• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slizz

Time to watch Norwich twat Wigan, Barca slip past Racing and my men Bilbao draw with Osasuna.

This is so salty hahaha. It was also enjoyable to see fans herald the arrival of an ugly Argentinian with a billboard. It's got nothing to do with the point gap, we're top of the league a at a crucial time. Well done City for getting so far but you're bottling it big time with results like this.

Pow.

Rad-

rDjEI.png

Didn't realize Tottenham was that far behind already.

Wilbur

Banned
Didn't realize Tottenham was that far behind already.

Yeah it surprised me how quickly they've fallen off, hopefully they can hold Chelsea off at least. Wouldn't be surprised to see Arsenal come first but I want Roman to sob into his zlotys

K1LLER7

Manchester City have now dropped 16 points in their last 16 matches. They dropped only two points in their first 12 Premier League games.

Europa league affecting them?

Fur_Q

What a pathetic cunt. I cried at a game once but I was only young and we'd just been relegated.

We are only behind by 1pt.

Exactly I hope his mates name and shame him, so he can be slapped around the Asda carpark, up to the Velodrome and kicked around the track.

Shithouse.

GorillaJu

Tottenham's season is a pretty sad story. Their recent performances against United and City deserved so much than they got, and they've had more than one game where some horrific calls kept them at a draw or forced them to lose. It's a damn shame because you can tell that without the wind in their sails, they aren't half as threatening as a team.

Well I kinda thought City could draw at Swansea as they really are great at home, but losing, well, that's brilliant for us. Sends us top but it's also a mental blow.

However, I think we need to be 4 ahead by the time we go to the Etihad so there's a lot of work to do yet. And I don't think this will be "the weekend that it all changed" or anything. There are still so many games to go. Almost a 1/3 of the season. Much drama ahead.

Wilbur

Banned
Tottenham's season is a pretty sad story. Their recent performances against United and City deserved so much than they got, and they've had more than one game where some horrific calls kept them at a draw or forced them to lose. It's a damn shame because you can tell that without the wind in their sails, they aren't half as threatening as a team.

I think - and I've been guilty of this as well - their first team is so good that there's a lot of ignorance about their strength in depth. Take Modric and Bale out of that team and they're nowhere near as scary. I'd love them to come third, but in reality I think they'll have to hold off a late surge from Chelsea for fourth.

dc89

Time to watch Norwich twat Wigan, Barca slip past Racing and my men Bilbao draw with Osasuna.

This is so salty hahaha. It was also enjoyable to see fans herald the arrival of an ugly Argentinian with a billboard. It's got nothing to do with the point gap, we're top of the league a at a crucial time. Well done City for getting so far but you're bottling it big time with results like this.

Results? Plural?

And no, it's not salty, it's the truth. Admit it, 5 years ago you'd have never thought it would be City you just over took to go ONE (and just remember it is one point) point clear at the top. Sure it adds extra spice to it, and many hardcore United fans will say that City are not their true rival but this season has shown they are. Because there is no fun I having a rival who is 7th.

Like I said though, many more twists to come yet. But City haven't done themselves any favours today.

Fixtures looks to be in Man Utd favour, not sure if the Man City Man Utd game will be the title decider now. Not sure where Utd may drop points before apart from the city game, City have some possible sticky games against a 4th place chasing Gunners, Stoke, Newcastle and Norwich all away. Would like it all to boil down to the last game of the season with City vs QPR for the title or relagation.

Empty

yeah and you can tell the sudden england situation has unsettled them too. can count themselves very unfortunate, especially if they end up falling out of the top 4 places.

Since the England thing's come up, they've just fallen off a cliff. Although not before beating us 5-0, first.

Bastards.

It's nothing to do with England, Spurs just had a hard run of games and lost them. Could have happened to anyone. Anyone mentioning England is just looking for excuses that aren't even needed. Should be a really fun run-in if Arsenal beat Newcastle tomorrow.

I think - and I've been guilty of this as well - their first team is so good that there's a lot of ignorance about their strength in depth. Take Modric and Bale out of that team and they're nowhere near as scary. I'd love them to come third, but in reality I think they'll have to hold off a late surge from Chelsea for fourth.
Even with Modric and Bale they didn't scare Everton yesterday though, they were really poor.

Wilbur

Banned
Even with Modric and Bale they didn't scare Everton yesterday though, they were really poor.

Everton always have the propensity to play well against the big teams, didn't surprise me they won. Spurs just have to come fourth and they're definitely good enough to get through the qualifiers. Have no sympathy for Chelsea now, I wanted them to beat Arsenal to third but fuck that now.

Manager

I said before the match it would be though, only two teams have won at Swansea. I still believe City can beat United in April. Many games still to be played so hopefully City can recover. Time for Mancini to gather his troops.

Savic was a catastrophe, as believed. He shouldn't play anymore this season and then be loaned out next season. He's a mess.

Didn't like seeing Barry lash out at Platt either, he's soon 30 and should know better. He's there for his experience, he can't act like a spoiled brat.

What's the story on teams in the standing from Liverpool down to Aston Villa? They can't really contend for the top 4 unless they get lucky and there's no chance of relegation really so do they more or less coast to the end of the season? Or does there final standing have baring on the money they receive?

EDIT: Oh oh not looking good for Wigan already

ShogunX

Similar to their job at Anfield. They kept hold of the ball so much that City couldn't get into their rhythm at all. Sinclair had his pen saved by Hart, but a great header by Moore brought them ahead to 1-0.

Knew it would be a tough game. Swansea are still the best side I have seen at Anfield this season, Like a mini Barcelona and it pissed me off to no end.

What's the story on teams in the standing from Liverpool down to Aston Villa? They can't really contend for the top 4 unless they get lucky and there's no chance of relegation really so do they more or less coast to the end of the season? Or does there final standing have baring on the money they receive?

EDIT: Oh oh not looking good for Wigan already

Yeah, the higher you come, the more prize money you get. Then there's pride, and Europa League (lol)

GorillaJu

It's not just the quality of the players but the tactics being used. For example when you look at your squad, you have a few world beaters, and then a smattering of decent players. Tottenham's squad could largely be judged as the same, and outside of Rooney I think man for man, I'd pretty much take their XI over United's. They have a fantastic midfield.

Harry may be able to get players working hard for him with the creative freedom and encouragement to express themselves that he affords their players, but its clear from the intensity and doggedness that United play with (and the results) that you need solid tactics and training to keep those players who aren't world beaters working above their level and adding to the sum of the team.

Redknapp may be laissez faire to his own credit when it comes to players with immense talent like VdV, Bale and Modric, but perhaps its to his detriment with players like Sandro, Livermore, Dawson, Krancjar, Walker, etc.

Yeah, the higher you come, the more money you get. Then there's pride, and Europa League (lol)
To add to this, there definitely are some dead rubbers in the last couple of matches of the season. It's usually seen as a good thing to be playing someone who has nothing to fight for if you are chasing a top 4 finish or trying to avoid relegation.

Fixtures looks to be in Man Utd favour, not sure if the Man City Man Utd game will be the title decider now. Not sure where Utd may drop points before apart from the city game, City have some possible sticky games against a 4th place chasing Gunners, Stoke, Newcastle and Norwich all away. Would like it all to boil down to the last game of the season with City vs QPR for the title or relagation.

article-2109766-1204391E000005DC-148_634x605.jpg

Too far out to tell. Either team could collapse, or it could go down to a head-to-head battle at the Etihad. However, United do have the momentum, coming out of a spell of fairly tough fixtures with good results into a spate of easier ones against largely bottom-half of the table fare. City, by comparison, have lost sixteen points in their last sixteen matches. Squeaky bum time, indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom