• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

Opta:
If the Premier League had started on January 1, the bottom three would be QPR, Liverpool and Wolves, all with five points.

Not sure where I saw it but I saw some shocking stats about Liverpool.

Woy's first 17 games in charge = 22 points.
Kenny's last 17 games = 21 points.

lol-face.jpg

dc89

:( this may cost us the league!

City have only won 2 out of their last 8 PL away games.

BUT! Have faith CityGAF. 10 games left, 30 points to play for. We win all our games, all 10 of them and the league is ours. A very difficult ask, but it's doable. The way some of the media have gone on it's like City are 31 points behind United and it's now impossible to turn it around.

Wilbur

Banned

BUT! Have faith CityGAF. 10 games left, 30 points to play for. We win all our games, all 10 of them and the league is ours. A very difficult ask, but it's doable. The way some of the media have gone on it's like City are 31 points behind United and it's now impossible to turn it around.

The media suck ass. We were written off for the title after the 6-1, after we went out of the Champions League, after we lost to Blackburn and Newcastle. Reactionary press have been the norm all season, it's pissed me off

Does anybody really think it's over?

All that's changed is United are now favourites where City were beforehand. Both sides will drop a few points yet. What matters quite often is when and how they are dropped.

Looking back on today's game Ashley Young did play well. He's very frustrating but he does create chances and danger when on song. I wish Welbeck would have scored because he played well today, he's going to be a great player for us when he manages to nail down his decision making. It's really useful he can play out wide too, the wings are so so important for us. Nani, Young, Valencia and Giggs have 10, 9, 9,9 assists each to their name from there in the league this season.

The problem is that City have a far harder run-in than United. A single point is nothing, so I'm hoping the Manchester Derby will be the settler, seeing as City is very likely (IMHO) to take that. I'm not a City fan by any means, but the last thing I want is for United to get their 20th.

rodvik

Well I was thinking I'd like a team that are underdogs but have hope of being challengers. Have incredibly supportive fans that aren't dickheads. And are in a location that would be nice to visit one day. Honestly based on what I saw today I really liked Swansea but I don't know if all my criteria works for them.

Thats a deal breaker right there :)

Suggestions:
Aston Villa. We wont be challenging for titles and many of our fans are dicks but we have a strong American connection and whether we like it or not we will be playing a lot of home grown exciting academy players next season. Hey its my team I have to suggest it :)

Swansea. They play some of the most pleasing football in the PL and they are doing it on a shoestring.

West Brom / Fulham. Two teams with good managers who can play pleasing stuff and you have to think one of these days is going to have a good cup or european run.

Avoid any of the current top six and those teams or ones with a fierce local rivalry (you will just look daft trying to trade insults based on whether someone is a mackem or a geordie for example and you WILL get sucked into it.)

Good luck! Choose a team and avoid the top six!

Wilbur

Banned
I would say as someone starting out, if I had to pick three from the Premier League, it would be Arsenal, Fulham or Villa. Swansea I would give another season to see if they're staying there.

Awesome, how did you start supporting Villa, Lerner?

Well I was thinking I'd like a team that are underdogs but have hope of being challengers. Have incredibly supportive fans that aren't dickheads. And are in a location that would be nice to visit one day. Honestly based on what I saw today I really liked Swansea but I don't know if all my criteria works for them.
Perhaps Borussia Dortmund?

Arsenal/Tottenham are good suggestions from England. (If you end up picking one of those, never let anybody know you once considered the other!)

Victor Moses has looked good at times this season. May finally be fulfilling his potential.

If Wigan do go down I wonder where Ali Al Habsi will end up. He's brilliant. Perhaps Spurs? Friedel can't go on for much longer.

I would say as someone starting out, if I had to pick three from the Premier League, it would be Arsenal, Fulham or Villa. Swansea I would give another season to see if they're staying there.

Awesome, how did you start supporting Villa, Lerner?

Well, not directly, no, but it was a reason. Primarily I wanted to pick a promising team that could be competitive across the league, but wouldn't be considered a bandwagon fan. I eliminated the traditional Top 4 because I would just appear to be a frontrunner, and I didn't want that because I'm a diehard sports fan in general. My options came down to Aston Villa, Fulham, Everton and Tottenham (I think). I didn't want to pick Manchester City because of the money thing, and I didn't know much about Tottenham. Everton, Fulham, and Villa had some American connections and I think the final reason was actually because Brad Friedel grew up ten minutes from where I did, and that was enough for me; plus, Lerner.

Never looked back, unfortunately MON did many great things, then began the slow self-destruction that we still haven't come out of yet :(

Wilbur

Banned
Victor Moses has looked good at times this season. May finally be fulfilling his potential.

If Wigan do go down I wonder where Ali Al Habsi will end up. He's brilliant. Perhaps Spurs? Friedel can't go on for much longer.

That would be a good shout, I forgot to mention Al Habsi earlier. He's a great shot stopper. Spurs would be a good shout, maybe Fulham if Schwarzer retires any time soon.

Thanks Awesome! It's mad I think how we as fans that don't support teams due to local allegiances have our reasons and still fall in love with them. My dad's side of the family support United but I don't see them much.

rodvik

By the way Awesome did you see the way Villa park exploded with joy after Weimans goal and the final whistle? Was like we won the league :) Was great to see, I think everyone has been stressed out about our bad form.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

I hope not. Al-Habsi is just like Gomes, he makes world class reflex saves but makes far too many errors when he has time to think. I'd rather have Vorm or Krul.

By the way Awesome did you see the way Villa park exploded with joy after Weimans goal and the final whistle? Was like we won the league :) Was great to see, I think everyone has been stressed out about our bad form.

I posted this earlier today,

Just saw the Villa goal from yesterday. So awesome. It was a great goal, and Weimann's first. Love seeing the 20 year old celebrate. So fucking awesome.

I loved it. That's the kind of emotion I want to see every damn Saturday from our team. I can't wait to see Gardner, Bannan, Albrighton, Delfounseo, Herd, Lichaj, Weimann, Clark, and Delph out there in the coming years. Growing up in the Villans youth system, playing together forever, and true teammates. I can't wait for next season, and I hope we can get a proper manager who can cultivate our youth. I certainly don't think McLeish is the man for that job, on top of many other things he isn't.

rodvik

I posted this earlier today,

I loved it. That's the kind of emotion I want to see every damn Saturday from our team. I can't wait to see Gardner, Bannan, Albrighton, Delfounseo, Herd, Lichaj, Weimann, Clark, and Delph out there in the coming years. Growing up in the Villans youth system, playing together forever, and true teammates. I can't wait for next season, and I hope we can get a proper manager who can cultivate our youth. I certainly don't think McLeish is the man for that job, on top of many other things he isn't.

Agreed. Although I dont think he is going anywhere. Besides would you trust our board to play spin the wheel again on a manager? They would probably hire Steve Bruce or something.

rodvik

I think it's admirable that he showed loyalty to the club, he seems like a great guy and I think he's got potential. But he must be regretting it a bit.

Doubly now the Wigan owner is getting on his back.

TBH though I think Martinez's reputation exceeds his results. He really doesnt have Wigan playing attractive possession football no matter how often he says he does. It looks like similar dross to Bolton imho. If he had come to Villa I doubt we would be playing much better football.

Wilbur

Banned
Doubly now the Wigan owner is getting on his back.

TBH though I think Martinez's reputation exceeds his results. He really doesnt have Wigan playing attractive possession football no matter how often he says he does. It looks like similar dross to Bolton imho. If he had come to Villa I doubt we would be playing much better football.

I think they attempt to play good football but when trying to build from the back and they have lumps like Gary Caldwell it seems inevitable it's not going to go well. At Villa he'd have a lot more money, better ball players, and I think it would go well for him.

rodvik

I think they attempt to play good football but when trying to build from the back and they have lumps like Gary Caldwell it seems inevitable it's not going to go well. At Villa he'd have a lot more money, better ball players, and I think it would go well for him.

Maybe we will find out! :) He is a class act thats for sure. I never see him get bitter after a game.

Hixx

MOTD2 - Utd wankfest, Steve Bruce wankfest and Colin Murray is a no nothing cuntbag stick to radio.

Hmm, wonder who you support...
KuGsj.gif

Colin Murray's Bruce jibe was fucking class: "I suppose it's only fitting to start at the Stadium of Light, where Sunderland continue to struggle without Steve Bruce"
KuGsj.gif

Wilbur

Banned
Maybe we will find out! :) He is a class act thats for sure. I never see him get bitter after a game.

I really like him, he's the only reason I root for Wigan. I wanted Wolves to stay up and now I don't give a shit, I wanted Chelsea to get fourth and now I don't give a shit.

After being away injured for 2 months, Jeffren gets the chance to play a few minutes for Sporting and he does this on the first time he touched the ball.

goaljeffrenwnuig.gif

jeffren2liux0.gif

Slizz

After being away injured for 2 months, Jeffren gets the chance to play a few minutes for Sporting and he does this on the first time he touched the ball.

http://www.abload.de/img/goaljeffrenwnuig.gif[IMG]

[IMG]http://www.abload.de/img/jeffren2liux0.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Fuck.... he really got behind that one. Must have felt SOOOO good especially right after it left his boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom