• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

They don't really have to do that, you know. It's their choice.

I know.

But it's Stoke behaviour not to. And to say that you will and then not doing it is, well, shit.

They played magnificently, and we were heavily at fault for how that played out, but it's still shit.

elsk

Banned
I seriously doubt they said they will do it. The ref just was assuming it.
It was a very weird situation, I don't really see why they should return the ball is not like someone was injured or something.

Salazar

I seriously doubt they said they will do it. The ref just was assuming it.
It was a very weird situation, I don't really see why they should return the ball is not like someone was injured or something.

One of their players was giving thumbs up to Young.

I don't know how you interpret that other than "alright, we'll give it back". At least, I think that's the situation Carrick is on about.

elsk

Banned

I don't know how you interpret that other than "alright, we'll give it back". At least, I think that's the situation Carrick is on about.

I don't know how you get that from thumbs up hahaha. And I'm pretty sure the thumbs up were in another moment, not in that one. Maybe before the penalty.

Because we were in possession of the ball just outside their area and could have launched an attack.

So...? you made the "fault", not them. Again, this wasn't an injured player moment.

Salazar

I don't know how you get that from thumbs up hahaha. And I'm pretty sure the thumbs up were in another moment, not in that one. Maybe before the penalty.

Oh I don't know.

*sobs*

Raf seems to have thought Dave would get up and come and claim it. And straight up had no idea that Muniain was coming.

That was a full stretch stop, though. Dave actually did well to try and put himself anywhere near it when Muniain came in.

Wilbur

Banned
So...? you made the "fault", not them. Again, this wasn't an injured player moment.

Who made a fault? If you're talking about the woeful defending then that's a fault? If the rule is that a team can score from a free kick that is given if a shoe comes off accidentally and the player plays on, that's ridiculous. Penalised because they've moved the ball from a dangerous position with no shoe? What if Evra doesn't touch the ball, Bilbao run it into space he can't get into because he's not allowed to touch the ball and score? What's the rules on that?

Stupid fucking thing. You either play on or make them give the ball back; it seems like a ridiculous decision and I reckon if it had happened to Bayern you'd be incensed.

elsk

Banned
You can't play the ball if your shoe is off, as simple as that. If you choose to play it anyway, you know it is going to be a foul against you.

It wasn't Bilbao fault, was Evra's fault.

Wilbur

Banned
"If a player loses his footwear accidentally and immediately plays the ball and/or
scores a goal, there is no infringement and the goal is awarded because he lost
his footwear by accident."

Why do Fifa lie?

sneaky77

No, he never made a sign that we were giving it back, he told Young he was nuts and why should we give it back is not like United kicked the ball out intentionally

"If a player loses his footwear accidentally and immediately plays the ball and/or

Why do Fifa lie?

I think the key word is immediately... in this case Evra lost the boot the played continued and then it went back to him.

Clegg

Its interesting that Tello actually left Barca for Espanyol.

Shows us that he wanted to play football first and foremost and wasn't willing to coast at Barca.

I like that.

Wilbur

Banned
No, he never made a sign that we were giving it back, he told Young he was nuts and why should we give it back is not like United kicked the ball out intentionally

We had the ball though, this is what I don't understand. Young had the ball outside the area and could have shot and scored; according to Fifa that isn't breaking the rules.

I don't disagree with the result, Bilbao should have scored a bunch more. But if that's contradicting the rules and they've scored a decisive third because of that decision, it's pissed me off.

EDIT: I don't know, I don't get what a two second discrepancy without his shoe can do. Like I say, what happens if the ball is played into space behind Evra that he's not allowed to get to because he can't touch the ball?

Wilbur

Banned
Here is my question, is it a penalty? Sure he handled it, but was he in the area?

I don't know; if it's on the line then yes. I couldn't really tell even from replay. I also think Smalling was lucky not to give away a penalty. Doesn't mean I can't be pissed off with what happened for their third.

it was right on the line, if it had been against Man Utd, the ref would have not called pk, also possibly make up call for the 3rd goal

Yeah, let's not do this.

Here is my question, is it a penalty? Sure he handled it, but was he in the area?

untitled-15uvzos.gif

K1LLER7

How does the ref call that where he is positioned, when in doubt dont give it. no?

He must have felt pressured especially after bilbao scored the 3rd after the foul he gave.

I still think United can turn it around, we've been better away than at home this season and hopefully we get some players back like valencia and cleverly

sneaky77

He must have felt pressured especially after bilbao scored the 3rd after the foul he gave.

I still think United can turn it around, we've been better away than at home this season and hopefully we get some players back like valencia and cleverly

Yeah they def can turn it around, I mean is still United, we have been strong at home this season but well.. Rooney, Nani is still scary lol. They didn't do much today and they still scored two goals.

AlexBasch

Ugh, painful loss at Old Trafford. ): Bilbao played a lot better though, no doubt, at least from the first half I watched before leaving for work.

I have been liking Llorente ever since the World Cup, I liked the Villa-Llorente couple a lot more than shoehorned Torres who never clicked with Villa.

Also, liking how Bielsa is making Bilbao play, but I'm kinda thinking that either he or other players will leave Athletic by the end of the season.

elsk

Banned

Why do Fifa lie?

he lost his shoe before, not immediately ;)

sneaky77

I can see City going for Martinez in the Summer.

yeah he is in a few lists, and so is Llorente and Muniain I am sure. They are all under contract for now, I believe Martinez is tied until 2016 LLorente is the urgent issue to get him under contract this summer.

Also, those that want to go after these players, we do not tend to negotiate so I believe Martinez buy out clause is 40mill euro, which I understand is change to City but also needs to convince the player to leave.

yeah he is in a few lists, and so is Llorente and Muniain I am sure. They are all under contract for now, I believe Martinez is tied until 2016 LLorente is the urgent issue to get him under contract this summer.

Also, those that want to go after these players, we do not tend to negotiate so I believe Martinez buy out clause is 40mill euro, which I understand is change to City but also needs to convince the player to leave.

I could see these guys staying with a club that has a promising future and a good core of young players. But that could be the idealist inside me.

sneaky77

I could see these guys staying with a club that has a promising future and a good core of young players. But that could be the idealist inside me.

Well it wouldn't be the first time it happens for us. Guerrero stayed his whole career and so did Etxeberria and they were both targets for Barcelona, Ac Milan and Madrid at different times. So yeah I am hopeful. How can you not want to stay at a club that makes Old Trafford sound like playing at home lol

Salazar

Bielsa was a bit classy over the boot thing, too.

lol at Spurs getting the FA to send a letter telling everyone to stop talking about Harry and England.

elsk

Banned
I seriously doubt City can buy "big" players any time soon, unless they sell a lot of their current squad. They have to make the numbers go green for next season.

Fry

I seriously doubt City can buy "big" players any time soon, unless they sell a lot of their current squad. They have to make the numbers go green for next season.

I'd never doubt those money spending whores. I'm sure they will sign 1 or 2 players that I admire. *sigh*

Man, you should see how bad the people are online in FIFA 12 when you do custom matches. When I'm trying out a new team (such as Athletic Club) I always go there, and the competition is so bad. lol

Don't worry, ManU always gets the penalties though. I saved it! And he quits...the game was an unranked match lol!

Salazar

Bolded the obvious sell or release candidates.

Micah Richards (Vice Captain)
4 DF Vincent Kompany (captain)
5 DF Pablo Zabaleta
6 DF Joleon Lescott
7 MF James Milner
8 MF David Pizarro (on loan from Roma)
10 FW Edin Džeko
11 MF Adam Johnson
12 GK Stuart Taylor
13 DF Aleksandar Kolarov
15 DF Stefan Savić
16 FW Sergio Agüero
18 MF Gareth Barry
19 MF Samir Nasri
20 MF Owen Hargreaves
21 MF David Silva
22 DF Gaël Clichy
25 GK Joe Hart
28 DF Kolo Touré
30 GK Costel Pantilimon
32 FW Carlos Tévez
34 MF Nigel de Jong
37 GK Gunnar Nielsen
42 MF Yaya Touré
45 FW Mario Balotelli

I want them to keep Barry and Nasri for the lulz. And De Jong because he's a dirty so and so.

Clegg

I would have bolded Tevez but City seem to have gone crawling back to him.

Serious case of battered wife syndrome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom