• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sneaky77

Looks like we took over Manchester

Aficionados-del-Athletic-inund_54266070304_54115221152_960_640.jpg

FootballFan

decent article on Tello - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/champions-league/9130609/The-next-Lionel-Messi-who-is-Barcelonas-forgotten-Champions-League-hero-Cristian-Tello.html
Liverpool were apparently interested and so were espanyol. Seems like a class player after watching him yesterday

Goodness me, Tello is great but next Messi? Messi is still 24, let him finish being Messi before someone else becomes him. Thats like calling Cleverly the next Iniesta. :p
Either way at the moment Tello is potential, very fast and direct. Yet to have a bad game for us. Hopefully he continues at this rate, more effective than Cuenca and Pedro, easy.

elsk

Banned
Looks like we took over Manchester

Aficionados-del-Athletic-inund_54266070304_54115221152_960_640.jpg

Good show. Super impressive performance by Athletic and super impressive presence by you, the fans.

Congrats for a well deserved victory. Fucking amazing.

One thing is for sure, the replay match will be a fucking motherfucking beast to watch!!! :p

Some only just realizing Bilbao and their basque players only deal? Come on peoplezzzzzz. Anyway, always get to see some comedy from doicare though, he wants in on that thread title again. Oh and what a bullshit penalty.

Guys. Mass Effect 3 came yesterday. And so did I.

As ugly as I made my ME3 character, the most hilarious thing is still how Fem Shephard runs, so bad.
KuGsj.gif

Is there any reason to get it if I'm still playing '11? Also, would it activate on steam?

Pretty sure all copies of FM12 registers on steam and yeah, FM12 is a updated version of FM11, that's the reason. A few things here and there and improvements, should go for it especially at such a small price.

sneaky77

Some only just realizing Bilbao and their basque players only deal? Come on peoplezzzzzz. Anyway, always get to see some comedy from doicare though, he wants in on that thread title again. Oh and what a bullshit penalty.

Yeah I believe UEFA did a pretty good documentary or report on it when we were in Champions League the yr of our 100 yr anniversary.

I gotta admit, I stopped following the Spanish League the last few years after it became a two horse race. But it seems things are getting all spiced up again.

The penalty was legit though :p I think he was just trying to make up for the b.s. free kick he gave them for Evra's boot coming off. Or maybe not. ;-)

dc89

Steam only, and $6. The winter transfer update should be coming out soon too.

Is there any reason to get it if I'm still playing '11? Also, would it activate on steam?

Heads up Football Manager 2012 is $6 USD on Amazon. You will never see a better price.

It was $5 yesterday. I bought it using my Amazon.co.uk account. You can activate and download using Steam. It's what I did, when you have processed the order it says do you want to use the Amazon downloader or do you just need the serial key. Choose serial key and it puts it on screen, copy and paste into Steam and away you go!

avaya

I seriously doubt City can buy "big" players any time soon, unless they sell a lot of their current squad. They have to make the numbers go green for next season.

They'll have another sponsorship deal. They can make the numbers go green anytime they want. FFP is a minor inconvenience.

neoanarch

OH NO! Please tell me male shep is better.

Has my FM2012 first season just foretold the future?

Pearce as England manager. Steve Bruce as England U21 manager. Terry as captain.

I bloody hope not!

For some reason FM12 is scarily accurate on manager predictions. They have the Mexico merry-go-round down. Including Chivas down to the 'day of' in my save Real was fired and Quirarte came on.

I'm waiting on Del Bosque to quit after a disappointing Euro and Pep to take over. Wenger moves to Barca, Mou goes back to Chelsea after AVB was fired and I forgot who took over at United, either Moyes or Perdew

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

Handball on the line = penalty. The bullshit call was when Smalling was pulling Llorente's shirt in the box and the free kick went the other way.

sohois

OH NO! Please tell me male shep is better.

Has my FM2012 first season just foretold the future?

Pearce as England manager. Steve Bruce as England U21 manager. Terry as captain.

I bloody hope not!

In one of my FM2011 games, England won WC2018 under the masterful guidance of Tony Mowbray.

Wilbur

Banned
I haven't played ME3 and I'll get it when it's cheap because I didn't care enough about the story not to read all about the ending.

Sloosha

Not getting ME3 till it's a bit cheaper. Would have got it if it wasn't for SFxT being out at the same time.

Watching an A-League game at the moment. Yep, definitely better then Serie A and La Liga. Not as good as the K-league though ;)

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
So apparently we're either going to The Artist or..Dr. Seuss. How lovely :(
Not getting ME3 till it's a bit cheaper. Would have got it if it wasn't for SFxT being out at the same time.

Watching an A-League game at the moment. Yep, definitely better then Serie A and La Liga. Not as good as the K-league though ;)

HOvVH.gif

I'm actually not part of Serie A's defense force. I only care about my Juve, I'll follow them even in the A-League.

Has anyone seen that video where some guys on United's bench drop that substitution panel thing on Fergie's foot and he's like "Ooooooooooh shit, fuck fuck fuck"? German TV showed it yesterday so I guess it happened in yesterday's match. It was hilarious.

sneaky77

Has anyone seen that video where some guys on United's bench drop that substitution panel thing on Fergie's foot and he's like "Ooooooooooh shit, fuck fuck fuck"? German TV showed it yesterday so I guess it happened in yesterday's match. It was hilarious.

yeah I saw it during the broadcast it was pretty funny

Interested. Alas, my google-fu has failed me.

sohois

I like how the guys dont even check to see if Ferguson is alright. The guy is almost in his 70s now, you'd think they would be a bit more concerned.

Manager

I seriously doubt City can buy "big" players any time soon, unless they sell a lot of their current squad. They have to make the numbers go green for next season.

Tevez - £25m
Adebayor - £12m
Weiss - £4m (done well in Spain)
Savic - £4m
Kolo - £7m (sounds like he wants out)
Boyata - £2m
Ibrahim - £1m
M Johnson - £1m
Nimely - £1m

Off the wage bill:
Bridge
Santa Cruz

Obviously wishful thinking since many will be hard to sell. Still, there are a couple players that can be sold without making too much damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom