• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
It was hard to tell whether that was a penalty, hand on the back was innocuous but that was neck action I couldn't really see.

Manager, you're becoming a parody of yourself, Jesus.

GorillaJu

Ferguson bending to the will of an 18 year old? Demanding more first team play with one of the biggest teams in the world and getting it. Wow.

Stubo

Haha, I had to come in just for the GAF reaction. Pogbaaaa!

That penalty was so well taken, Rooney's been on it today.

untitled-8wlkob.gif

untitled-9yzv32.gif

Manager

In my world unicorn = sweetcorn, it doesn't make it so if I just say stupid things like that.

That's a fucking ridiculous thing to say, how can an accidental coming together of legs mean kicked down? ASSASSIN SWANSEA

When I watch English commentary they often say "X was kicked down by Y" in exactly the same situations. It doesn't have to be a Ryu Shouruken kick, the force from the legs can mean the same.

Brought/kicked/whatever, it was a freekick.

kharma45

When I watch English commentary they often say "X was kicked down by Y" in exactly the same situations. It doesn't have to be a Ryu Shouruken kick, the force from the legs can mean the same.

I think the phrase you're looking for is 'a tangle of legs', and even then calling that incident that is pushing it by a huge margin.

ColR100

City starting to loose it a little, giving fouls away all over the pitch. Dat mentality.

This is probably the day they lost the league if they fail to win here. Their run in is horrendous compared to ours.

GorillaJu

Okay it has to be said since you've mentioned "Shouruken kick" twice, it's Shoryuken, which is dragon punch, not a kick.

Secondly, it does matter what phrasing you use, and no native English speaker is ever going to say "kicked him down" unless it was some kind of brutal, studs-flying challenge.

And stop being such a hypocrite.

Lunchbox

Banned
City starting to loose it a little, giving fouls away all over the pitch. Dat mentality.

This is probably the day they lost the league if they fail to win here. Their run in is horrendous compared to ours.

probably got news over the radio that pogba's on

shitting themselves

Wilbur

Banned

No, it's not the same. It's like saying the Kompany red card against United you all so massively protested against was definitely a red card because minimal contact and maximum contact means the same thing.

It's about context. There was an accidental clipping of heels that probably should have resulted in a free kick. However it looks ridiculous when you respond with THE SWANSEA DEFENCE ARE AS BAD AS THE NAZIS AND HE KICKED HIM IN THE GUT AND TOLD HIM HIS MUM WAS UGLY etc. etc. It really wasn't that bad. At all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom