• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fry

I missed the whole day of football, must've slept about 12 hours. That what sundays are for, right?

fuuuuuuu

What was the thoughts about Joao Teixeira from yourself and fellow Sporting fans? Was he held in high regard or anywhere near playing for the first team? Watched him play against Liverpool in the Next Gen tournament and he was a level above the rest but how was he viewed from your end?

Thanks.

He´s a great talent and I´m sad to see him go. He was called twice to first team and would often train with them but he didn´t play a single minute.

TeegsD

GOAL MATIAS

2-0! He deserves this goal. Been playing very well but what a shitty clearance by them lol

What was the thoughts about Joao Teixeira from yourself and fellow Sporting fans? Was he held in high regard or anywhere near playing for the first team? Watched him play against Liverpool in the Next Gen tournament and he was a level above the rest but how was he viewed from your end?

Thanks.

Like stated above, he was one hell of a talent that should've seen some first team action. But alas he shined on the big stage and was picked up. There are a bunch of youngsters that we should mix in but every match counts for us so the risk is a bit high.

Welcome! It truly is, spend a couple months only watching the big European Leagues while there is no NFL and watch how much slooooooower that return NFL game will be.
I can't even stomach American sports. Way to slow and way to many commercial interruptions. MMA is the only American sport exciting enough to keep my interest.

Awesome, they have a great squad at the moment. I've been lucky enough to have been supporting United since '93, talk about a golden age.

It's an incredible sport once you are into it even if the low scores may seem dull at first.

Spend some more time watching as a neutral before you pick a team.

Hope you are enjoying football, it's an amazing game if you can overlook the flaws often pointed out.

Blackburn Rovers are a nice bunch of folk

Well I was thinking I'd like a team that are underdogs but have hope of being challengers. Have incredibly supportive fans that aren't dickheads. And are in a location that would be nice to visit one day. Honestly based on what I saw today I really liked Swansea but I don't know if all my criteria works for them.

Wilbur

Banned
I can't even stomach American sports. Way to slow and way to many commercial interruptions. MMA is the only American sport exciting enough to keep my interest.

Well I was thinking I'd like a team that are underdogs but have hope of being challengers. Have incredibly supportive fans that aren't dickheads. And are in a location that would be nice to visit one day. Honestly based on what I saw today I really liked Swansea but I don't know if all my criteria works for them.

For all those three, Arsenal I would say was your best bet. Maybe wait til summer and see what happens with van Persie haha

Swansea is more interesting than nice I would say although they are a nice team to root for IMO they are trying to play football the right way.

Fulham would also be an option as they are located in London so within easy reach, friendly club with a slightly insane owner who unveiled a Michael Jackson statue at the ground.

Finally arsenal are a club with a great history but stumbling a bit at present, they would be my pick if you want a team that aren't there at the moment but will aim for the top still

ShogunX

He´s a great talent and I´m sad to see him go. He was called twice to first team and would often train with them but he didn´t play a single minute.

Like stated above, he was one hell of a talent that should've seen some first team action. But alas he shined on the big stage and was picked up. There are a bunch of youngsters that we should mix in but every match counts for us so the risk is a bit high.

Thanks guys. Look forward to seeing him play for Liverpool and he should get a chance next year if we get through the qualifying rounds of the Europa League.

FootballFan

Damn missed all the football.
So ManUnited won and ManCity lost? Congrats on another EPL title ManUnited.
Juventus drew AGAIN? How?!
Barcelona win 2 - 0, Messi scores only 2? :p

For all those three, Arsenal I would say was your best bet. Maybe wait til summer and see what happens with van Persie haha

Swansea is more interesting than nice I would say although they are a nice team to root for IMO they are trying to play football the right way.

Fulham would also be an option as they are located in London so within easy reach, friendly club with a slightly insane owner who unveiled a Michael Jackson statue at the ground.

Finally arsenal are a club with a great history but stumbling a bit at present, they would be my pick if you want a team that aren't there at the moment but will aim for the top still

I'll keep my eye on Arsenal. They sound like what I'm looking for. And Fullham is interesting too - also, established 100 years from my birth year and the goalkeeper and I are very similarly named. Dumb reasons but better than any other I have right now. Haha

too easy... so I wont bite ;)
Hmm?

I always try to push people down the Chelsea road but they don't really tick your boxes. Swansea are a good side, I love watching them.

I'll keep my eye on Arsenal. They sound like what I'm looking for. And Fullham is interesting too - also, established 100 years from my birth year and the goalkeeper and I are very similarly named. Dumb reasons but better than any other I have right now. Haha
As somebody picking a team because you don't live in the area they are based, you have the luxury of picking whoever you want for whatever reasons you want, like the colour of their shirt? Pick them. Like the name? Pick them. Like a player on the team? Pick them.

TeegsD

I guess Sa Pinto wants to give Matias a rest. And Andre Martins is back. The new number 28, hopefully he plays like the old ones.

Penalty! And Izmailov to take it!

3-0!!!!

Empty

one of fulham's best players - clint dempsey - being an american might appeal to you too.

Dibbz

Hmm?

Watch the Arsenal Newcastle game tomorrow. It's bound to be a good game.

Wilbur

Banned

Hmm?

Fulham are a good choice but probably not going to get anywhere.

I'm doing this with my little brother at the moment, he's trying to get into it. I'd give you the same advice I gave him; watch things like Match Of The Day and Revista De La Liga, find a few players you like and follow them a bit more, playing styles of teams, their kits, their fans and it'll happen. Freewheeling on here used to casually watch United games and then got a massive boner over Henry, and now he's a huge Arsenal fan. I used to like Andy Cole and as I was starting out watching football he moved to United so that's when I started following them.

A team like Bilbao I've always found interesting because of their recruitment process and when they hired their manager this season I made a real effort to start watching; with Roma its a combination of their manager and my fascination with the city. It comes from the strangest of places but I'm sure eventually you'll find someone and you'll just love them. I can honestly say that there's not many feelings better than winning a trophy or beating your rivals.

TeegsD

Izmailov off
Jeffren on

Good to see him back on the pitch. Hopefully he manages to avoid injuries

Well i have to go. Hopefully we keep the clean sheet and add another goal or two :D

Fur_Q

Damn missed all the football.
So ManUnited won and ManCity lost? Congrats on another EPL title ManUnited.

This isn't over not by a long shot, they will drop points I guarantee it. Now were in the slipstream, pressures on them.

10 games left, 1 which is against us.

Been top since October was expecting us to flip positions sooner or later. This is football.

immy

Banned
If they were in the Premiere League I probably would just because Ricky Gervais likes them. Haha

Next season my friend. Seriously though lots of reasons to support reading.
-Great fans
-Nice location
-Potential for growth (no other big teams in berkshire)

But most of all we play good football!

Haha Gervais likes them because he's from reading!

Real Madrid? It's them or Reading, his call...

Phhhh, Real who?

Wilbur

Banned
A lot of Championship sides play good football actually; Reading, Southampton, Brighton. Brighton have a great new stadium, some great fans, a young manager. I like Brighton.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom