• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bo-Locks

Time to use it

untitled-11fwxa3.gif

Fat City fan doing his best impression of a fat Geordie.

Perfect weekend. United will drop points in the coming weeks, but I don't think there will be many more weekends as significant as this one. The only disappointment is that we didn't take a bigger chunk out of that goal difference delta.

United win
City lose
Unleash the Pog
Super Tom returns

GorillaJu

I can't believe Stoke, Norwich and Newcastle are "red" for City. Those should all be comfortable wins, so long as they don't capitulate.

kharma45

I can't believe Stoke, Norwich and Newcastle are "red" for City. Those should all be comfortable wins, so long as they don't capitulate.

Norwich I wouldn't worry about for City but Stoke away won't be easy, and if Newcastle can find some form again neither will be traveling to them.

Wilbur

Banned

Stoke should be a red for every team, but I agree with the other two being yellows I think. Arsenal away is the biggest hazard, can see van Persie putting a few past Savic if Kompany isn't back.

kharma45

SAF on Pogba after the game: "the boys tryna make his mind up, but he knows where he should be. He's a 1st team player no doubt about that"

Dammit, too slow.

Empty

well the chart is made by gary neville.

i think stoke away is probably a red though. newcastle can be if they rediscover their early season form, but not on any current evidence. norwich not so much, though still a good team. dunno why sunderland are green.

I want to make some comment about how it's not like that on Liverpool games because a lot of LiverpoolGaf actually go to the matches and aren't on to post.

But I'll keep quiet because I live thousands of miles from Anfield. Yes... very quiet.

They probably wish they hadn't spent the money to see those games live. lol.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Didn't realize Tottenham was that far behind already.

One bad derby performance has given us the jitters. In the two games following the 5-2 we've played well but made 4 defensive errors and been punished with a goal every time. I know we will recover and I think the next two games will see us bounce back.

:lol City

Manicini underestimating the opposition again. You do well to get away from the Liberty with a point, playing Savic makes that impossible. Crazy to play him when there are players like Kolarov and Milner who can cover for Richards moving to CB. Did Mancini forget how Savic played against Spurs?

This sounds a bit Liverpool wank, but aside from not scoring, Welbeck was really good.

Welbeck is good already, but I think if we continue to show patience with his current less-than-decisive finishing - alongside the kind of glares that Fergie unleashed on him when he came off - he'll also turn into a really productive player.

Salazar

Fuck it. If Man Utd win this season, I'm supporting Rangers next season.

Ally McCoist's little meltdown when they lost 2-1 was pretty good.

Och, yeh, have a little wee kick at us the noo. Have a kick the noo. Cos Rangers won't be doon like this fah long.

K1LLER7

Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini following his side's 1-0 loss at Swansea: "They played very well for the first 30 minutes, aggressive and lots of possession but we had the control of the game in the second half and had chances to score but we didn't. It was a mistake for the goal. We had chances on the counter attack, if we don't score, like against Sporting, you can pay with a goal by making a mistake. We need to start scoring again, and we are in second position now. The lead can change every game but it is important to start winning and scoring again. All the players in this moment are tired, but we have a lot of energy to go top again and there are 10 games to play."

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson after his side's 2-0 win over West Brom: "I hope it is a significant day, and I don't mind being top of the league. We've turned it around and credit to the players for that. They have shown great resilience and determination. We had a period of injuries but we have come through that now. We won't get nervous, we have the experience, we will keep on playing and it is good to see that type of temperament."

Kyoufu

Ally McCoist's little meltdown when they lost 2-1 was pretty good.

Och, yeh, have a little wee kick at us the noo. Have a kick the noo. Cos Rangers won't be doon like this fah long.

McCoist is a legend!

Sad thing is they may not even be here.

Love the hate for United, keep it coming keep it coming, sperm on my face

Bahaha. Nobody hates Man Utd more than I do on this forum. Every time I follow the league they fucking win it :p

Salazar

Bahaha. Nobody hates Man Utd more than I do on this forum. Every time I follow the league they fucking win it :p

xnf13.jpg

Not our fault City lost.

Chicha was really good, Regulus. Made a goal, passing was good, movement was awesome. Should have scored, same with Welbeck.

Wilbur

Banned
Five of Wigan's next six games are against Stoke, WBA, Man United, Chelsea and Arsenal. Whelp. Only a comfortable game at Anfield to break up that tough run of fixtures.

Kyoufu

I actually called it back in October or November that City will botch their season just like in 1995 when Newcastle were looking to win the league too. United just came at them strong and eventually Newcastle had to take 2nd. History repeating itself here methinks.

Just read Fergie's comments on Pogba. Without bringing him on first in a league game, it wouldn't be as big a statement, especially the part about him definitely being a first team player. I honestly doubt Fergie would be going in this hard if he wasn't confident of convincing him to sign.

However, I also think this whole situation has gone a bit insane. Pogba is obviously going to be a good player. But what kind of good we're talking depends upon his temperament and work ethic; things yet to be tested in the fires of whole match first team football against quality opposition. On the whole, it's almost a bit difficult to believe that such a saga would be following an eighteen year old but, to be fair, if Cleverley, for instance, had lucked into Pogba's physique at around the same age, he likely would have been fast-tracked, too.

Worth respecting.

Agreed. You could make a case for Drogba being the best PL striker of the past decade. I wouldn't necessarily agree, but it would make for a pretty strong case.

Wilbur

Banned
Ruddy is a good keeper, made a few good saves in that half.

On Berba subject, I feel so sad for him :( he should start against Bilbao, we need to keep the ball much better than we did on Thursday.

Salazar

if Cleverley, for instance, had lucked into Pogba's physique at around the same age, he likely would have been fast-tracked, too.

The physique still matters a bit, too. It gets said quite a bit that his dominance at reserve level doesn't signify so much, but he's still a big strong lad out there.

he should start against Bilbao, we need to keep the ball much better than we did on Thursday.

Yeah. I think it's fairly plausible to expect Bilbao to really go for it, too. Not going to be a low tempo game.

Wilbur

Banned
Mallorca drew 2-2 at the Mestalla?! Sweet. I like Valencia, but if Bilbao and amazingly Levante get the CL spots ahead of them I'd be happy.

EDIT: And Nocerino is awesome

avaya

1trillion in the bank and you have Barry and Milner in your squad managed by Mancini. Deserve to lose for that alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom