• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning

Banned
I love Mancini interviews. For interviews I enjoy watching his the most.

"We conceeded stupid goal, very stupid goal. A top team can't conceed a goal like this" I love it how straight to the point he is. Imagine his reaction if he was in charge of Arsenal or Chelsea with our mickey mouse defending? Amusing.

Now City can bounce back and smash Chelsea doing us all a favor!!!!!

elsk

Banned
ibcrFjHfq11QO2.gif

99% of the Bayern gifs are made by Fry, btw.

If Everton beat Liverpool on Tuesday they'll go above them. I doubt it'll happen, when was the last time Everton won at Anfield? If it did though, that would be quite the embarrassment for LFC.

The strange thing is I can still see them ending the season with a cup double. I'm not sure quite where Liverpool are as a team/squad. Some weeks I watch them and think they're a couple of good signings away from being a top 4 side. Other times it seems they need at least 5/6 players.

Kyoufu

Everton won't beat Liverpool. Not at Anfield anyway.

I know Liverpool have been piss poor, but when it comes to derbies, their inner scouse essence heats up.

Of course, since Carroll is a Geordie, he'll still play like shit. :p

Sporting´s starting 11 for the match against Guimarães.

Rui Patrício; João Pereira, Xandão, Polga, Evaldo; Schaars, Elias, Matias Fernandez; Izmailov, Capel and Wolfswinkel.

A bit surprised to see Schaars, Elias and Matias all playing at the same time on the midfield.

rodvik

Fun day. Swansea really have played superior tactics this season, makes you wonder if the message that possession matters will finally get through to the rest of the league and maybe even the English national team.

I still cannot believe this Man United team which I think is weak compared to their usual standards are top of the league.

bjaelke

Why did I ruin it though? Would have been a perfect day if Søren Berg wasn't shit.

I went to the stadium to enjoy the atmosphere today. After your party in Aalborg last week we had a silent demonstration together with the away fans. I'm aware that we're not the top team we used to be, but we've always been the most vocal fan group in the league. Well up until today. I think I fell asleep on several occasions.

elseanio

If Everton beat Liverpool on Tuesday they'll go above them. I doubt it'll happen, when was the last time Everton won at Anfield? If it did though, that would be quite the embarrassment for LFC.

The strange thing is I can still see them ending the season with a cup double. I'm not sure quite where Liverpool are as a team/squad. Some weeks I watch them and think they're a couple of good signings away from being a top 4 side. Other times it seems they need at least 5/6 players.

Least confident I've been going into a game. The problem is, I fully expect Dalglish to go with the same tactics/formation he did vs Sunderland/Arsenal/United. He isn't really learning from his mistakes, just persevering and seemingly hoping it all just starts to click.

I'll be in the Anny Upper. Always enjoy the derby, so still looking forward to it.

Kyoufu

Fun day. Swansea really have played superior tactics this season, makes you wonder if the message that possession matters will finally get through to the rest of the league and maybe even the English national team.

I still cannot believe this Man United team which I think is weak compared to their usual standards are top of the league.

If only man. Most English teams just get the ball then lob it to the centre forwards. zzz

Must be nice to support teams that can pass the ball to death.

rodvik

If only man. Most English teams just get the ball then lob it to the centre forwards. zzz

Must be nice to support teams that can pass the ball to death.

No kidding. Its fun to watch even as a neutral, I can only imagine how great it must be to support a team that plays like that.

Arnie

Least confident I've been going into a game. The problem is, I fully expect Dalglish to go with the same tactics/formation he did vs Sunderland/Arsenal/United. He isn't really learning from his mistakes, just persevering and seemingly hoping it all just starts to click.

I'll be in the Anny Upper. Always enjoy the derby, so still looking forward to it.

I'm in the Upper Anny too, by the corner near the main stand, was a last minute purchase. I was in a similar seat for Wolves and the view is great, shame about the atmosphere, although I expect it to be good enough considering it's a derby.

Not too confident either, hope Carroll plays. I've got to zoom off to Lime Street after to get back to Uni that night, got lots of shit to do on Wednesday, might have to leave before extra time to get a taxi in time. The traffic is wank getting back into town after a match.

TeegsD

Playing Elias, Matias, and Izmailov at the same time needs to happen more often. They manage to link up well and wreak havoc on the other teams.

elseanio

I'm in the Upper Anny too, by the corner near the main stand, was a last minute purchase. I was in a similar seat for Wolves and the view is great, shame about the atmosphere, although I expect it to be good enough considering it's a derby.

Not too confident either, hope Carroll plays. I've got to zoom off to Lime Street after to get back to Uni that night, got lots of shit to do on Wednesday, might have to leave before extra time to get a taxi in time. The traffic is wank getting back into town after a match.

I'm the opposite corner, on the front row so the same.. great view. The atmosphere will be great IF its a decent game. Been in the upper before for a derby, and everyone was standing for the most part.

You going to Stoke at the weekend? I've enjoyed the auto cup scheme. Got to know a few of the people around me, since its the same seat every game.

AFP reporter saying that Suarez was asked on Canal+ whether he'd like to play for PSG, he replied "Yes, like any other big club" and that he'd like to play with Lugano.

Maybe something to keep an eye on ahead of the summer.

He's been linked with PSG for the past 3 months or so.

You've been watching a lot of football recently without any prior history?

Last weekend was the first game I ever saw. Watched Liverpool vs Arsenal on a whim since it was on ESPN2. With thanks to Salazar I've been really getting into it in the past week. Watched a lot of games yesterday and today. No Premiere games now though so I'm watching Serie A on Xbox (ESPN3). Football is so much better than any American sport - fast paced, no commercials, and its not dragged out over a period of 3 or 4 hours. Plus there seems to be a lot of exciting finishes ... from what I've seen so far anyway.

Happy to see Maklershed here! Made many of my avatars :p

Glad to be here.

bjaelke

ibcrFjHfq11QO2.gif

99% of the Bayern gifs are made by Fry, btw.
Love this one:
Ribery-joke.gif

Last weekend was the first game I ever saw. Watched Liverpool vs Arsenal on a whim since it was on ESPN2. With thanks to Salazar I've been really getting into it in the past week. Watched a lot of games yesterday and today. No Premiere games now though so I'm watching Serie A on Xbox (ESPN3). Football is so much better than any American sport - fast paced, no commercials, and its not dragged out over a period of 3 or 4 hours.

It's great to see new people here. I know the mods are a bit unhappy about the closed sports communities on gaf.

Slizz

Last weekend was the first game I ever saw. Watched Liverpool vs Arsenal on a whim since it was on ESPN2. With thanks to Salazar I've been really getting into it in the past week. Watched a lot of games yesterday and today. No Premiere games now though so I'm watching Serie A on Xbox (ESPN3). Football is so much better than any American sport - fast paced, no commercials, and its not dragged out over a period of 3 or 4 hours. Plus there seems to be a lot of exciting finishes ... from what I've seen so far anyway.

Glad to be here.

Welcome! It truly is, spend a couple months only watching the big European Leagues while there is no NFL and watch how much slooooooower that return NFL game will be.

TeegsD

That was a very fluid play by Guimaraes. Rui made a great safe. Also looks like Xandao needs to come off :(. Our DC's are falling like flies

Not yet. From an article I was reading though it sounds like Tottenham might be a team I'd be interested in.
Awesome, they have a great squad at the moment. I've been lucky enough to have been supporting United since '93, talk about a golden age.

It's an incredible sport once you are into it even if the low scores may seem dull at first.

Spend some more time watching as a neutral before you pick a team.
Yeah, in a way it's good to just have a team assigned to you, by your birthplace, family, etc. That way you won't desert them in bad times.

I've picked FC Union as my German team but still haven't been to any matches much to my disgrace.

Wilbur

Banned
I only really like Wigan for Martinez, same as I did Wolves for McCarthy. If they go down and Martinez keeps them around the play offs for a few years he deserves a crack at a bigger club, he's got promise and people forget that he set in stone what Rodgers is doing at Swansea. A few of their players should have no trouble staying in bigger leagues as well; Moses, Rodallega and McCarthy come to mind.

Very enjoyable first half. We are passing the ball quickly and well. I just wished Capel would pass the ball more, he´s being extremely selfish. And Xandão seems to be fine, thank god for that.

ShogunX

I'm in Annie Road upper as well. Section 228, Row 12 - Got up late the day the tickets went on sale and missed out on the KOP. Despite recent results I'm still confident of a win mainly because I know we are capable of playing some great football just have to sort out the finishing part. Well that and Moyes is always defensive away from Goodison so we should have some decent spells of possession.

Hope no more of LFCGAF are attending the match! Who will fulfill the role of telly clapper on here?

TeegsD

Very enjoyable first half. We are passing the ball quickly and well. I just wished Capel would pass the ball more, he´s being extremely selfish. And Xandão seems to be fine, thank god for that.

This is exactly how I feel. Our midfield is absolutely commanding the game but Guimaraes has done a good job of shutting down the final third. Joao Perreira needs to get better with crossing.

ShogunX

This is exactly how I feel. Our midfield is absolutely commanding the game but Guimaraes has done a good job of shutting down the final third. Joao Perreira needs to get better with crossing.

What was the thoughts about Joao Teixeira from yourself and fellow Sporting fans? Was he held in high regard or anywhere near playing for the first team? Watched him play against Liverpool in the Next Gen tournament and he was a level above the rest but how was he viewed from your end?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom