• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

It doesn't have much of a structure to it. You'll just get sections on different players, managers, aspects of the club's ethos and training, youth selection. There's stuff on Ronaldinho and Zlatan falling out with Pep, Cruyff being godlike, Madrid being crazy, Puyol and Pique being hilarious bros, Xavi being a MUFC fanboy, the saga of Messi, how la masia functions.

Lots of gnarly club politics - Laporta, Rosell and all that.

All fascinating to me, as I knew very little beforehand. Good explanations from the players on what they try to do on the pitch - their general tactical principles.

:( On Ronaldinho

I am so in because of the second bolded bit.

Messi

why would anyone ever go to Cleveland?

tumblr_lzoit950tL1r9k1jlo1_500.gif

Salazar

tell me more :eek:

He contemplated us, and only us as far as British clubs go, when his promotion didn't race along. Particularly fond of Scholes, Giggs, and SAF. The respect for United in the book is pretty flattering, tbh.

Also, what fucked our chance to sign Ronaldinho was Peter Kenyon dicking PSG around - saying one price on the phone and another on the fax. They thought he was insulting them, and next up were Barca.

He contemplated us, and only us as far as British clubs go, when his promotion didn't race along. Particularly fond of Scholes, Giggs, and SAF. The respect for United in the book is pretty flattering, tbh.

Also, what fucked our chance to sign Ronaldinho was Peter Kenyon dicking PSG around - saying one price on the phone and another on the fax. They thought he was insulting them, and next up were Barca.

:'(

Dortmund had almost signed Ronaldinho. The price was agreed on but Ronaldinho decided against us because he thought we were too big. He then signed for PSG. True story.

Great, the Barca book is only $8 on Kindle format. Time to buy.

EDIT: OMG, 1-Click purchasing is the worst idea in the world. I click the button, and now it is being delivered. :O (and by worst, I mean worst because I'll be blowing more money than I already do on books.)

elsk

Banned
Tevez - £25m
Adebayor - £12m
Weiss - £4m (done well in Spain)
Savic - £4m
Kolo - £7m (sounds like he wants out)
Boyata - £2m
Ibrahim - £1m
M Johnson - £1m
Nimely - £1m

Off the wage bill:
Bridge
Santa Cruz

Obviously wishful thinking since many will be hard to sell. Still, there are a couple players that can be sold without making too much damage.

Tevez is almost 30, and after what he did at City this season you'll be lucky if anyone makes an offer of 15m euros.

Fady K

The photo is real. It's his nickname.

Wow, he really does look like Bart! I'd cast him in the live adaptation of the Simpsons : P

Alright I went out for shorter than I thought. It's Fady time

Loving this multiquote trend that is emerging :D

I've wrung every ounce of enjoyment out of the spectacle of Chelsea getting done.

It bores me. And I feel bad for Fady, Mata, and Dr. Carneiro.

iDdAx70gwK8dr.gif

LOL, this gif gets me every time.

They have won the league a few times so I doubt this is their best season ever.

Well, we have won la liga before so lol... and in 1998 we finished 2nd to Barcelona in la liga. This season is been the best in quite a while though, copa del rey final, doing good in la liga fighting to get in champions league and doing well in europe.

Our starting team is 23yrs old avg.

And yes we have never been relegated.

edit: this is probably one of the best seasons we've had that I remember, considering that last time we won the league was 1984 and I don't remember it lol.

My bad guys, I never realized how accomplished they were in Liga history. Nice to see how well they are doing now, and how wonderful they play. What I love most about them is how fearless they were last night.

Kenka

Yup that whole saga was pretty amazing.
Wtf, Pelé could have gone to Hannover 96 but he didn't 'cause his national government forbade him to move abroad ? What... ?
Pelé zu Hannover 96
Diese Geschichte ist so unglaublich, dass ich sie selbst nicht geglaubt hätte, wenn es nicht eine (verhältnismäßig) seriöse Quelle, die Sport-Bild, dazu gäbe. Wir schreiben das Jahr 1964, Hannover stieg in die Bundesliga auf und suchte nach Verstärkungen. Ein Mann aus dem Verwaltungsrat, der Eismaschinen-Verkäufer Ziegra, hatte sich schon einen Spieler ausgeguckt: den zweimaligen Weltmeister Pelé . Über Bekannte, die portugiesisch sprachen, schaffte er es sogar, einen Kontakt zum FC Santos herzustellen. Dass der Transfer letztlich scheiterte, lag daran, dass der brasilianische Staat Pelé einen Wechsel ins Ausland verboten hatte. Wäre ja auch noch schöner, wenn Hannover 96 als einziger Verein auf die Idee gekommen wäre, beim weltbesten Spieler vorzusprechen.
I would have never never never believed it had aa GAFfer told me the story.

http://www.aktives-abseits.de/von-ronaldo-pele-und-platini-–-beinahe-transfers-von-bundesligisten/

Clegg

Too right.

I'm not that far in but I'm having a great time. Though I uh...laughed at the scene with the kid before you leave at the beginning. :( :lol

That scene felt really out of place imo.

I'm only just after finshing the first mission. It's definitely Mass Effect. And thats a very good thing.

after the arsenal loss, galliani announced that we will no longer wear our black away kit, and will switch to a yellow away kit for the future.

superstitious italians :p

Great, the Barca book is only $8 on Kindle format. Time to buy.

EDIT: OMG, 1-Click purchasing is the worst idea in the world. I click the button, and now it is being delivered. :O (and by worst, I mean worst because I'll be blowing more money than I already do on books.)

Yup. It would be so easy to go on a Kindle purchasing spree. Instant content gratification. Already a few pages in after finding out about this book ten minutes ago.

Manager

Tevez is almost 30, and after what he did at City this season you'll be lucky if anyone makes an offer of 15m euros.

Tevez turned 28 two weeks ago and obviously I'm hoping he'll do very well in the last couple of matches. City won't bend over this time and £12m/€15m would be laughable.

A lot of clubs wanted him in January, a big problem was his CL-ties at that moment.

manager do you know how much our tevez offer was? it was accepted, only wrench in the deal was berlu stopping pato from going to PSG. can't imagine gold tie would have offered over 20 million.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Laure Boulleau <3<3<3<3

http://i.imgur.com/7O4xV.gif[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/oATJu.gif[IMG]

Thank you based Nike.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMqSXkv_WPU&feature=related[/url][/QUOTE]

I love this chick, she was great in the WC!

Super Laure!

Clydefrog

~11 hours in and I agree. And ME2 is one of my top 3 games this gen, probably.

Charge > Nova > run like fuck while hipfiring shotgun > repeat

So good.

I'm about 11 hours into ME2 as a vanguard and I hate how I only get like 12 shots with the shotgun. Picking up an ammo piece only gives me 2 pieces of ammo. I really want to use the shotgun but it just makes so much more sense to use the stupid SMG. The need for ammo is, so far, one main gripe for me going from ME1 -> ME2

Manager

manager do you know how much our tevez offer was? it was accepted, only wrench in the deal was berlu stopping pato from going to PSG. can't imagine gold tie would have offered over 20 million.

If I remember it correctly, rumours was all the time that you offered to loan him and then optional buy out this summer. City didn't want to loan him out on those terms.

PSG was a clusterfuck, some says Tevez rejected and other say City. Inter didn't offer enough money (maybe loan only).

Rumours was City held out for €30m/£25m, which PSG supposedly met. Obviously no one knows for sure.

There is one that fix the FOV, problem is it looks horrible in all the scenes where they have the camera pre determined. Like http://minus.com/mh4JpH5AT#10

I'm about 11 hours into ME2 as a vanguard and I hate how I only get like 12 shots with the shotgun. Picking up an ammo piece only gives me 2 pieces of ammo. I really want to use the shotgun but it just makes so much more sense to use the stupid SMG. The need for ammo is, so far, one main gripe for me going from ME1 -> ME2

Yeah I also ended up going with the SMG because of that, pretty stupid. Now go make sweet love to Miranda, Clyde!

[IMG']http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzoit950tL1r9k1jlo1_500.gif[/IMG]

NO TUMBLR GIFS ALLOWED

Hixx

Shotgun ammo is plentiful in ME3. I've only ever used my SMG to take out turrets from distance. And maybe some other things.

ANYWAY, football. I can't wait to shout obscenities at Suarez tomorrow. And Carragher. Won't somebody think of Harry Redknapp?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom