it up/retain it.

It's amazing that we're only 2 points off top of the table.

How shite must everyone else be? I'm not even trolling.

The PL is all over the place this year

How shite must everyone else be?

They aren't shit, we are just better at grinding out victories, late victories, etc. We still have the belief thanks to SAF.

I think a few months back I read an article on BBC, take the same players and give it another manager/club and we would be mid table.

doicare

Considering Manchester United are missing half their first choice team and are playing 3rd and 4th choice players in their place instead of 2nd choice players, the result so far's not bad. I would expect United to field a much stronger side in the second leg.

Bo-Locks

Bilbao have been superior in every area. Should have scored 3 and had a penalty as well. United were crap against Spurs, only now Ferdinand isn't there to redeem that shitty defense.

The defence is (mostly) fine, it's the midfield where we get completely bossed by inferior teams, like Spurs etc. Considering Ferdinand has come under so much shit the last few weeks/months, I'm surprised at that comment, too.

If only we had a young, dynamic midfielder...

Clegg

They aren't shit, we are just better at grinding out victories, late victories, etc. We still have the belief thanks to SAF.

I think a few months back I read an article on BBC, take the same players and give it another manager/club and we would be mid table.

United have some very good players. I think they'd still be a top 4 team even without SAF.

I doubt we'd be challenging for the league though.

Wilbur

Banned
Considering Manchester United are missing half their first choice team and are playing 3rd and 4th choice players in their place instead of 2nd choice players, the result so far's not bad. I would expect United to field a much stronger side in the second leg.

PLEASE SHUT UP

Prodigal son returns.

Tell em' homie.

elsk

Banned

Yes, that's the amazing side of Manchester United. They're actually a team, unlike a lot of other "top teams"... Barcelona is the only big side I can see as a "complete" team too, they have average players in a few spots but they still look as top class because they're playing as a unity.

ShogunX

How shite must everyone else be? I'm not even trolling.

The PL is all over the place this year

Most of the bigger teams are in a transitional period with new players being bedded in along with the older more established faces not being as influential as they have been in the past.

Will probably take a couple of seasons before the BPL is back amongst the best.

Awesome, so I guess we won't be seeing posts from you for a bit?

Jamie-shocked-reaction.gif

Wilbur

Banned
No one is a third choice in this team because we always rotate. Park is probably the nearest to third choice but that makes him sound like an awful last resort.

Anyway, we need two to be confident at San Mames.

And if not you'll post another bullshit injury table yes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom