• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

Laure Boulleau <3<3<3<3

7O4xV.gif

oATJu.gif

Thank you based Nike.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMqSXkv_WPU&feature=related

WJD

So I caved and bought ME3 on the way back from Uni. Trying to save money isn't going well.

Speaking of not saving money, I can't be the only one who's ever considered a Football GAF meetup? Something like a 5-a-side tournament would be brilliant.

Sleepy

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/13796/Show/Theo-Walcott

^check under 'strengths', LOL. Pretty much sums him up.

Why the hell doesn't Wenger sell him to Dalglish and buy a good player? Instead he's negotiating a RAISE. And then he complains about financial doping and how he has no money. Sheesh.

Speed isn't a strength?

Also, here's Torres:

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/4056/

How about this one for Arteta; no significant weaknesses?

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/1443/Show/Mikel-Arteta

offshore

Speaking of not saving money, I can't be the only one who's ever considered a Football GAF meetup? Something like a 5-a-side tournament would be brilliant.

Newcastle-GAF would win that tournament. We've got a coach on our side, after all :p

Tevez - £25m
Adebayor - £12m
Weiss - £4m (done well in Spain)
Savic - £4m
Kolo - £7m (sounds like he wants out)
Boyata - £2m
Ibrahim - £1m
M Johnson - £1m
Nimely - £1m

Off the wage bill:
Bridge
Santa Cruz

Obviously wishful thinking since many will be hard to sell. Still, there are a couple players that can be sold without making too much damage.

I think you could sell us Kolo, it is the least you could do after we keep selling you players, or taking Ireland off your hands (thanks for Shay!).

Wilbur

Banned
I'd play like Ali Dia, flapping around the middle of the pitch looking vaguely talented but keeping out of the way when anything actually happens.

Fintan

It was $5 yesterday. I bought it using my Amazon.co.uk account. You can activate and download using Steam. It's what I did, when you have processed the order it says do you want to use the Amazon downloader or do you just need the serial key. Choose serial key and it puts it on screen, copy and paste into Steam and away you go!

How did you get it to let you download it? It said I had to been in the US.

offshore

I'd play like Ali Dia, flapping around the middle of the pitch looking vaguely talented but keeping out of the way when anything actually happens.

I'd play like Shola Amoebi: only score against Sunderland...

But yeah, some kind of Football-GAF meetup/5-a-side would be awesome.

Carbonox

I'd play like Shola Amoebi: only score against Sunderland...

But yeah, some kind of Football-GAF meetup/5-a-side would be awesome.

We also have to wear our favourite teams' tops and try and get 5 aside teams repping each club. Then Newcastle can beat everyone and we can say we won the tournament. It's the closest thing to glory. :(

I'd definitely wear my Barton shirt. SUCK ON IT.

Messi

I wonder when nike and adidas will reveal the new international home kits, other than Spain and Germany. We all know what they look like. I really want the netherlands home.

Kenka

Talking about a GAF meetup, I will actually be Tyne and Wear during this month for work. Anybody from Newcastle and Sunderland up for a beer ?

Just saw the Man-Bilbao highlights, holy crap at that second goal. Probably the best goal I've seen this season.

Also is it just me or is Bilbao squad mostly kids? lol

Messi

From Victor Valdes Facebook:

I must refute that it transcends age, the news of my paternity. We are not expecting any baby. I think that on such personal issues, is important to have a reliable source and the truth is that, in this case, it has not happened.

Having said that, I would ask that if there is any my son I do not know, get in touch with me! Hahaha

Legend.

Salazar

Just saw the Man-Bilbao highlights, holy crap at that second goal. Probably the best goal I've seen this season.

Offside, though. Beautiful nevertheless.

Messi, Graham Hunter book keeps getting better. I love these guys. Xavi, Iniesta, Pique, Puyol. Very classy, very charming.

Messi

Offside, though. Beautiful nevertheless.

Messi, Graham Hunter book keeps getting better. I love these guys. Xavi, Iniesta, Pique, Puyol. Very classy, very charming.

Its all about them guys, is it back room stuff? Argh might have to get it ordered.

Salazar

Its all about them guys, is it back room stuff? Argh might have to get it ordered.

It doesn't have much of a structure to it. You'll just get sections on different players, managers, aspects of the club's ethos and training, youth selection. There's stuff on Ronaldinho and Zlatan falling out with Pep, Cruyff being godlike, Madrid being crazy, Puyol and Pique being hilarious bros, Xavi being a MUFC fanboy, the saga of Messi, how la masia functions.

Lots of gnarly club politics - Laporta, Rosell and all that.

All fascinating to me, as I knew very little beforehand. Good explanations from the players on what they try to do on the pitch - their general tactical principles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom